'19 NC RB Quavaris Crouch (Tennessee signee)

Still hope he's in our class, all said and done.

But it'll probably be Clemson

Last edited:
A Michigan fan asked Chad who's the biggest threat to Michigan for Crouch...

I see Clemson and Tennessee each as a threat to Michigan. Quavaris Crouch is an elite talent, so it will be a fight for his signature until the end. The official visit to Michigan did not take place this past weekend, but is expected to be rescheduled for next month. I would give the two schools you mentioned, Clemson and Tennessee an advantage over the Wolverines right now, but that all could change once he takes his official visit to Ann Arbor. Lets see what type of vibe we are getting once that happens.

-Chad Simmons

Would love to pull this kid!!

My issue, he wants to commit to a place that always wins. I get it tho. I just think its a ridiculous reason to commit. Kids want to walk into a winning situation vs. building something. The same reason I hate giving kids 2nd place trophies. "Everyone's a winner", "you have fun, here's a ribbon." It's a character issue for me, you go to a team that always wins, so you have a guaranteed ring by the end of your 4 years.

My issue, he wants to commit to a place that always wins. I get it tho. I just think its a ridiculous reason to commit. Kids want to walk into a winning situation vs. building something. The same reason I hate giving kids 2nd place trophies. "Everyone's a winner", "you have fun, here's a ribbon." It's a character issue for me, you go to a team that always wins, so you have a guaranteed ring by the end of your 4 years.
Morris says hello... and not all these guys want to go to bama or osu...

This is a little ridiculous. Would you rather take a job at a large company that's been having success or go work for someone who has been consistently failing in their business ventures? This has nothing to do with the "everyone's a winner" mentality and has everything to do with these kids making an investment in their future.

Winning is fun man

This is a little ridiculous. Would you rather take a job at a large company that's been having success or go work for someone who has been consistently failing in their business ventures? This has nothing to do with the "everyone's a winner" mentality and has everything to do with these kids making an investment in their future.
I agree with this. But, if I'm really good at what I do, do I want to go to one of those large companies and get lost with other great people? Me personalty, I would rather go somewhere where I can stand out and make a bigger difference (selfish, maybe).

We all see a lot of really good HS players go to schools where there are four or five 4*/5* guys at their position and they get lost in the shuffle. Anyway...hope he's a Vol.

Reactions: blued125

I thought this was a football thread.

There's a very clear track record of kids following rings/wins vs. development (Draft History Bama 353/ Tenn 345) . Is it even worth mentioning this kid said, "he wanted to go to a winning team". I understand kids want to win, my point, kids want to win when it's easy.

But to answer your question above, I've done both. I've worked with a large corporation that viewed me as a number vs. a person. I've also worked at 2 startup companies that valued my commitment and level of expertise. Apple, FedEX, Airbnb, Evernote, Reddit all were failing before that one dude decided to not commit to the winning companies.

After reading that article, it seems as if we have completely fallen off with this kid. No mention of us even for an official visit. I would bet on Clemson at this point.

VN Store

Back