New DE/OLB

I’m sure it’s been talked about but why did he show up so out of shape?

Never a good sign IMO. Khalil McKenzie comes immediately to mind. Obviously an 18yo can't be expected to come in at 100% game shape due to the challenge and regiment from a D1 S&C prog. But, young players with the kind of motivation it will take to be great, do everything in their power to get ahead even before making it to campus.

I have never made fun of Paul Bain, but did laugh at some of the post about him & heard that he did too !!! He knew people were kidding about him because he came from a smaller division college as a walk on, embraced it & earned a scholarship as a key contributor to our defense !!! in his interviews he is good natured & seems to feed on the celebrity !!! Good things are coming his way & knows it; he is truly a Vol For Life !!!

Never a good sign IMO. Khalil McKenzie comes immediately to mind. Obviously an 18yo can't be expected to come in at 100% game shape due to the challenge and regiment from a D1 S&C prog. But, young players with the kind of motivation it will take to be great, do everything in their power to get ahead even before making it to campus.
can you lift weights with an injured shoulder? If you try you'll aggravate it and make it worse. Proves the point of how many posters on here put their mouth in gear before they understand all the facts. Jerod Mayo and KMac had torn pectoral. Out for a year. JJ's injury wasn't as severe but he couldn't train over the summer because of it. I'm tired of having to post this. Get off the "outta shape BS !

Is JJ Peterson a difference maker? I have little knowledge of this guy.
he's not in shape and doesn't even know the system, so NO he's not a difference maker at this point, but that's not to say he won't be in the future

Have you watched him play this year? talk about stupid statements,

Really? Because I can recall the Paul Bain/ Chuck Norris threads before he ever touched the field. You might want to educate yourself before you attempt to put someone in their place.

He tackles the entire backfield and then starts tossing them aside until he finds the one with the ball.
Hilarious.....lmbo. Pause for a moment and visualize that picture. No, not that one, not that one, oh yeah, you are the one then comes the body slam. BAM111 Get the picture?

I have never made fun of Paul Bain, but did laugh at some of the post about him & heard that he did too !!! He knew people were kidding about him because he came from a smaller division college as a walk on, embraced it & earned a scholarship as a key contributor to our defense !!! in his interviews he is good natured & seems to feed on the celebrity !!! Good things are coming his way & knows it; he is truly a Vol For Life !!!

The jokes started from someone posting his headshot that looks like one bamf lol. That’s the only reason.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Really? Because I can recall the Paul Bain/ Chuck Norris threads before he ever touched the field. You might want to educate yourself before you attempt to put someone in their place.
Can you read, I said this year. I remember the day when thePaul Bain threads started, go and take your ADD meds.

not really lol.

but he's the highest rated player in the 2018 class, and he will, maybe sooner than later, wind up being one of those LB types we used to just be used to having. he'll fit in the mold of an Al Wilson, Leonard Little, Raynoch, Jarod May type guy.

big impact, should be very productive.

just behind the eight ball since he got in so late this season.
Always use a disclaimer until you have a chance to see them play at this level regarding their impact. We have seen too many sure thing recruits end up not being so hot when the opportunity to play arose.

Can you read, I said this year. I remember the day when thePaul Bain threads started, go and take your ADD meds.

You sir, have exactly zero reading comprehension skills. You say I made a stupid statement about Paul Bain being a legend without touching the field, that is a factual statement. I reinforce my statement by making clear my what I meant, so even you might be able to understand.
Now you move the goal posts because you jump in a discussion with your statement about him playing this year and you’ve decided that all else should tossed aside because of your inability to comprehend.
Paul Bain has played well this year, no doubt, he is one of my favorite vols ever. Now, name another VFL football player that has reached the status as Paul Bain without even being a starter.

You sir, have exactly zero reading comprehension skills. You say I made a stupid statement about Paul Bain being a legend without touching the field, that is a factual statement. I reinforce my statement by making clear my what I meant, so even you might be able to understand.
Now you move the goal posts because you jump in a discussion with your statement about him playing this year and you’ve decided that all else should tossed aside because of your inability to comprehend.
Paul Bain has played well this year, no doubt, he is one of my favorite vols ever. Now, name another VFL football player that has reached the status as Paul Bain without even being a starter.

Rod Wilks?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back