Malaysia Boeing 777

Oh this won't end well.

Prayers to the families of those involved,

Most reports I've seen say it was a Buk SAM system.

Saw that in the other thread. If it was at altitude, you can count out any MANPADS system so it has to be one of the larger ones like the Gainful.

I'm going to wait and see on this one. But I can flat guarantee you there will be a lot, and I mean a LOT of finger pointing going on.

Saw that in the other thread. If it was at altitude, you can count out any MANPADS system so it has to be one of the larger ones like the Gainful.

I'm going to wait and see on this one. But I can flat guarantee you there will be a lot, and I mean a LOT of finger pointing going on.

Kiev says it was at 33,000ft.

Reported it was at 33,000 feet. What type of missile could go that far?

And the finger pointing has begun:

Malaysian Plane 'Shot Down With 295 On Board'

Aviation expert Major Charles Hayman told Sky News: "It's highly likely this aircraft was flying along a fault line between Russian and Ukrainian defences.

"It’s possible the Ukrainians flapped a bit, thought it was hostile and shot it down.

"Perhaps it was confusion at the Ukrainian air defence centre.

"It looks like someone failed to recognise this was a civilian plane and shot it down."

There are several, many now loose out on the black market.

Sophisticated system to shoot down an airliner at 30,000+ feet?

Not many have the technical knowledge to make it work. Those systems are far more complicated than what you find on the black market.

Sophisticated system to shoot down an airliner at 30,000+ feet?

Not many have the technical knowledge to make it work. Those systems are far more complicated than what you find on the black market.

I'm including state sponsored terrorists/rebels ext in the black market.

No doubt it was a sophisticated guided system, I wouldn't believe it could be a lucky shot from an unguided weapon.

News from The Associated Press

The Donetsk region government said Thursday's plane crashed near a village called Grabovo, which it said is currently under the control of armed pro-Russian separatists. The region where theflight was lost has seen severe fighting between Ukrainian forces and pro-Russia separatist rebels in recent days.

A launcher similar to the Buk missile system was seen by Associated Press journalists near the eastern Ukrainian town of Snizhne earlier Thursday.

Also media reports saying that pro-Russian forces shot down a transport plane around the same time the 777 went down occurred.

@steven_pifer 6m

Separatist leader Strelkov claimed on VK at 17:50 local they shot down #Ukraine AN-26 near Torez. Did they hit Malaysian Air 777 instead?

@McFaul: Russian GRU officer Strelkov admitting that he ordered the missile strike against the Malaysian jet.

Per the BBC Putin and obama are on the phone.

If this goes bad we could end up in WW3

VN Store

Back