Mid-Season Coaching Hot Seat Rankings

GoBigOrangeVols

Per Coaches Hot Seat 2018 these are the hottest 15 seats in the country as of the halfway point in the season (note that Bowling Green has already fired their coach):

1. Kansas - David Beaty
2. Rutgers - Chris Ash
3. Auburn - Gus Malzahn
4. UConn - Randy Edsall
5. North Carolina - Larry Fedora
6. San Jose St. - Brent Brennan
7. Louisville - Bobby Petrino
8. Illinois - Lovie Smith
9. Georgia Tech - Paul Johnson
10. Oklahoma St. - Mike Gundy
11. Texas State - Everett Withers
12. Tulsa - Phillip Montgomery
13. UNLV - Tony Sanchez
14. Florida State - Willie Taggart
15. USC - Clay Helton

Reactions: volfanbill
Taggart is fine. He's got another year to show that the players can adapt to his offense. 2 seasons from now, however, could be a different story.

Per Coaches Hot Seat 2018 these are the hottest 15 seats in the country as of the halfway point in the season (note that Bowling Green has already fired their coach):

1. Kansas - David Beaty
2. Rutgers - Chris Ash
3. Auburn - Gus Malzahn
4. UConn - Randy Edsall
5. North Carolina - Larry Fedora
6. San Jose St. - Brent Brennan
7. Louisville - Bobby Petrino
8. Illinois - Lovie Smith
9. Georgia Tech - Paul Johnson
10. Oklahoma St. - Mike Gundy
11. Texas State - Everett Withers
13. UNLV - Tony Sanchez
14. Florida State - Willie Taggart
15. USC - Clay Helton

Auburn’s fan base is crazy. He won the west last year. Won a national title previously. If you fire two head coaches in a row who’ve won titles, that’s a great way to never get a great head coach again.

Auburn’s fan base is crazy. He won the west last year. Won a national title previously. If you fire two head coaches in a row who’ve won titles, that’s a great way to never get a great head coach again.
He won a national title as an OC with Cam Newton. Made it to a title in his first year as HC. The coach they did fire who won a title (Chizik) also went 3-9 in what was probably the worst season in school history. He was only 15-17 in conference play, and that was with one 8-0 season.

I think Auburn people are OK to be upset with Gus, but the guy's buyout is so ridiculous. They were way too quick to up his contract because he beat Alabama and Georgia last eyar. That win over Alabama was huge and emotional, but it isn't like beating Alabama during their run is unprecedented for them. They also beat them in 2013 and 2010.

Didn't bother to click as this is same stupid stuff the sites keep on doing year after year. Gus Malzahn isn't on the hotseat, I have $32 million reasons why. Unless he can find a new home and I doubt they pay what Auburn does.... good luck.

Kind of like when all the stupid people were saying Orgeron was on the hotseat 4 games into his contract. This is why buyouts exist.

Stupid clickbait article.

1. Kansas - David Beaty----KU is about to have bigger problems coaching wise than Beaty, plus no one cares about KU football including KU
2. Rutgers - Chris Ash--- They have to at least appear to be competitive in the B1G. This one makes sense.
3. Auburn - Gus Malzahn--- If they hire him he'll have another job in 10 minutes
4. UConn - Randy Edsall-- UConn still has a football team??
5. North Carolina - Larry Fedora-- For whatever reason I don't see UNC firing Fedora, at least not yet
6. San Jose St. - Brent Brennan---- No clue
7. Louisville - Bobby Petrino--- Not with his current buyout!
8. Illinois - Lovie Smith--- Has to be coming
9. Georgia Tech - Paul Johnson--- No clue where they would go
10. Oklahoma St. - Mike Gundy--- Don't see it happening, they seem content with Gundy
11. Texas State - Everett Withers--- It's Texas State
13. UNLV - Tony Sanchez
14. Florida State - Willie Taggart-- They have to give him at least 2 years!
15. USC - Clay Helton--- What do you expect? They have a 12 yr old playing QB

This guy put Will Muschamp as #1 on the hot seat list the day South Carolina hired him and kept him there for a long ass time, even after it was clear Muschamp was doing decently in Columbia.

I legitimately think the guy who runs that website has some mental issues. It reminds me of a bizarre conspiracy theory website from the 90s with its awful heavy text-based formatting and paranoid rants.

Reactions: 508mikey
1. Kansas - David Beaty----KU is about to have bigger problems coaching wise than Beaty, plus no one cares about KU football including KU
2. Rutgers - Chris Ash--- They have to at least appear to be competitive in the B1G. This one makes sense.
3. Auburn - Gus Malzahn--- If they hire him he'll have another job in 10 minutes
5. North Carolina - Larry Fedora-- For whatever reason I don't see UNC firing Fedora, at least not yet
10. Oklahoma St. - Mike Gundy--- Don't see it happening, they seem content with Gundy
13. UNLV - Tony Sanchez

It feels like Larry Fedora has been on the Hot Seat Forever.

Didn't bother to click as this is same stupid stuff the sites keep on doing year after year. Gus Malzahn isn't on the hotseat, I have $32 million reasons why. Unless he can find a new home and I doubt they pay what Auburn does.... good luck.

Kind of like when all the stupid people were saying Orgeron was on the hotseat 4 games into his contract. This is why buyouts exist.

Stupid clickbait article.
I actually think he is now. The fans have been on him for years. They were on him last year until he beat UGA and Bama. However, he always had a contingent of boosters that supported him. I’ve heard that is no longer the case. And the money isn’t an issue. The boosters would come up with the lump sum portion of the buyout, which is think is somewhere around half, and the school would spread the rest out. My question is who would they get though? Make a run at Fisher or Franklin? Dabo isn’t leaving for Auburn. He would only leave for Bama. I don’t see Pederson leaving Washington. I don’t see Herman leaving TX. I don’t think they would turn it over to Kiffin but I could be wrong. I think Heupel will end up a good coach but he’s like hiring a coordinator at this point. Why pay $32M to do that? They won’t pay if they don’t have someone they feel is a sure fire get. If they have someone I think he’s gone regardless of money.

It feels like Larry Fedora has been on the Hot Seat Forever.

I'm surprised Fedora isn't higher actually. He had one really good season and its been tough sledding ever since. You can lose to Clemson and some of the powers, but you can't repeatedly lose to NC State and Duke. Just like Butch with Vandy and UK.

13. UNLV - Tony Sanchez
Probably common knowledge but when Weiss took the job at Kansas our own Phil Fulmer interviewed for the job as well.

VN Store

Back