Most improved players to date.

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Who ya got?

hey Freak...I would like to see the forum be able to list and give credit to the players they see as improving in each game through the rest of the year and maybe vote on it or discuss it after each game.

For instance I see Warrior really improving the last couple games as well as well as several others...and I would like to see how the rest of the board thinks...
I mean I some real progress with some of the freshman also....I don't think A Johnson is getting near the attenion he should...a very pleasant surprise as well as Bain

Or even grade them as we see their play during the game !!!!!!!

Kongbo was turning the corner against Auburn but went down with the injury. Hate it for him and the team.
Agree, he looked more comfortable in pruitts defense. His size is hard to determine on what position he plays. Pruitt played him as more of a hybrid and it worked.

Reactions: feathersax
Kyle Phillips, JG, Nigel Warrior, almost all of our WR’s
I agree, prob JG the most. Almost have to throw Jennings in there for getting himself back into form.

Maybe I should know this, but did Darrell Taylor play yesterday? Didn't record a stat yesterday, and he's had a couple good games.

Reactions: OneVolNation
Bain and Alexis Johnson have improved 100% over last season.
Buchanan becoming much more dependable.
Newcomers Alontae Taylor, Bryce Thompson and Flowers are making huge strides.
Other than JG and TC, not much to get excited about on offense.

Hey @Freak, at the end of the season.. Let's do a thread like this with VolNation picking the players that had the best year.. Do it as a annual thing.. Could do offense and defense and then pick a MVP.. Idk.. What you think?

BTW.. JG, Alontae, D. Taylor are the ones that I'm think are improved.. Actually there are several.. Just the first that came to mind for me..

If I remember correctly 2017 was the worst D statistically ever. Maybe it was just against the run.
Kongbo was turning the corner against Auburn but went down with the injury. Hate it for him and the team.

In the scheme of things Kongbo has really not played that much football. It seems like in the last couple of games the light had really come on. Hate that he got hurt. I only wish him the best going forward.

Freak, I think if this could be posted at the head of the football forum it would be great as we could grade these players as we see them in our own eyes...
That is what I meant...I think it would be a great thing to do...at least after each game or even in the practice's we could post our thoughts...
It's your show but I would love to see it evolve....:):):):):):):)

Defense
1. A Johnson...B+
2. P Bain...C+
3. Warrior...B ( should have had 3 interceptions to date ...needs better hands )
4. A Taylor...C+
5 Buchannan...C

Offense
1. Ty Chandler...B
2. Palmer...C+

Taylor is regarded as one of the best corners in the country already as a freshman. Why only a C+

VN Store

Back