Manti Te'o's Dead girlfriend never existed?

I just read this on a ND message board.

There is a long and rich history of pranks committed by USC fans against their football opponents, although usually the pranks are between USC and UCLA during the week before their annual game. This prankster culture is very much a part of the USC (and UCLA) football tradition. Maybe this time USC fans channeled their prankster cravings towards Notre Dame and especially towards Manti Te'o, the top USC recruit who was snatched away from USC on signing day by the Irish.

If you Google "USC football prank" you can read countless stories of dramatic USC football pranks over the years, which go back at least as far back as 1941, when USC students stole the UCLA "Victory Bell" right out of the rooting section, loaded it onto a truck, and hid it for over a year. More recently, in 2008, USC coach Pete Carroll was one of the perpetrators of a prank played on his own players during practice. Actor Will Ferrell and a stuntman were also conspirators in on the prank, in which USC football players watched the stuntman fall from a tower adjacent to the field, apparently seriously injuring or killing himself. In reality, the stuntman landed safely behind a fence, out of view of the horrified USC players who watched him fall. After allowing the USC players to suffer for a while, Will Ferrell eventually emerges from behind the fence, dressed in a superhero costume and carrying the stuntman, as if he had heroically caught him and saved his life:

Captain Compete (Will Ferrell) Saves USC Football - YouTube

So the USC football tradition includes pranks which fake the deaths of people, in order to cause temporary emotional anguish to the prank's victims. As with most prankster competitions, as the years go by, the severity of the harm caused by the pranks back and forth tends to increase, to the point where immature and probably intoxicated fans exercise extremely poor judgment by taking a prank too far. For USC fans, the target is usually UCLA, but Notre Dame is USC's other big rival.

I don't think it is far-fetched at all to believe that the Manti Te'o hoax was cultivated in this deeply ingrained culture of cruel pranks by USC fans and former players.

So Pete Carroll devised this plan (referencing the Will Ferrell thing, not Te'o), not out of good natured humor, but to put his team under emotional distress... This has to be one of the stupidest thing's I've ever read on the internet, which of course is chock full of stupid things. I know that sometimes we, as CFB fans can get a bit over the top and pretty far from reality, but this takes the cake.

I guess then its also quite possible that USC is to blame for the kid falling out of the Practice Tower.

Reactions: 1 person
Wow. Someone actually uncovered a transcript of a chat between Te'o and "Kekua".

HFTE EXCLUSIVE: Chat transcript between Manti Te’o and Lennay Kekua » Heading for the Exits

Guess he was duped after all...

User Manti has entered the customer service chat line

Lenny: Good afternoon! How may I help you today, sir?

Manti: piza

Lenny: I’m not sure I understand. Could you provide some more details?

Manti: i want a pizza

Lenny: Sir, I’m afraid you are in the wrong place.

Manti: pizza with peperonii and cheese meat to south bend

Lenny: Sir, you cannot order a pizza online here.

Manti: piza pepperonni south bend please

Lenny: Sir, this is the HP online customer support chat line.

Manti: pizzahut HP

Lenny: Hewlett Packard. This is the Hewlett Packard helpdesk.

Manti: r u prettay lennay

Lenny: My name is Lenny. I am male.

Manti: what u wear lennay

Lenny: A polo shirt.

Manti: i lov u lennay

Lenny: Sir, can I ask you to please disconnect from this chat room. I cannot move on to help the next customer until you disconnect.

Manti: lennay u r prettay i lluv u

Lenny: I love you too. But I have cancer.

Manti: o no

Lenny: Oh God! A car is coming right at me! Slow down!!

Manti: stop car

Lenny: The car hit me and I died of cancer.

Manti: no

Lenny: I’m dead now. I have died.

Manti: no lennay

Lenny: I am dead. Goodbye forever.

Manti: no

Manti: pizza with cheese meat peperronii to south bend

Solid. Gold.

I'm 100% confident he wasn't the completely innocent victim of a 3 yr hoax with people putting in 20 hour days and sleepless nights to keep going. For 3 years. If that were to be the case, however, i could care less. He's then the dumbest human ever who didn't go see his leukemia ridden love of his life, after she had a car accident.

Yep.

Two options:

1) He is incredibly dumb and an utter embarrassment to Notre Dame/his family/friends/team mates. There are people out there that are even more pathetic out there to put in the amount of time they would have to put in to get him to fall for this. Even with Catfish, there is a limit with what imposers are willing to do. I don't understand what human has the time and would be willing to put for such monumental effort for what?

2) He is in on it; thus, a liar. How much he is in on it could range and vary widely.

Are teammates really claiming to know she isn't real?

Lot of crazy stuff out there. Dan Patrick reported from the SI reporter that Te'o spoke to the team about his girlfriends death and it was basically a historic speech of epic porportions

Lot of crazy stuff out there. Dan Patrick reported from the SI reporter that Te'o spoke to the team about his girlfriends death and it was basically a historic speech of epic porportions

"I come to bury Te'O, not to praise him."

SEC REAL FOOTBALL REAL GIRLFRIENDS

o58qe.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
I wish the idiot AD from No Dame had shed as many tears over the deaths on his field when the tower collapsed. Did he even call a pressor??
No Dame is famous for having the money and contacts to get there arms around the issue(several sex scandals this year) and squash it.
Will be interesting to see how this one turns out.
Biggest losers are the jock sniffin media that went bonkers over this feel good story, all tied in nicely with the return to power of the Golden Doooomers.
Kinda brings a tear to yur eye......... :cray:

VN Store

Back