LV 2019 Recruiting Thread

She needs to get on the floor to block some shots. Hopefully, she has improved over the summer to provide some productive minutes.

Wow, thanks for sharing. Talk about a shocker. I hope she improves a bit and gets some playing time. Feel a little bad that she hasn’t gotten much PT. But of course it also falls on her and whether or not she’s game ready.

With Lou out maybe Harris can be good for a few mins a game?
Kamera Harris does have a special skill. She holds the U. S. High School record for the most blocked shots in a season. She broke the previous record set by Brittany Griner. I would use her to selectively disrupt the other team’s game flow, especially opponents that lack height.

Kamera Harris does have a special skill. She holds the U. S. High School record for the most blocked shots in a season. She broke the previous record set by Brittany Griner. I would use her to selectively disrupt the other team’s game flow, especially opponents that lack height.

Its time for special "something"!

The boneyard showed a pic of Rogers in the gray uniform with maybe her father?

The talk in the boneyard forum is why would the post Davenport commit to Rutgers. If they could real in Jackson, that would be really special for Rutgers.

Reactions: mlindsay
Signing is not that far away November 14. So I would expect all of Rogers, Cooke, and Jackson to make their decision by then. I don't believe any of them want to wait until Spring so expect a lot to happen in the next three weeks.

Will be interesting to see if Louisville gets any of the remaining targets. They will have a lot of seniors in 19-20.

Will be interesting to see if Louisville gets any of the remaining targets. They will have a lot of seniors in 19-20.

#8 Aijha Blackwell 6’ Wing picks Missouri! Good thing Cunningham will be gone by then.

The remaining top recruits
Jones, Boston,Cooke,Jackson,Amihere,Beal

Which school get them? Just a guess

Louisville - 1, Ohio state - 1, South Carolina - 2 , uconn -2

The boneyard showed a pic of Rogers in the gray uniform with maybe her father?

The talk in the boneyard forum is why would the post Davenport commit to Rutgers. If they could real in Jackson, that would be really special for Rutgers.

Here is the pic of Rogers... That grey uniform pulled Horston hope it pulls Rogers and the Orange one pulls Jackson just like it worked on Key 😁

PS. I don’t know if it’s a big deal but she has a retweet of a young lady committing to UT for soccer. May just know her or may be a sign?!?

Attachments

• FE94401A-04A9-4AD0-A545-9BBEBE58B55C.png
    FE94401A-04A9-4AD0-A545-9BBEBE58B55C.png
    760.9 KB · Views: 34
The remaining top recruits
Jones, Boston,Cooke,Jackson,Amihere,Beal

Which school get them? Just a guess

Louisville - 1, Ohio state - 1, South Carolina - 2 , uconn -2

What team do you see each player joining?

Last edited:
Uconn - Jones and Boston
Louisville - Amihere
Ohio State - Cooke
South Carolina - Jackson and Beal

Of course I am just bored and guessing

Reactions: Will83
Uconn - Jones and Boston
Louisville - Amihere
Ohio State - Cooke

UK Dorie Harrison out indefinitely for health reasons. Last season WNBA her sister was out too for health reasons. I hope they're ok.

I find it hard to believe that SC will get 2 and ND gets none .
Of those 6 remaining, ND is a finalist for Haley and Boston and SC is a finalist for all 6, unless the list has been further trimmed. I think Haley may go to Stanford and Boston to ND, but have a feeling Geno may get both. Jackson and Cooke have a tough decision.

I would be happy if we got Rogers and look for a quality backup for Davis in the next class.

Of those 6 remaining, ND is a finalist for Haley and Boston and SC is a finalist for all 6, unless the list has been further trimmed. I think Haley may go to Stanford and Boston to ND, but have a feeling Geno may get both. Jackson and Cooke have a tough decision.

I would be happy if we got Rogers and look for a quality backup for Davis in the next class.

