Neyland Lenient Seating Policy

Well, I think the vote has it folks should unclench their sphincters and enjoy the game without worrying where someone else is sitting.

Bump...I haven’t been to a game at Neyland in over 10 years. Yesterday I took my son to his first game at Neyland. In the 4th quarter we moved down to an empty section to see the action up close. We probably were at least 100 ft from the nearest person and in less than 5 minutes an usher came down and said we couldn’t be in this section without a ticket. Glad to see the Neyland Nazis haven’t changed and was reminded of why I haven’t been to a game in a while. Still had a good time.

Seeing the away fans always pisses me off. But this won't be a problem once we become competitive again, overzealous ushers really isn't on my wish list

I’ve never had an usher check my ticket without me asking where to go. I’ve also moved seats to get a little closer if I notice some empties, generally later in the game, and always under the assumption that if the seat owners return I would move without question.

The ushers will make you sit if you are standing though, does not make sense.
That pisses me off beyond description. I never sit on defense. If an older or disabled person is behind me I always offer to change seats with them prior to kickoff

I don’t care if people want to move late in a game or with a kid ect. But what ticks me off is when early in a game people crowd in and sit where sometimes they have more people than seats available ect. Also, a lot of them are rude and obnoxious and we had some start vaping and I don’t pay what I pay to have that experience. I had some guy and his kid sit in two empty seats by me in the second half because the rest of their family was there. Nice guy and we talked and that’s cool. But not everyone is like that and if they don’t have a ticket for that seat then yes, that does piss me off. Out tickets are west side and in S.

And this $hi+ right here is contributing to people staying at home. It’s one thing to get whipped on the field, it’s another thing to get whipped on the field AND treated like scum by an usher. People and their quest for power. Like dude, we’re already getting blown out. Let me at least watch it up close now that all the “fair weathers” have left.

That pisses me off beyond description. I never sit on defense. If an older or disabled person is behind me I always offer to change seats with them prior to kickoff

I can stand the whole game but I am embarrassed to stand when no one else in the section is for every single play. If everyone is then I am cool with it. But one play was actually being run on offense and this guy who is only one standing is actually texting on his phone while the play was being run. Standing and wasn’t even watching plus we were already down 4 touchdowns. So many are just selfish these days and don’t care about kids or anyone else. Actually, I would like for everyone to stand on D bit not everyone can.

I can stand the whole game but I am embarrassed to stand when no one else in the section is for every single play. If everyone is then I am cool with it. But one play was actually being run on offense and this guy who is only one standing is actually texting on his phone while the play was being run. Standing and wasn’t even watching plus we were already down 4 touchdowns. So many are just selfish these days and don’t care about kids or anyone else. Actually, I would like for everyone to stand on D bit not everyone can.
Yeah I know what you mean. I've lucked out and have had good rowdy sections most times I go

I wanted to get Vol Nations take on this. This year I've noticed the ushers have never asked to see our tickets. I set in the north enzone and it's usually packed with the usual season ticket holders. However, I've noticed a lot this year, mostly with fans from other teams, being able to freely walk over and sit in open seats that they don't have a ticket for.

My question to you all is, does this bother you? Would you want the ushers to be more strict, and make people start showing tickets and forcing them to sit in the seats they have tickets for?

I donate to the school, pay for the tickets, and opposing fans come down to our area and freely sit in the open seats that they did not purchase.

It kinda bothers me, I wanted to get your thoughts and see if maybe there is a reason my the ushers are not more scrict on making people show their tickets, because I'm seriously thinking about emailing the school.

Your thoughts?

Maybe if it's a sold out house, but otherwise if someone is sitting in your seats, just kindly let them know.

Reactions: TopsideVol
If only the ushers could perform liposuction on some fans.

Maybe I would go to a game again.

I hope that's blue font, i wouldn't let a large demographic of our population keep me from going to watch the Vols. I would stand before I miss a big game at Neyland.

I hear the Terrace is lovely this time of year. Looked nice and empty today too. PLENTY of leg room.
Posted via VolNation Mobile
It was really nice, a lot of talent present if you know what I mean.View attachment 173199
Personally, I would stand on the Vols sideline if i could get on the field...

Been there it's terrible to watch a game. I like the mid to upper levels.

I really think the TN fan base have more to worry about than people moving to empty seats, that coming from a season ticket holder. At some point we have to acknowledge some of these complaints come from being disappointed. If TN had a winning season, I'd dare say, this wouldn't be an issue.

I wanted to get Vol Nations take on this. This year I've noticed the ushers have never asked to see our tickets. I set in the north enzone and it's usually packed with the usual season ticket holders. However, I've noticed a lot this year, mostly with fans from other teams, being able to freely walk over and sit in open seats that they don't have a ticket for.

My question to you all is, does this bother you? Would you want the ushers to be more strict, and make people start showing tickets and forcing them to sit in the seats they have tickets for?

I donate to the school, pay for the tickets, and opposing fans come down to our area and freely sit in the open seats that they did not purchase.

It kinda bothers me, I wanted to get your thoughts and see if maybe there is a reason my the ushers are not more scrict on making people show their tickets, because I'm seriously thinking about emailing the school.

Your thoughts?

Well. . .uh

tenor.gif

I’ve never had an usher check my ticket without me asking where to go. I’ve also moved seats to get a little closer if I notice some empties, generally later in the game, and always under the assumption that if the seat owners return I would move without question.

It's rough that something so controllable is ruining your otherwise perfect-in-every-way experience. Seriously, I always had much more fun with "visitors" to my section than I ever did with the stickbutts who came every week. Are you sensitive about seeing opposing fans celebrate? Are these intruders too dark for you? What's the real problem here? You have very limited control over your own seat, and absolutely no power over those around you.

Reactions: utvolfan98
It bothers me but not enough to make a fuss over it. I just feel like it's unfair to pay extra money for good seats to have someone who payed $50 for their ticket steal one that costs $100+

I guess from now on I'll just buy the cheapest ticket possible and just move to the first lower level open seat I find. I mean why wouldnt I?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back