'19 NC RB Quavaris Crouch (Tennessee signee)

We also have Jalil Clemons and Roman Harrison as OLB/DE's. Whether they get processed or RS their freshman year bulk up, that's 6 players that could line up on the LOS.

And we still have all the guys the staff added last year-- Gooden, Mincey, Garland, Harris..

Crosby, Emerson, Bennett, and Butler from before..

Darrell Taylor and DeAndre Johnson and Jordan Allen as DE/OLB..

Shy and Alexis will be our biggest losses. KP5 can hopefully use the rest of this year to turn into a late-round pick. Kongbo won't be a huge loss.

I say let our staff develop what we got. We can't make it all up in one recruiting class.
I mean, I'm down for another DT, especially if Cox is still expected to flip to Auburn. But again, can't make it all up in one class.
oh, i idon't disagree with any of this.

i just think that DL is taking a hit, you're going to get younger, fast. and everyone on the DL needs to develop that's coming back.

i think they'd like to hedge their bets a bit with a moore or norton...or both. and i'm not sure Cox stays. he definitel won't if we have a shot at Moore AND Norton.

Reactions: ChismsHeadband

i just think that DL is taking a hit, you're going to get younger, fast. and everyone on the DL needs to develop that's coming back.

i think they'd like to hedge their bets a bit with a moore or norton...or both. and i'm not sure Cox stays. he definitel won't if we have a shot at Moore AND Norton.

For sure. I just don't think we can stock a 25-man class with 10 DL. Roster management is all about balancing numbers, don't wanna put any other positions in trouble by under-recruiting them.

Reactions: ben3ev
For sure. I just don't think we can stock a 25-man class with 10 DL. Roster management is all about balancing numbers, don't wanna put any other positions in trouble by under-recruiting them.
i hear ya and i don't think we will if we did take 6 DL. we're gonna be fairly young next year, and while i won't say we'll have "quality" depth. we're gonna at least have #'s at every position.

so why not on your first class, beef up the LOS? it's obviously the area in the most need on both sides of the ball. and likely will be the next 2 years for sure. i think if you do address the LOS in this class, it at least sets up for you in year 3 to have some experience, and guys you can develop as you go along. should make it easier to fill spots everywhere else on the roster going forward, and have more balanced classes going forward.

Reactions: volsagain and T Dog
We also have Jalil Clemons and Roman Harrison as OLB/DE's. Whether they get processed or RS their freshman year bulk up, that's 6 players that could line up on the LOS.

And we still have all the guys the staff added last year-- Gooden, Mincey, Garland, Harris..

Shy and Alexis will be our biggest losses. KP5 can hopefully use the rest of this year to turn into a late-round pick. Kongbo won't be a huge loss.

I say let our staff develop what we got. We can't make it all up in one recruiting class.

Emerson was added in 18 and will be a RS freshman in 19.

Harris is a guard.

But otherwise spot on

Tuttle and Alexis Johnson are literally the only 2 players we will miss next year. Every single position should absolutely be bigger, stronger, and have a better understanding of the scheme.
I think Kyle has been solid too.

Tuttle and Alexis Johnson are literally the only 2 players we will miss next year. Every single position should absolutely be bigger, stronger, and have a better understanding of the scheme.
I could probably make an argument for Kyle Phillips.

Take Harris and Crosby out. They on OL.

Thing about that is Cox is an interior guy. And Norton and Moore are DE. Maybe they could bulk up to go inside in a 4-3. But if we lose Cox imm think we need another NT type. I know we got big Simmons , and Savion coming in and Gooden for NT but who else.. I just never ever want to get to where we was when we had ,what was it three and a spare for the DL.

Reactions: jakez4ut
This year they're scout team OL. Once we take 5 OL including Wanya and Wright, you think they'll stay there, or do they go back to their natural positions?
Per coach Pruitt, he had to move some guys to have some depth. With that addressed after signing day I would expect Harris to go back, unless he shows out then he might should stay on OL. Crosby, now I have not heard or seen a peep since he moved to OL. He might transfer out if he cant get in shape, or maybe he gets a fire put under his arse and dedicates himself to what needs to be done. Imo

Reactions: eroller1141@gmail
Per coach Pruitt, he had to move some guys to have some depth. With that addressed after signing day I would expect Harris to go back, unless he shows out then he might should stay on OL. Crosby, now I have not heard or seen a peep since he moved to OL. He might transfer out if he cant get in shape, or maybe he gets a fire put under his arse and dedicates himself to what needs to be done. Imo
I know Crosby had some bad weight he needed to lose but he was an athletic freak in high school. I mean he played running back some for his team. Hopefully he gets it together. Always thought he would make a good nose.

