LSU vs. Auburn

Malzahn is good.
Meh. He’s a supposed offensive genius but had to give up control of his offense because they couldn’t score. He can’t develop a QB out of high school, his teams settle for field goals way too much in the red zone, and his offense doesn’t really work without a mobile QB. Half of his extension money should go to Daniel Carlson for saving him so many times.

Last edited:
Meh. He’s a supposed offensive genius but had to give up control of his offense because they couldn’t score. He can’t develop a QB out of high school, his teams settle for field goals way too much in the red zone, and his offense doesn’t really work without a mobile QB. Half of his extension money should go to Daniel Carlson for saving him so many times.

He beat so many great teams and it's still his offense

He beat so many great teams and it's still his offense
He has but he’s also lost plenty of games he had no business losing. His offense is awful when he doesn’t have a transfer QB. He’s solid but he’s not worth the contract they gave him and there are plenty of coaches that can replicate what Gus has done imo.

He has but he’s also lost plenty of games he had no business losing. His offense is awful when he doesn’t have a transfer QB. He’s solid but he’s not worth the contract they gave him and there are plenty of coaches that can replicate what Gus has done imo.

Regardless of how he gets his QB's, this is the best run Auburn has had in my life. A title, two title appearances, and competing for the SEC title nearly every year despite his in-state conference rival having the greatest run in CFB history.

Regardless of how he gets his QB's, this is the best run Auburn has had in my life. A title, two title appearances, and competing for the SEC title nearly every year despite his in-state conference rival having the greatest run in CFB history.

Tuberville had just as good of a run. They’ve had a really good run if you exclude 2011, 2012(Malzahn was at Ark St), 2014, 2015, and 2016. They will probably be an 8 win team this year which isn’t what you want from a coach you just gave a 7 year contract worth $49 million

Tuberville had just as good of a run. They’ve had a really good run if you exclude 2011, 2012(Malzahn was at Ark St), 2014, 2015, and 2016. They will probably be an 8 win team this year which isn’t what you want from a coach you just gave a 7 year contract worth $49 million

In terms of total record, Tuberville had a better run, but he played in the Sugar Bowl once and the Cotton Bowl once over 10 years, and the SEC West was nowhere near the absolute ****ing buzzsaw that it is today.

Malzahn took them to the Sugar Bowl and the BCSCG, and should have won (people forget about the long wide open TD pass that was dropped, that would have likely put the game away), and I'm counting the title as his and Cam's, 'cause Chizik is a dipshit.

In terms of total record, Tuberville had a better run, but he played in the Sugar Bowl once and the Cotton Bowl once over 10 years, and the SEC West was nowhere near the absolute ****ing buzzsaw that it is today.

Malzahn took them to the Sugar Bowl and the BCSCG, and should have won (people forget about the long wide open TD pass that was dropped, that would have likely put the game away), and I'm counting the title as his and Cam's, 'cause Chizik is a dipshit.
2013 was an incredible season for Auburn and Malzahn and i’ll give credit there but Auburn making it to the Sugar Bowl in 2016 wasn’t that big of an accomplishment. The Sugar Bowl doesn’t mean as much as it did 10 years ago

That's what happens when you beat the #1 team two weeks in a row. I'd love to know what that feels like.
in the end those two wins didn’t mean much when they both end up playing for the National title and Auburn gets beat by UCF. Very bittersweet ending to their season. I live amongst Auburn fans and they were ready for Gus to skip town

in the end those two wins didn’t mean much when they both end up playing for the National title and Auburn gets beat by UCF. Very bittersweet ending to their season. I live amongst Auburn fans and they were ready for Gus to skip town
That's what college football has become. I can remember when beating your rivals always meant something, even if the season as a whole didn't go the way you wanted it to

Or Kevin Steele/his defense. Auburn's defense has quietly been really good for the last few years now. They don't beat Washington in the season opener without it. Auburn historically has been an inconsistent, volatile program. Gus is just continuing that tradition. The highs are really high and the lows are really low, especially over the last decade or so.

@n_huffhines That is a great point about the run Auburn is having simultaneously with Saban. How easy would it be for them to be completely anonymous, almost Tennessee-like with Saban there?

Or Kevin Steele/his defense. Auburn's defense has quietly been really good for the last few years now. They don't beat Washington in the season opener without it. Auburn historically has been an inconsistent, volatile program. Gus is just continuing that tradition. The highs are really high and the lows are really low, especially over the last decade or so.

@n_huffhines That is a great point about the run Auburn is having simultaneously with Saban. How easy would it be for them to be completely anonymous, almost Tennessee-like with Saban there?

Agreed on Steele. He turned out to be a really big hire for them. The part I find funny is the contract extension they gave him last year. Next season they will take a step back and they will paying him roughly $1 million per win

VN Store

Back