Mollie Tibbetts murder suspect arrested

Then its worth it.

Here and there.. I guess I should say a proper wall, the way it has been described, is not worth it. An effective barrier, if that is the aim, would have more in common with a fence, but that's just semantics. In my opinion, the best option for the money would be additional investement in border patrol.

Last edited:
Here and there.. I guess I should say a proper wall, the way it has been described, is not worth it. An effective barrier, if that is the aim, would have more in common with a fence, but that's just semantics. In my opinion, the best option for the money would be additional investement in border patrol.

No, the best option would be to stop housing them when caught and giving them a hearing. Caught crossing the border? Get sent right back where you came from. It's ridiculous the amount of time and money spent on that.

A border wall would help.

I've got a buddy that owns a contracting company and one of his employees was deported a couple of weeks ago and showed up again a week later looking for a job. He asked the guy how he got back so quickly. The former employee said that anyone with $1,500 can drive right through the border and that the border patrol agents 'look the other way'. What he described as an organized group (e.g. mafia) will pick you up, take your money and drive you straight through the border crossing without saying a word.

My understanding was that the border patrol guards aren't on the take, they're just bigger fans of having kids that will see there next birthday.

Border walls are like TSA agents, security theater.

My understanding was that the border patrol guards aren't on the take, they're just bigger fans of having kids that will see there next birthday.

Understandable, though if this is the case, I'd almost suggest finding others to work those crossings so this kind of thing doesn't happen. Of course, there's always that one greedy ************ who will sell out his comrades in arms and the cycle repeats.

Understandable, though if this is the case, I'd almost suggest finding others to work those crossings so this kind of thing doesn't happen. Of course, there's always that one greedy ************ who will sell out his comrades in arms and the cycle repeats.

I'm pretty sure that most of these guards aren't going to volunteer to give up their jobs in the name of patriotic altruism.

There are walls... a new shiny wall won't catch people. People catch people.. Invest in people.

Seems a 15 to 30 for wall with a 5 foot metal overhang to prevent climbing on each side would create a funnel to a legal point of entry. Why do people put fences up around their backyards?

Seems a 15 to 30 for wall with a 5 foot metal overhang to prevent climbing on each side would create a funnel to a legal point of entry. Why do people put fences up around their backyards?

It'll just make people more reliant on coyotes and cartels to get across. You can still go around, over, under, and thru a 15' to 30' wall. You just gotta plan for it.

Reactions: MercyPercy

To keep their dogs and kids from going to the road.

To keep their dogs and kids from going to the road.

I do it because I got tired of the crowd of women ogling my bod when I was mowing the yard without a shirt.

I'm more than a piece of meat. I have feelings too.

It'll just make people more reliant on coyotes and cartels to get across. You can still go around, over, under, and thru a 15' to 30' wall. You just gotta plan for it.

Around means entry point, over with the 5' over hang to prevent climbing not likely, steel I doubt they go through but yes under is a concern. I know they tunnel. Look at how many tunnels have been found so far.
Can still focus on coyotes and cartel. That's a problem that's not going to be reduced until we stop some of the unopposed inflow with a barrier.

Around means entry point, over with the 5' over hang to prevent climbing not likely, steel I doubt they go through but yes under is a concern. I know they tunnel. Look at how many tunnels have been found so far.
Can still focus on coyotes and cartel. That's a problem that's not going to be reduced until we stop some of the unopposed inflow with a barrier.

5' overhang is only stopping people who don't have a ladder

True, the build I saw going up has uneven tiles would make a ladder difficult to use. I know they are ingenious about how they get across. But I think a 30' barrier wall will help.

It'll definitely prove to be some level of deterrent but good government isn't just throwing $ at a problem. What's the cost and what's the benefit? Most illegals are peolle that overstay visas, so this is an expensive solution that only addresses a part of a part of the problem.

It'll definitely prove to be some level of deterrent but good government isn't just throwing $ at a problem. What's the cost and what's the benefit? Most illegals are peolle that overstay visas, so this is an expensive solution that only addresses a part of a part of the problem.

I find this strange, DHS has not included land tracking overstays for Canada and Mexico into its statistics for FY 2017.89170DF8-DAF7-4662-B668-2846B37DB18A.jpeg93D5EF25-0148-460A-8CF2-51113D0BC7D2.jpeg

VN Store

Back