LV 2019 Recruiting Thread

Her mechanics remind me a lot of angel mccoughtry .... I hope she never loses her mechanics on defense she seems like she hounds the opposition and has a nose for the ball.

Angel did a left-handed layup with the correct leg in the air.
Left handed layups are tough tho..

Did you ever write a sentence left handed?,
while running?,,
staying within the lines?,
,,with the penmanship being graded and scored
Welcome to a left-handed layup.

Collegiate players can barely make a full speed RH layup...I give her props for even trying.
Men make them more because they practice them at full tilt. Even in the pre-game layup line, they will attack the end-drive in some way as to duplicate the speed with which it would actually happen. They complicate them while practicing them..

To get them in the right environment, I run layup races in which I divide my teams into two lines at each end of the court.
-First group to 30-50 wins the race.
-Half-speed attempts do not count.
-Player dribbles to a layup and gets their rebound and must dribble back to and pass mid-court before they can pass to the next in line.
-The next in line must wait until the ball is in hand before they can step into the court

I run another in which I do "tag" ,,, I purposely put a player who is one step slower than the player they're chasing. I start the chaser two step behind the one being chased. I then give the front player a ball and say make the layup before you get tagged...This simulates game speed because sometimes it is easy for the BH'er to stay ahead and thus an easy layup,,,,but if the chaser is breathing down on them, they have to go into that OMG gear.....Gets em used to either environment.

Reactions: Ladyvol777
If Boston does not go to Uconn that would be a huge upset. H. Jones could end up at Stanford or Uconn.

Yeah i dont think they will get both . 1 or the other most likely . Jones seems more of a UCONN lean than Boston . I think Boston lands at ND . Jones could come down to her family being close to her.

The weather and atmosphere should be great on Saturday for Endyia Roger's official visit to Knoxville. I hope we get her to commit. I think Cooke will go elsewhere.

The weather and atmosphere should be great on Saturday for Endyia Roger's official visit to Knoxville. I hope we get her to commit. I think Cooke will go elsewhere.

Correcting my own post. I thought all week we were playing Bama and Roger’s visit this weekend. Da! Shows how little I pay attention to football.

Reactions: tiburon
Remember anyone that does not pick UConn was turned down by Geno and was not being allowed to go there. We have to remember they never lose a recruit they refuse them a scholarship just look at their board everytime someone commits somewhere else.

Remember anyone that does not pick UConn was turned down by Geno and was not being allowed to go there. We have to remember they never lose a recruit they refuse them a scholarship just look at their board everytime someone commits somewhere else.

Someone tell me how to get on Uconn board? Pride is a problem, and recruits are now realizing it about Uconn.

Take off Brunelle. She shortened her list and we are not on it as of now.

Add Jordan Horston and Kennedy Brown, 6'5 post out of Derby, KS and currently playing for former LV Jody Adams. I believe she holds an offer.

Kennedy is 6'6

Reactions: mcannon1
2018 HoopGurlz Recruiting Rankings - espnW 100 - ESPN

2018 HoopGurlz ranking had Howard ranked overall 32nd, position 10th. These are just players from TN ahead of Howard: Elizabeth Balogun (15), Elizabeth Dixon (19), Jordyn Cambridge (22), and Jazmine Massengill (25)

TN produced many ranked players in 2018 class. Guess UT was focused on higher ranked players, like Williams, Green, etc...

Last edited:
There are a couple of other girls that wanted to come to the Texas game but couldnt arrange transportation. This includes Jordan Horston, 511 Guard, 2019, and Gabby Hutcherson, 62 Forward, 2020, Both are from Columbus, Ohio. Another player who tried to come was Sidney Parrish, a 60 Guard from Fishers, IN. Parrish is rated the No. 8 player in her class by PN. All three are expected to visit some time after the first of the year

Don’t be surprised if Parrish is in Knoxville before the first of the year.

I read the article and she seems like a top notch person as well. I wonder why the LVs were the last to start recruiting her? Maybe we had better vibes from someone else and did not feel the need but I would hope that a TN player would get more consideration that the last to recruit her. JMHO

You remember in "The Blindside" that CPF was not the first to recruit the player...He was simply the most important coach to show up, in the mind of the player. This is still the Tennessee Lady Vols and there are players in HS who grew up with our dominance and will work to rebuild it. They want to represent what we still are.

They wait on us, is why we can, wait on them.

VN Store

Back