LV 2019 Recruiting Thread

They are going hard after Endyia Rogers, Horston, Cooke, & Jackson. While it’s September, & things can happen, but those four are the remaining targets for 2019.
It would be nice to get at least 2 of the remaining targets...

We now need a class of four and could take five if three of the remaining targets want to come here. I think we need a point guard in this class for sure so hopefully it happens. If we can't get Horston which of course would be fabulous hopefully we have some backup options.

We now need a class of four and could take five if three of the remaining targets want to come here. I think we need a point guard in this class for sure so hopefully it happens. If we can't get Horston which of course would be fabulous hopefully we have some backup options.

Agree fully on the PG thing...In today's game you need a unique set: A speed guard, a shooter, a slasher, a power player and a low-post-scorer...Come to think of it, that sounds an awful lot like traditional set, PG, SG, SF, PF, C

They are going hard after Endyia Rogers, Horston, Cooke, & Jackson. While it’s September, & things can happen, but those four are the remaining targets for 2019.

The first thing I noticed about these ladies. They all list several schools as an interest to all four of them. Three visited us together and then all three went to South Carolina. Other schools listed by those three ladies is Ohio State and Louisville. All four list Ohio State. So I thought to look at their rosters.
Ohio State: Their roster is somewhat depleted and would probably give more opportunities to play sooner rather than later. However, they already have verbals from #5 guard Kierstan Bell and #24 pg. Rikki Harris and #46 Jacy Sheldon. Would all of these ladies want to go into this class ? Just saying
Louisville: They certainly have been doing better (record wise) than us lately. In the year of 2019 when these ladies start college. Louisville will have three senior guards plus #9 Dana Evans (Jr) , #24 Lindsey Duval (redshirt Sophomore), #11 Nyah Green (verbal) . Again , would you want to go into this hoping to play together?
Would you want to go to UT with Evina (Jr) Zay and Jaz (Sophomore). As guards in front of you ? Just wondering! 🤔

The first thing I noticed about these ladies. They all list several schools as an interest to all four of them. Three visited us together and then all three went to South Carolina. Other schools listed by those three ladies is Ohio State and Louisville. All four list Ohio State. So I thought to look at their rosters.
Ohio State: Their roster is somewhat depleted and would probably give more opportunities to play sooner rather than later. However, they already have verbals from #5 guard Kierstan Bell and #24 pg. Rikki Harris and #46 Jacy Sheldon. Would all of these ladies want to go into this class ? Just saying
Louisville: They certainly have been doing better (record wise) than us lately. In the year of 2019 when these ladies start college. Louisville will have three senior guards plus #9 Dana Evans (Jr) , #24 Lindsey Duval (redshirt Sophomore), #11 Nyah Green (verbal) . Again , would you want to go into this hoping to play together?
Would you want to go to UT with Evina (Jr) Zay and Jaz (Sophomore). As guards in front of you ? Just wondering! 🤔
PS I think UConn could play a significant role if they take one or more of these ladies! JMO

PS I think UConn could play a significant role if they take one or more of these ladies! JMO

Only one that I know of is Horston. Jackson isn’t looking at them and Cooke also Louisville and Ohio State on her list it could be her 5th school though .

Yes,
but
Only if I wanted to be better than they are!

The way I see it is this,,"If you're dodging the best players you ain't beating out best.

I don't want that lack of competitive drive in anyone I coach.
If they're scared of the competition for a spot, I don't want them.

Reactions: cutiepie5
Only one that I know of is Horston. Jackson isn’t looking at them and Cooke also Louisville and Ohio State on her list it could be her 5th school though .

The correlation was all four recruits we are interested in. Cooke, Horston, Jackson, Rogers, all list Ohio and Louisville as an interest in going to college at those two schools. The Ohio girls and Jackson all visited UT and USC together. And all list the local schools (Ohio & Louisville) as interest. Plus the Ohio girls have been mentioned as wanting to play together. My thoughts are if not us.... what does OS. And Louisville have that we are recruiting against. Just wondering? The Boneyard thinks there are interest in both Cooke and Horston.

Yes,
but
Only if I wanted to be better than they are!

The way I see it is this,,"If you're dodging the best players you ain't beating out best.

I don't want that lack of competitive drive in anyone I coach.
If they're scared of the competition for a spot, I don't want them.

Good coach speak. However, These are top ten players and I don’t think they would shy away from competition. But surely you are not trying to convince me that recruits don’t consider playing time or if a team has a chance of winning! If these recruits (Horston & Cooke) want to play with each other. Who and how many guards are on the team and how many years of playing time they have! JMO
If playing time isn’t an issue and not winning a championship. They might as well go to Vandy or Duke. Just saying

Good coach speak. However, These are top ten players and I don’t think they would shy away from competition. But surely you are not trying to convince me that recruits don’t consider playing time or if a team has a chance of winning! If these recruits (Horston & Cooke) want to play with each other. Who and how many guards are on the team and how many years of playing time they have! JMO
If playing time isn’t an issue and not winning a championship. They might as well go to Vandy or Duke. Just saying

By the time they are a senior in HS most kids have chosen a favorite program among the colleges.
PT and Natty potential are of course factors and that is why they are still lining up to play here, but they chose a favorite a long time ago. And UT was it. And they haven't given up on this university and it's program.

But if conditions factor into obtaining them,
then,
what if conditions change?
If the condition CAN'T be met, someone has to adjust.
That is why I would rather other coaches take on conditional athletes.

