My entire 30's ...

are going to go by with a 1-19 record vs. Florida and Alabama. Wow. It never ceases to amaze me how much this program has declined in the last 10 years.
At least you are young enough to hopefully see consistent winning in the future. I’m 62 and maybe not in what’s left for me.....

Reactions: bnhunt
are going to go by with a 1-19 record vs. Florida and Alabama. Wow. It never ceases to amaze me how much this program has declined in the last 10 years.

I feel ya brother. I turn 40 next month, and while my 30's have been the most amazing time of my life, Tennessee football has definitely been a big disappointment as far as my best decade goes.

At least you are young enough to hopefully see consistent winning in the future. I’m 62 and maybe not in what’s left for me.....
I don't even expect us to win every game, but it would be nice to get that feeling back of being competitive and in the mix. We surprise a team every few years (i.e. Auburn this year), but that's only because those teams overlook us. I am cautiously optimistic that Pruitt can get the program back there, but after Kiffin, Dooley, and Jones it's hard to have too much hope.

It started when they moved away from having anyone who had a clue running the AD's office, Dickey retired, bean counter Hamilton was hired. Joe Johnson retired and progressive liberals took his place. No oversight for the program which was UT's cash cow, still is.. It was time to make a move in 2005 and it didn't happen. The results are what you are still witnessing. Don't put a bean counter in charge of football with no feel for the game or how a program should be ran. You look for signs in a program as to when it's time to make a move. You had no one in charge that knew anything about football until now.

Last edited:
We can get back, but everyone has to pull in the same direction. Fulmer and Pruitt I’m not worried about. It’s the Chancellor, President, and some notable Alumni that I hope jump on board too.

Reactions: njvols
Look at the bright side... At least it isn't practically all you know! Just turned 23 and can only remember one (semi-)exceptional year in 2007. However, I will concede that it made the 2016 Florida win that much sweeter.

I will also say that this is the first time I have truly felt optimistic about an HC since Fulmer left.

I wore my vintage “back to back sec championship” T-shirt a couple weeks ago and my 19 year old son asked me how depressing it was that UT hasn’t won SEC since the December before he was born. Didn’t really have a good come back because I’ve over used the “we’re gonna be back in a couple years” excuse.

Did you disown him and cut him out of your will? Cause that seems like the kind of thing that needs to happen, you don't need that kind of negativity in your life

just goes to show what can happen when the wrong people, in a position of power, can do to a program...yep, it's been a shameful experience for the fans for a long time now...hopefully, we're on the right track with Coach/AD Fulmer and Coach Pruitt...

GO VOLS!

Did you disown him and cut him out of your will? Cause that seems like the kind of thing that needs to happen, you don't need that kind of negativity in your life
I responded in a mature way and told him his NY Giants aren't much better the last 4-5 years.

I was at UT from 1997-2000 and if you had told me how far the program would fall I would have said you were damn crazy.

I was at UT from 1969-1972 and if you had told me how far the program would fall I would have said you were damn crazy.

Reactions: bnhunt
Look at the bright side... At least it isn't practically all you know! Just turned 23 and can only remember one (semi-)exceptional year in 2007. However, I will concede that it made the 2016 Florida win that much sweeter.

I will also say that this is the first time I have truly felt optimistic about an HC since Fulmer left.
Shows how far we've fallen that we were in SEC championship, but had alot of good fortune to get there, which, kinda like 2016 Butch on a different level, where had some success, but enough things didn't go right, and alot of attention on Fulmer after 2007, which obviously didn't get better in 2008.

Reactions: tinman23

Any season where you get your a$$ handed to you by UF & Bama isn't even semi-exceptional.

Reactions: Cartervol
It started when they moved away from having anyone who had a clue running the AD's office, Dickey retired, bean counter Hamilton was hired. Joe Johnson retired and progressive liberals took his place. No oversight for the program which was UT's cash cow, still is.. It was time to make a move in 2005 and it didn't happen. The results are what you are still witnessing. Don't put a bean counter in charge of football with no feel for the game or how a program should be ran. You look for signs in a program as to when it's time to make a move. You had no one in charge that knew anything about football until now.
I think the most inauspicious hires where when they hired the UF Aggie boys to be the president and Chancellor. Before that they hired two presidents that were basically just Crooks

Look! In my 55 years, I have seen the mighty Nebraska Corn Buskers fall. I saw Okla homo fall after Barry Seltzer left and they stayed down for many years. I am now seeing Miami fall to levels not seen by them since the mid 70s. I saw Syracuse, Southern Cal fall also
Oklahoma was horrid for about 10 years there between Switzer and Stoops so the parallels with UT could be amazing if Pruitt is really the man who rights the ship.

Miami has been down for almost 15 years. The Randy Shannon and Al Golden eras were not anything for anyone to be proud of. Not sure Richt is the right guy there long term but he is going to bring some stability and I doubt you will see much off the field embarrassment with him at the helm.

Nebraska is a mess and has been since the fired Solich. They would be better off back in the Big 12 from a rivalry and recruiting standpoint but have an easier path to 10 wins in that horrid Big 10 division they play in.

USC simply lucked into lighting in a bottle with Pete Carroll.

I'm in my 40s and don't even remember when Syracuse was really a factor in any conference.

VN Store

Back