*****Multiple sources confirm Jeremy Pruitt is next Tennessee Head Coach

As I was traveling today, the radio host were loving the idea of Pruitt to TN. People who know this guy seam to absolutely love his coaching style. I really think TN fans need to get onboard with this hire, especially if he brings big time coaches with him (which I think he will). This isn't the instant fix that a "proven" head coach could give us, but it very well could be a slam dunk hire 3 years from now. Pruitt can coach defense and recruit.

Reactions: 8 people
You guys that are complaining. What the heck do you want? Pruitt has a great background. Great recruiter.

This hire has great potential

Reactions: 16 people
So who did you want chief????

An AD and group of boosters that don't monumentally eff us over.

An administration committed to backing the brinks truck to a great coach (like Bama did with Saban).

Minimal signs of give a damn from anyone at the school, really.

Petersen, Patterson, someone that wins. Someone proven.

Reactions: 3 people
You were one of those Gruden or bust guys weren't you?

I go to and post in the Gruden thread because that is the only group of Vol fans online that post with joy and expect greatness.

Try again. I would bet you we will be back at this hiring crap again in three seasons.

Reactions: 1 person
An AD and group of boosters that don't monumentally eff us over.

An administration committed to backing the brinks truck to a great coach (like Bama did with Saban).

Minimal signs of give a damn from anyone at the school, really.

Petersen, Patterson, someone that wins. Someone proven.

They didn't want the job. Money doesn't buy everyone.

Reactions: 5 people
As I was traveling today, the radio host were loving the idea of Pruitt to TN. People who know this guy seam to absolutely love his coaching style. I really think TN fans need to get onboard with this hire, especially if he brings big time coaches with him (which I think he will). This isn't the instant fix that a "proven" head coach could give us, but it very well could be a slam dunk hire 3 years from now. Pruitt can coach defense and recruit.

Many are prepared to hate at first sight...

Reactions: 1 person
They didn't want the job. Money doesn't buy everyone.

Currie never went after anyone. He narrowed on Schiano and we rightly pushed back. Did that make this job toxic? Sure, whatever, why not.

At the end of the day we were screwed by the admins and a terrible AD.

Reactions: 3 people
You guys that are complaining. What the heck do you want? Pruitt has a great background. Great recruiter.

This hire has great potential

Dude we have fans here that had to google him. What do you expect?

Many prepared to hate...

VN Store

Back