I know Crosby had some bad weight he needed to lose but he was an athletic freak in high school. I mean he played running back some for his team. Hopefully he gets it together. Always thought he would make a good nose.

I think he did work pretty hard to get himself moving in the right directions... may be wrong

Crouch wants to play LB in college. Even if he's recruited as a two-way player, he's probably not going anywhere that wants him as an offense-first player. UT needs a pure RB, which is why the coaches are pushing hard for Gray, who would bring the speed and agility we need.

Gray will also be visiting Michigan next weekend. That's his first trip back since summer.

Crouch as recent as 3 days was quoted as not sure where he will play in college. That most schools are recruiting him as an athlete. He said he will play either side but you can tell he wants to play RB. He said he played it his whole life and I think this is why CU and FSU are the front runners probably FSU at this point. He is friends with their current QB commit and FSU OC and RB coach are his main recruiters for him. I think the reason some schools may be backing off are because he wants to play RB even though most project his path to the NFL as a LB. He reminds of J Wilder coming out of HS a few years ago.

Crouch as recent as 3 days was quoted as not sure where he will play in college. That most schools are recruiting him as an athlete. He said he will play either side but you can tell he wants to play RB. He said he played it his whole life and I think this is why CU and FSU are the front runners probably FSU at this point. He is friends with their current QB commit and FSU OC and RB coach are his main recruiters for him. I think the reason some schools may be backing off are because he wants to play RB even though most project his path to the NFL as a LB. He reminds of J Wilder coming out of HS a few years ago.

He's not sure where he'll play, because that's really up to the coaches. He wanted his HS coach to play him more at LB this year. RBs have a shorter shelf life, and he's already had injuries. His HS team needed him at RB, so that's where they played him, and right away, he was injured again. After visiting Michigan this weekend, he'll be at Clemson and FSU the next two weekends and probably won't get to SC or back to UT-- so Clemson and FSU probably are the frontrunners right now. Seems some schools are concerned that he's injury-prone and might not be the best fit where they'd want him to play.

Also I’m pretty sure he said in a recent interview that he wants to play LB and that the UT staff likes him at RB.

He's not sure where he'll play, because that's really up to the coaches. He wanted his HS coach to play him more at LB this year. RBs have a shorter shelf life, and he's already had injuries. His HS team needed him at RB, so that's where they played him, and right away, he was injured again. After visiting Michigan this weekend, he'll be at Clemson and FSU the next two weekends and probably won't get to SC or back to UT-- so Clemson and FSU probably are the frontrunners right now. Seems some schools are concerned that he's injury-prone and might not be the best fit where they'd want him to play.

Article posted 2 days ago said he will now visit UM on November 3rd per Crouch with family. The UM staff wants him after the season but he wants to experience gameday.

“I set an official visit with Michigan, so I’ll probably go to the Penn State game,” he said. “

He has Clemson OV set for the Duke game on November 17th. Originally set up visit for the FSU game vs UF but looking to change that now to OV with Howell. Suppose UOV for the USC aTm game this weekend and next weekend UOV for the NC State game at CU.

In regards to playing this is from Tuesday.

Crouch says he does not really have a position of preference – he just wants to play where he thinks he can be most successful for the long haul.

“Not really. I mean I love running the football,” he said. “I’ve been playing running back my whole life, and I always played a little bit of linebacker. Never full time like that."

Right now I’ve got my Florida State official visit for when they play Florida, but I might bring it up a little bit and go whenever (FSU quarterback commit) Sam Howell goes because that’s my boy, and I might just go with him. But it’s one of the two.”

I do agree LB is the best fit but FSU selling him hard on RB. I think the reason some have backed away is because he still is not sold on LB. Like being mentioned short shelf life and injury prone has many tentative on him. He will make a decision it looks like after Thanksgiving at the latest it looks like.

Yeah, he keeps changing his visits, so it's not really worth the effort to keep up with it. Looks like that Michigan visit is still in flux. Apparently, Michigan wants him to visit on a low-key weekend so they can focus all the recruiting attention on him. Not many more weekends left, so it doesn't seem likely he'll visit UT again, at least not for a game.

VN Store

Back