Does anyone have any information on Endyia Rogers recruitment? Not a lot of information about her recruitment.

Does anyone have any information on Endyia Rogers recruitment? Not a lot of information about her recruitment.

Her schools of interest: UT , Mississippi State , Ohio State , USC , Texas. No visits that I have heard of ???

Reactions: Sandlot

MTSU : How do you feel about their visit to South Carolina? What do you think our chances are verses South Carolina? Will they stay closer to home ? Or come South ? By losing Hayes do we have a better chance ? 🤔

MTSU : How do you feel about their visit to South Carolina? What do you think our chances are verses South Carolina? Will they stay closer to home ? Or come South ? By losing Hayes do we have a better chance ? 🤔

Honestly, I think it all comes down to Ohio State. Bell going there does throw some kinks into it, but OSU has scholarships and playing time available from day one.

I don't see any of them going to South Carolina. I think we have a better chance of Jackson than Horston or Cooke, but Hayes leaving does open up playing time. I think both Horston & Cooke do end up at OSU, and it will depend on if Jackson wants to follow them.

Honestly, I think it all comes down to Ohio State. Bell going there does throw some kinks into it, but OSU has scholarships and playing time available from day one.

I don't see any of them going to South Carolina. I think we have a better chance of Jackson than Horston or Cooke, but Hayes leaving does open up playing time. I think both Horston & Cooke do end up at OSU, and it will depend on if Jackson wants to follow them.

And with Rodgers do we have a legit shot ? Is she a guard that can make an impact ?

Thanks for the honest answer. I did not think Ohio State had that strong of an interest. I know the two girls are in state. And they brought in about 5 or 6 Graduate transfers just to have a team this year! I guess if anyone of their fathers wants to help coach .... they would have a job for four years 😁 Do they believe they could start to build for a Natty? I don’t think so! UT would be a better shot. JMO. I did say Uconn could make a difference if they will take both ???
If you are correct about Jackson? Another 6’2” wing to go with Davis!!!!! I’m ok with that also. Rogers would be ok but 2020 is not that far off and Treasure (not a point guard ) would be another good guard. And I think there are guards we are after. Just Saying

Nice Post! Come on Jackson!

I think we do have a shot with Rogers, and yes, she would be a great recruit to get. If we got Jackson and Rogers, to go along with Key and Saunders, I would be very happy.
I really like Rogers. And as a Texas fan she reminds me of a bigger/taller Brooke McCarty. I think it will probably come down to Tennessee and Texas which would be interesting because their styles of play are very similar and she would fit both well. Although with the dismissal of Hayes Tennessee has more roster space than Texas does.

If we do not sign any of the remaining 4 recruits, will Tennessee wait until 2020 for guards or go after a lower ranked guard in 2019 or possibly a grad transfer or Jr. college graduate?

Just looked at ESPN early top 25 for 2020 and 9 of the top 25 are point guards.

Are Massengill and Westbrook the only 2 that have the ball handling skills and other necessary skills to play point?

I think Rae Burrell may get some playing time at her position.

I think Horston is going to UConn.

Cooke and Jackson will go to school together, IMO.

No idea where Endyia is leaning, but Texas did offer her later than her other finalists. As far as I know, she has not visited Texas unofficially nor attended any of our summer camps; so, that is very unusual for an in-state recruit. Since she does have four out-of-state schools among her finalists, it would seem she is most likely headed out of state.

Reactions: olddog and Sandlot
I think Horston is going to UConn.

Cooke and Jackson will go to school together, IMO.

No idea where Endyia is leaning, but Texas did offer her later than her other finalists. As far as I know, she has not visited Texas unofficially nor attended any of our summer camps; so, that is very unusual for an in-state recruit. Since she does have four out-of-state schools among her finalists, it would seem she is most likely headed out of state.

I have heard of Horston and Cooke (both from Ohio) wanting to play together from multiple sources. But I have not heard of Jackson ( from Detroit Michigan) wanting to be in the mix ? However, they did visit together at UT and South Carolina!

The Boneyard does mention Horston and Cooke as possible recruits! We shall see?

I have heard of Horston and Cooke (both from Ohio) wanting to play together from multiple sources. But I have not heard of Jackson ( from Detroit Michigan) wanting to be in the mix ? However, they did visit together at UT and South Carolina!

The Boneyard does mention Horston and Cooke as possible recruits! We shall see?

Cooke is not going to UConn. Horston could, but I really to believe they will play together. If I am wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.

If we do not sign any of the remaining 4 recruits, will Tennessee wait until 2020 for guards or go after a lower ranked guard in 2019 or possibly a grad transfer or Jr. college graduate?

Just looked at ESPN early top 25 for 2020 and 9 of the top 25 are point guards.

Are Massengill and Westbrook the only 2 that have the ball handling skills and other necessary skills to play point?

I think Rae Burrell may get some playing time at her position.

Meme can play point in a pinch, but it's not her natural position. Massengill is a pure PG. Westbrook is more of a PG/SG combo, like Meme, but is a better ball handler and passer.

I really like Rogers. And as a Texas fan she reminds me of a bigger/taller Brooke McCarty. I think it will probably come down to Tennessee and Texas which would be interesting because their styles of play are very similar and she would fit both well. Although with the dismissal of Hayes Tennessee has more roster space than Texas does.

I also think it comes down to Texas and Tennessee.

VN Store

Back