Madden 19

Just feels very ps3ish to me. And I wish they would add in some rock or country music, even if it's classic 90s. Get tired of them shoving this crap rap down my throat lol
You can turn the soundtrack off and use Spotify and play whatever you want. "Ps3ish" lol

This feel outdated to anyone? Graphics, sound, mechanics all feel like a step backwards

I have it on PS4 and so far I'm not really enjoying it. The controls are pretty bad to me. I don't feel like I'm controlling that well. I don't feel like I can ever get any kind of good run or anything going, and my player doesn't feel very responsive. I've played about 3 games and it still feels very clunky.

Went over to a friend's house and ended up playing a little bit. Noticed the tackling still looked really, really awkward. Shame Madden has no competition because I believe they'd clean stuff like this up if they did. Found a video of a guy breaking down the tackling

Reactions: VolForLife83
I adjusted the settings on my tv and it looks better. Everything was too dark for some reason. Players cards in game is still too dark. I've heard the run game was supposed to be hard, but I'm having the best rushing game I've ever had. Passing is easy too, but I'm playing MUT. Been grinding on the the campaign solos. About to win the SB. I'm not sure if the mechanics are just bad, or if the player ratings are ther cause. You have to factor in agility, but again I'm not sure if that's it. Defense does feel really bad. I've yet to be able to hit stick and I miss all kinds of tackles because that's how I tackle. Again, this could be due to lower ratings, Im not sure. I'm just rated a 79. And have only played MUT. I like that you can upgrade players, but they have way too many NAT players and coin is a major grind. I spent too much on coin last year. Not spending any real money this year. Even only picked up the standard version a week later. I'm sure mechanics will get better. Seems it was bad early last year too. Really blocky. May be part of a scheme to spend money on coin for better players. Seems to be the only focus anymore, aside from the story mode

I really like the MUT this year. It feels like they don't punish no money spenders as much this year. Just from playing solos somewhat casually I have an 80ovr team and about 150k coins.

I really like the MUT this year. It feels like they don't punish no money spenders as much this year. Just from playing solos somewhat casually I have an 80ovr team and about 150k coins.

Lol. What solos are you "casually playing" to get 150k coins?

Fosho.....first year I have ever wanted to play MUT over franchise

Lol. What solos are you "casually playing" to get 150k coins?
Just starting doing them all, starting with the campaign one, then moving to the training camp and the other one in that block. You will rack up coin pretty quickly and while you will be awarded with a few NAT players, you will also get some non NAT pulls from those packs. I know I got 2 Demarcus Lawrence Elite cards from packs within the campaign solos and I flipped one of those cards in the auction house for 40k coins. I would also frequent the website MUT Head and watch the market.

Defense does feel really bad. I've yet to be able to hit stick and I miss all kinds of tackles because that's how I tackle. Again, this could be due to lower ratings, Im not sure.
They changed the hit stick a little to make it more realistic. If the only tackle mechanism you are trying to use is hit stick, then that's the problem. FTR I have been laying out the CPU during solos and getting a fumble every single time I hit stick in the right situation. I am getting those fumbles because most of these solos are played on a lower level.

The campaign players are all NAT. You do get 2 elite campaign players from it, though. One offense and one defense. It's a long grind, but worth it for the coin and slightly better player upgrades if your just starting out, especially with standard edition. Most folks get coin and go buy the most expensive skill player they can. Don't do that. Build each position up over time

Volume warning. Also, stick around until the end.

I was playing against cpu and the return guy scooped the ball up at the 3 and stood there for a good 4 seconds. Didn't attempt to return it. Also I've noticed every fumble I recover, I fall down no matter what. Last year, they blew the play dead

I was playing against cpu and the return guy scooped the ball up at the 3 and stood there for a good 4 seconds. Didn't attempt to return it. Also I've noticed every fumble I recover, I fall down no matter what. Last year, they blew the play dead

I had a fumble where one of my players knocked the ball out, and it went right to another of my players about 3 yards away and in the air. My player caught it and was by himself and he fell down and was blown dead. It acted like he was hit by the guy who fumbled but he wasn't even close to him. It made me mad too because I had a likely easy TD.

I had a fumble where one of my players knocked the ball out, and it went right to another of my players about 3 yards away and in the air. My player caught it and was by himself and he fell down and was blown dead. It acted like he was hit by the guy who fumbled but he wasn't even close to him. It made me mad too because I had a likely easy TD.
Yeah it's screwed up for sure. Still getting roughing the passer on sacks too. Come on EA

Only fools would pour their hard earned money in virtual cards that can't even be carried over to the following game.

Only fools would pour their hard earned money in virtual cards that can't even be carried over to the following game.
There comes a point where you feel like you have to, to compete. Others do it and the talent gap grows so large, that your almost forced to. Then again there's others who can do more with less and some can't win with a God squad. I'm not going to spend money this year. Or try not to lol

So, we discussed the mechanics earlier. Are they this bad, or am I just used to my 99 overall team on 18? I can't figure out if it's lower ratings making players feel..... Horrible. They almost feel like they are moving underwater, you know? No fluidity, no control. I'm at an 83 now and feel like I should be feeling the gains, but it's still pretty bad and I can't play defense on 19 for chit. What's yalls thoughts on this game? I'm a well above average player

VN Store

Back