Nashville needs an MLB team. Prove me wrong.

If a team moves to Nashville, I hope they are placed in the AL. My allegiance is with the Braves, so I have no dog in this fight.

Reactions: tbwhhs
The Marlins allegedly signed a 35-year agreement that prevents them from relocating when they built the new stadium.

The Braves/Cardinals/Reds are all similar distance from Nashville. None really have any say so in the matter. MLB has already given the Rays permission to explore other options. The Rays lease of Tropicana Field runs out in 2027 and they're already flirting with Nashville.
That makes sense Nashville could be a good fit

Nashville MLB team: Stars supporters release stadium renderings (tennessean.com)

"The group says it will not seek public money to fund stadium construction or development around the stadium, but has said it wants to explore building on city-owned property (such as that near Nissan Stadium pictured in the renderings) in partnership with the city."
Until there's an actual Billionaire in that group, it's just wishful thinking. And the site depicted in that article is highly unlikely.

The Rays should relocate here. Nashville is such a tourism location with a ridiculous amount of implants anyway. Allegiance to the Braves isn't as strong as people are suggesting. My baseball friend group here is spread amongst the Braves, Cardinals, Cubs and Reds pretty evenly (I'm the oddball Indians/Guardians fan). Nashville would do infinitely better than the Rays attendance-wise. Also could slot right into the AL East and get 18 Red Sox/Yankees home games here every year. Probably sell out the first few years and settle into the 12-15 range attendance annually, definitely no worse than 18-20. This is a baseball state that is highly under represented. The Braves have a strange monopoly on baseball in the southeast that needs to change.

VN Store

Back