Miss State
SC
Vandy

Away games:

UF
Bama
Mizz
Ky

So yea, think of 2018 as a preseason. In all seriousness, 8-4 should be the floor next year.
Wow, one game in and we are already starting with the "wait till next season" stuff. Thats gon a be some sort of record.

So are you saying 2018 is essentially year zero?

Too much doom and gloom. I suggest taking a listen to Big orange Sunday podcast on 104.5 Nashville. Coach Mathews is a bit of a sunshine pumper, but listening to him will improve your negative disposition. A goal of 6-6 is attainable. Barring injury, our OL will get better throughout the year. Same for the frosh secondary. We have enough pieces to defeat Vandy, KY, ETSU, UTEP, Charlotte. Thus we need to win 1 toss ups games of Mizzou, Florida, USCe.

Reactions: Rockyjr
I still think right now we’re at a wait and see level. We just don’t know how good the rest of the teams on our schedule are (outside of bama, Georgia and Auburn). We’ll improve but how much is the question, hoping we beat the Gators

ETSU W
UTEP W
Florida L
Georgia L
Auburn L
Alabama L
South Carolina L
Charlotte W
Kentucky W
Missouri W
Vanderbilt W

Tennessee finishes 6-6 and goes to the Liberty Bowl against 7-5 Kansas State.

I still think right now we’re at a wait and see level. We just don’t know how good the rest of the teams on our schedule are (outside of bama, Georgia and Auburn). We’ll improve but how much is the question, hoping we beat the Gators
Kentucky looked bad Saturday and that is at home. That should be winnable... and it makes sense for this team to improve offensively as the season goes along. The defense could be another story. A lot of it will depend on how much fight this team has left after October.

VN Store

Back