Nick Saban: Rivalry hasn’t changed in 10 years. Still the same.

Seeing Fulmer on the sideline after the Auburn win was cool. Seeing him on the sideline this coming Saturday at Neyland after beating Bama would be priceless. The whole state of Alabama would lose their minds. Oh, the hate would be awesome.

I would absolutely love it. Bama fans truly are the Worst . The conspiracy theories they had about Fulmer & the NCAA were hysterical.

I remember before Fulmers final game vs Alabama, i got pissed reading Bama forums and seeing them laugh together and saying all this BS about Fulmer

It used to make me mad but now its just funny. Just having Fulmer as AD really triggers them tho

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181016-091629_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20181016-091629_Chrome.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: VolsnRavens
Yes. It has changed and is not a rivalry currently. We have to win sometimes for it to be a rivalry. Our main rivalries are Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Vanderbilt kenturkey and auburn. It is hard to build anything when bama and the Gators are your main rivals. Just to clarify: i do not like or endorse the success of any program except the university of Tennessee.

Reactions: GRN1926
It's interesting that everyone is ready to tab Smart as the guy to challenge Saban, but Kirby's last two losses have been by 20+. The last time a Saban coached team lost by 20+ was December 17, 2006 and it was to the Buffalo Bills.
Saban has built a winning machine down there. It will come to an end one day but it probably won’t be for a while. If anything they’re better than ever.

Which sux for me as an older Vol fan. We older guys hate Bama more than anybody

Reactions: Remy

I agree to an extent...I do believe he sees big improvement from what our staff has done and you can't discount improvement from last year on both sides even as bad as our oline is. Does Nick think he will lose....no not million years he knows we don't have the horses to do that but he does see marked improvement from past couple of years....i would agree with that and I do believe he thinks we finally have staff that is coaching and teaching our team something that h asnt happened in a very long time.

Get back to us after Tennessee beats Bama, runs the table and finishes 9-3 this year. Lol.

I'd think he could get back with us and crow a little just after Tennessee beats Bama, never mind the other requirements. :)

Saban is FOS, but I think we may finally be taking steps toward this being a game that everybody looks forward to from a competitive standpoint again.

Saban is FOS, but I think we may finally be taking steps toward this being a game that everybody looks forward to from a competitive standpoint again.
agreed, and i do think, even though we will be, and probably should be, underdogs in most of our remaining games, i'm sure there were some fan bases out there.....MO, USCe, KY, Vandy......that saw that game SAturday and were like "great, now they start to turn the corner, just in time to play us"

KY, i'm definitely talking to you............... :)

VN Store

Back