Mr. Herenton Goes To Washington?

hatvol96

Memphis Mayor/King Willie Herenton has formed an exploratory committee to gather information and raise funds for a possible run against incumbent congressman Steve Cohen. Awesome.

I heard about this yesterday and thought it was great as long as he takes his buddys with him..The Feds, Dr. Cash, Janice Fullofcrap, Larry Godwin, Wanda Halbert and Mr. Cohen and Cohen Jr. and I could just go on and on, but that's a start. Go King Willie!!! :rock:

How does Herenton keep getting reelected, perhaps just by chance in a city that is overwhelmingly black?

It's not because he's black. It's because he's a Dem.

And if the city is so racist(I assume you mean the African-Americans in that city), why is it that it's taken Memphis over 180 years to elect a black mayor?

It's not because he's black. It's because he's a Dem.

And if the city is so racist(I assume you mean the African-Americans in that city), why is it that it's taken Memphis over 180 years to elect a black mayor?

Do you not have a solid understanding of history, Jim Crow and such? The reason Memphis didn't have a black mayor for 170 years is pretty evident.

Do you not have a solid understanding of history, Jim Crow and such? The reason Memphis didn't have a black mayor for 170 years is pretty evident.

Alrighty then.

Why didn't Memphis elect a black mayor in the past 35-40 years?

VN Store

Back