Most improved players to date.

This has been going on for 2 years now... one would have to think he could pick up a blitz but that does not seem like its part of his focus. He has earned the tough man moniker but it is not necessary for him to take those hits. I have to think the coaches practice or review this over and over with him. There is zero progress in that regard. So... how can so many jump out there and say he is one of the most improved players out there. Just does not show in W-L column or stats. By the way... as discussed by a few here, those passing yds vs. Aubie should be attributed to the great athleticism of his receivers... most of the long passes were just 50-50 balls, hung out there for the best man to catch.
You slam him, he does exactly the opposite of what you slam him on and makes the right read by throwing to our big WR who is in single coverage, does exactly what CJP ask him to do in that situation and you give all the credit to the wr. You're either a hypocrite or just arguing to argue, or you just don't like JG for some reason, which is it?

Not yet. To me JG is toooooo up tight. He calls plays but does't command his offense. There is something for some reason that isn't clicking yet. I wish he could just let loose and if he does well then great and if he doesn't he tried his best and had a ball trying.

But I am not down on the kid either. This is just my opinion, what I see. Other people think much differently and that is what this thread is for. If JG continues to make progress as you think he is then others will jump on the wagon too. But just not JG but other players to. Its great to have people point out the things I never even thought of. Most of the time I just post the progress from what I see on the field but others love to prove their point by using the stats and stats don't lie. So the stats can make one wonder "what did I miss". I think it is great to watch the light come on for the kids. Maybe you can tell they had that "OH" moment or even when they seem to have tapered off while someone else passes them by.:)

You slam him, he does exactly the opposite of what you slam him on and makes the right read by throwing to our big WR who is in single coverage, does exactly what CJP ask him to do in that situation and you give all the credit to the wr. You're either a hypocrite or just arguing to argue, or you just don't like JG for some reason, which is it?
You fixin to bring out that ban hammer again?:)

JP gets a D- on the last part of the half....terrible
Helton gets a C for the first half...They must be afraid of JG throwing the ball...
I'll give JG a B for handoffs...
I give Chryst an A for a threat to come in and throw a pass downfield for 10 yds or more

JP gets a D- on the last part of the half....terrible
Helton gets a C for the first half...They must be afraid of JG throwing the ball...
I'll give JG a B for handoffs...
I give Chryst an A for a threat to come in and throw a pass downfield for 10 yds or more
Not sure what game you are watching, but JG has played as excellent game. I’m also more critical of Helton’s play calling in the past, but he has called a great game thus far IMO.

Reactions: MustafaRasta
Not sure what game you are watching, but JG has played as excellent game. I’m also more critical of Helton’s play calling in the past, but he has called a great game thus far IMO.
Yo

You want to tell me how many JG actually threw down the field in the first half...ridiculous...tragedy in my book...got to throw the ball farther than , well behind the line of scrimmage or 5 yards down field....there is problems there...

I am upset with the last 49 seconds of the game big time....so he tries on sides kicks and 4th down plays...but fails to try to get in postion for a field goal attempt to, shall we say, give our guys a chance....but no, no, sit on it because they have no confidence in JG......good luck

Yo

You want to tell me how many JG actually threw down the field in the first half...ridiculous...tragedy in my book...got to throw the ball farther than , well behind the line of scrimmage or 5 yards down field....there is problems there...

I am upset with the last 49 seconds of the game big time....so he tries on sides kicks and 4th down plays...but fails to try to get in postion for a field goal attempt to, shall we say, give our guys a chance....but no, no, sit on it because they have no confidence in JG......good luck
You sound as ignorant about football as my 5 year old.

Last edited:
Bruh, when they are sitting in a Nickle cover 4 all game, not much of anything open deep.
Face it man, I have seen the throws tonight...over throws....underthrows....both long balls were under throws...he can't hit a receiver in stride...I think he is afraid...how many curls and outs or hitches you seen this year....yep, that tells the story...
Bring in Chryst who doesn't mind throwing a strike

Face it man, I have seen the throws tonight...over throws....underthrows....both long balls were under throws...he can't hit a receiver in stride...I think he is afraid...how many curls and outs or hitches you seen this year....yep, that tells the story...
Bring in Chryst who doesn't mind throwing a strike
I’ll leave you to yourself then, no reason to argue with someone who lacks basic understanding of the game.

JP now rates an F for the game....had 49 secs in the first half and decided to protect a lead with no confidence in his QB or team and took it to half time and now with over 9 minutes to go in the game goes for it on 4th and 7.......................because he doesn't have any confidence in his D or his QB....imo !!

JP gets and F for the loss....pitiful
If you can't put a QB in that can actually throw a ball down field then you did your team and injustice.....that was pathetic
Say all you want about JG being tough as nails....( yes he is ) but unfortunatley he just isn't a QB who can throw a down field pass with precision...can't lead a receiver with a pass and underthrows or overthrows the long ball...NO TOUCH

A+ goes to Calloway tonight
A to Palmer...probably higher if the QB could throw a ball down the field somewhere near a receiver....
A to JJ for his toughness and being a leader on this team...
C+ for this whole offensive line tonight...they even looked like an offensive line tonight....
Jordan gets an A for his tough running tonight
Ty gets and A for his tough running tonight
Fils A me did not get enough touches but did well
A + for backfield screens
Trying to think of someone on the D but just can't right now...no one stands out....it was our O line...receivers and running backs tonight.....

VN Store

Back