New Orleans Saints Thread

I would have gone for it but being inside your own 30 doesn't make it an easy decision. The defense was playing well so i don't have a huge problem with it.

Well you got the ball back, which is all well and good, but down 2 scores when they can run 3 plays at 40 seconds each, then punt to at best your 20, leaving you with 3 minutes to get 2 scores all while having 1 time out and the 2MW is just dumb.

Especially since the Aints scored after the 2MW, and then they were left with 1:49 to stop em and score. And unfortunately unlike the SB the Cards knew the onsides were coming.

I would have gone for it but being inside your own 30 doesn't make it an easy decision. The defense was playing well so i don't have a huge problem with it.

It doesn't matter where the ball was. If you're down two scores with only one timeout and only five minutes left -- especially with the NFL's clock rules -- and you punt the ball away, you're just not going to have time for two drives unless there's a turnover or a successful onside kick or something else a hell of a lot less likely than simply picking up a 4th and 2. Stupid move.

This year's Saints team as a lot closer to the '07, '08 teams than last years. Hopefully Payton and Brees can get the offense clicking once we get our RBs back.

now that Bush is back they will be able to establish a solid run game. it would be nice to have P. Thomas back though. NOLA will finish strong and start with a clean slate in the playoffs. I think ATL is the biggest hurdle at this point. Dallas game them a run but Dallas is on a roll since the firing...
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The Bengals just absolutely crapped that game away like a 2-9 team should. Getting drawn offsides on 4th and 2 when the whole world knows they aren't going to snap the ball is just inexcusable.

Was just about to create a thread of this nature. Love the Saints. Dont care how we get wins as long as we keep doing it.

I'm really not sure how a professional athlete could get drawn offsides in that scenario. The Saints had that game handed to them. I'll take it.

Great first day. Added a much needed pass rusher and the perfect RB for Payton's system.

Drew Brees is the glue holding the New Orleans Saints together in the offseason | NOLA.com

Per usual, Brees left no stone unturned. He asked his longtime personal trainer Todd Durkin to fly in from California and oversee the conditioning program. He arranged for the Tulane Institute of Sports Medicine to provide insurance to the players who needed it. He coordinated with Dickson to make Tulane's video room available for study sessions.
"He came in here with a plan," Dickson marveled.

He also came in with an open wallet. Brees is footing the bill for most of the expenses, including the cost of the Tulane staff as well as the insurance and lodging of some of the team's young players, who can't afford the extra expenses without the workout checks and bonuses they normally receive from the team. Brees couldn't say how much it would cost him, but it easily could escalate into five figures, depending on the length of the lockout. "Who knows," Brees said. "We'll see. But it's worth it.

Typical Drew. Being that all class, lead from the front, team first, let's work harder than anyone else, for the love of NOLA, all around great leader, and person.

Remember boys, he was too short for Texas and too slow for A&M. Never gonna mount to ish.

Welcome to The Official NOLA Saints Fan Spectacular

Where are the Saints fans? I know I'm not the only one!

Attachments

• SAINTS cover.jpg
    SAINTS cover.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: 1 person
With the Saints struggles on D and Foster on IR should the Saints consider Michael Sam. With "the obvious" set aside, dude is a BEAST.

VN Store

Back