South Carolina has ZERO verbals but figures mightily in the rest of the top recruits! Boston is scheduled to visit 10/26 this weekend. This alone is not that big of an issue. However, Jones and Boston scheduled to visit UConn on 11/2. After this visit the dominos may start to fall ? But Jones (#1 Wing) still has visits available and does list S.C. as one of her interest! Will she comit to Norte Dame, or Uconn, or stay close to home and go to Stanford??? Or will she schedule a visit to South Carolina? Here is where the decisions will be made... JMO

Our interest of course is Jackson and Cooke . If Jones goes to South Carolina? Jackson will not go there as a #9 recruit (Wing) and be behind the #1 (Wing) Jones! JMO
If Jones commits to ND or UConn or Stanford.... then Jackson and Cooke might go there? But 2 highly rated point guards ahead of Cooke! Just saying!
All of this speculation makes me glad we got our bigs and a pretty good guard coming ! Not bad considering the highly rated classes the last two years! With Angel Reese 2020 (Top 10) Wing (unofficial visit), and Sydney Parrish (Top 10 Guard) on her Third unofficial visit.... and don’t forget the Hamilton Heights players ( Hunt and Kamellia ) and a deep 2020 class!!!! I like the way things are going. But if Jackson and Cooke want to help us win a National Championship! COME ON DOWN...🙏

South Carolina has ZERO verbals but figures mightily in the rest of the top recruits! Boston is scheduled to visit 10/26 this weekend. This alone is not that big of an issue. However, Jones and Boston scheduled to visit UConn on 11/2. After this visit the dominos may start to fall ? But Jones (#1 Wing) still has visits available and does list S.C. as one of her interest! Will she comit to Norte Dame, or Uconn, or stay close to home and go to Stanford??? Or will she schedule a visit to South Carolina? Here is where the decisions will be made... JMO

Our interest of course is Jackson and Cooke . If Jones goes to South Carolina? Jackson will not go there as a #9 recruit (Wing) and be behind the #1 (Wing) Jones! JMO
If Jones commits to ND or UConn or Stanford.... then Jackson and Cooke might go there? But 2 highly rated point guards ahead of Cooke! Just saying!
All of this speculation makes me glad we got our bigs and a pretty good guard coming ! Not bad considering the highly rated classes the last two years! With Angel Reese 2020 (Top 10) Wing (unofficial visit), and Sydney Parrish (Top 10 Guard) on her Third unofficial visit.... and don’t forget the Hamilton Heights players ( Hunt and Kamellia ) and a deep 2020 class!!!! I like the way things are going. But if Jackson and Cooke want to help us win a National Championship! COME ON DOWN...🙏

Everybody is saying that Rae Burrell is playing with a chip on her shoulder! If she can contribute 10-12 min a game and give Rennia some min off at the 3 that would alleviate if we missed out on Jackson. While Rennia is 3/4 and that is similar to Jackson if we are playing 4 out and 1 in why couldn’t Burrell go in there grab rebounds and hit the outside jumper? The mismatch may be on the defensive end but if someone wanted to you could scheme up something to counter that.

Reactions: PRG and Will83
Not being mean but I do not think KH will ever help us much. Not even sure why she was recruited but don't blame her for wanting to be a LV. JMHO
Ahh. She has size, is physical, a foul machine, huge time shot blocker, now you don't call fouls in practice like a game. She was a huge project, but most certainly an instant asset in practice. Really, you can't understand why someone like that was recruited? Ahh, college coaches do. She was allowed to mug and smack anyone in the paint in practice. Merecedes and Nared and KK have had a body to beat them up in practice, like Missouri refs would allow. She is a nice place to development, and no one should question her recruitment, development, and worthiness to be a Lady Vol. She is UT tough, she will play more this year. I will give her a standing O on senior day! She is important to our team. That says nothing for her team skills, work ethic, friendship, she has with teammates. Maybe Holly needed a positive, happy, hard working young Lady, that just might play a Rudy type role in her team.

For some reason I thought Rogers final visit was Tennessee, but a schedule I looked at on this forum list Southern Cal as her final visit this weekend. These girls have some tough decisions to make in the next few weeks.

Uconn - Jones and Boston
Louisville - Amihere
Ohio State - Cooke

I think UConn strikes out, I see it as;

ND-Jones and Boston
SC-Amerihere, Beal, Jackson (I hope I’m wrong)
Louisville-Cooke
Tennessee-Rogers (and a surprise early verbal from Reese in the 2020 class)

Reactions: xtpsrh08123

VN Store

Back