Neyland Lenient Seating Policy

EasyVolunteer

Like Sunday Morning
I wanted to get Vol Nations take on this. This year I've noticed the ushers have never asked to see our tickets. I set in the north enzone and it's usually packed with the usual season ticket holders. However, I've noticed a lot this year, mostly with fans from other teams, being able to freely walk over and sit in open seats that they don't have a ticket for.

My question to you all is, does this bother you? Would you want the ushers to be more strict, and make people start showing tickets and forcing them to sit in the seats they have tickets for?

I donate to the school, pay for the tickets, and opposing fans come down to our area and freely sit in the open seats that they did not purchase.

It kinda bothers me, I wanted to get your thoughts and see if maybe there is a reason my the ushers are not more scrict on making people show their tickets, because I'm seriously thinking about emailing the school.

Your thoughts?

Winning games with more butts in the seats will cure this, otherwise, unless they are in my seat-- who cares?

You wouldn't try to snag a better seat if we were rompin' in the Swamp?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: Volfan74
Maybe you should donate more so you wouldn't have to sit in the endzone and see other people sitting in seats you don't know if they had a ticket for them or not.

Maybe you should donate more so you wouldn't have to sit in the endzone and see other people sitting in seats you don't know if they had a ticket for them or not.

I hear the Terrace is lovely this time of year. Looked nice and empty today too. PLENTY of leg room.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I guess you guys are missing my point. If it doesn't bother you then that's ok, I started the thread to get a feel for where most of you would be on the issue. Sounds like most of you really don't care if people aren't sitting in the seat they paid for, as long as it's not yours.

Thats fine.

Thanks for your input.

Reactions: Tombo7
if nobody is there and they are not belligerent then why should you care? if the ticket holder shows up and the opposing fans do not move, then it becomes a problem. If they just move somewhere else, then it's not a big deal...just enjoy the game man.

Also, I sit in the student section and half of the time they check my tickets, its actually really annoying, I wish they would stop.

Well, then it's none of your concern. I've taken advantage of comped upgrades at Fenway and MSG often. Might as well use a seat if nobody else is.

Ok.

I personally wouldn't sit in seats that I didn't pay for, unless and usher offer or something like that.

That's just me, but I guess I'm in the minority.

Reactions: Tombo7
Well, my view is that the seat is paid for, so it's not comparable to sneaking into the movies. If your drive goes into the woods and you see 4 other balls while looking for yours, do you leave them because they are someone elses, or do you take them and throw them in the practice ball bucket in the back yard?

Reactions: igotworms
You'd continue to sit in the nosebleeds even if there was an open seat down low that was obviously not going to be used? Interesting...

Reactions: Rocky Top Raby
Well, my view is that the seat is paid for, so it's not comparable to sneaking into the movies. If your drive goes into the woods and you see 4 other balls while looking for yours, do you leave them because they are someone elses, or do you take them and throw them in the practice ball bucket in the back yard?

Not sure thats a fair analogy for this situation.

I would be embarrassed if I were asked to get out of a seat because I was sitting in someone else's seat.
Thats just me.

Reactions: V_O_L_S and Tombo7

VN Store

Back