Leach, Gregg earn All-America Honors

That is great!!!! I said at the end of last year Leach would be our next AA and she sure is deserving. I honestly believe that Seggren has the talent to be the next new one.

Leach's recognition is much deserved! She is so often overlooked, though that probably won't be the case anymore. I agree-- Seggern can be an AA here before she graduates. Think Brooke Vines has the potential, too, if she can make a full comeback and have the senior season we need her to have. Not sure if she reinjured her shoulder, since she was medically cleared before Hawaii, but she's one of our missing pieces.

Reactions: 2 people
Leach's recognition is much deserved! She is so often overlooked, though that probably won't be the case anymore. I agree-- Seggern can be an AA here before she graduates. Think Brooke Vines has the potential, too, if she can make a full comeback and have the senior season we need her to have. Not sure if she reinjured her shoulder, since she was medically cleared before Hawaii, but she's one of our missing pieces.

Exactly right about Vines who I had forgot. If she had not give up that RS year and found her old form I think she had AA written all over her. I hope she has that kind of year coming up to do so but it may be more to her shoulder than any of us know,
Its a big deal that Leach was first team and Megan was third team, which I think may have been a little low, Also if Arnold improves all the away around she may make it as well but a pitcher needs to be a stud to get the honor! JMHO:)

So proud of those ladies , team players. Pulling for Meghan to make Team. U.S.A!:clapping:
Losing a player like MG leaves a big hole, but we may well have freshman phenom on the way in Meigs County's Ashley Rogers. She led her team to their 2ND straight state championship as she compiled a 34-2 record in the circle. Close to 400 Ks for the year with 51 in the state tournament. She can also hit for average and power at the plate. We have a very good class coming in!

So proud of those ladies , team players. Pulling for Meghan to make Team. U.S.A!:clapping:
Losing a player like MG leaves a big hole, but we may well have freshman phenom on the way in Meigs County's Ashley Rogers. She led her team to their 2ND straight state championship as she compiled a 34-2 record in the circle. Close to 400 Ks for the year with 51 in the state tournament. She can also hit for average and power at the plate. We have a very good class coming in!

I hope we can get a young Gregg like when she came in as a young Shipman. No one will replace her this next year I do not think. Hopefully Rogers will be our pitching savior that many including me thought Sprang would be. Every team in America needs to have at least 4 pitchers who can PITCH! Ralph says that Gabby will be a good one but he don't know when. That is a little scary to me. If MG does not make the US team I will be surprised but this whole season has been somewhat a surprise.JMHO:hi:

I hope we can get a young Gregg like when she came in as a young Shipman. No one will replace her this next year I do not think. Hopefully Rogers will be our pitching savior that many including me thought Sprang would be. Every team in America needs to have at least 4 pitchers who can PITCH! Ralph says that Gabby will be a good one but he don't know when. That is a little scary to me. If MG does not make the US team I will be surprised but this whole season has been somewhat a surprise.JMHO:hi:

What I like about Rogers at least stat wise is her low amount of walks which means she throws strikes. Pitchers walking batters always get in trouble. Gabby has to get it together this off season she has to help the team a little as a sophomore. We can't really depend or keep a pitcher that it takes until a junior or senior to make a contribution roster spots are to important especially pitchers.

I hear you but it is the 3rd straight state championship for her high school team. She is an awesome player and I hope she can come in and help with pitching immediately.

I hear you but it is the 3rd straight state championship for her high school team. She is an awesome player and I hope she can come in and help with pitching immediately.

Two in A this year in AA. Hope her talent translates to the collegiate level. Our staff needs a dominant pitcher.

Very good, almost un-hittable riseball in the state tournament. A great battle between her and Alyssa Arden for 3 games.

I think she is/was a better HS pitcher than Caylan Arnold. I think she will be a very good collegiate pitcher.

What I like about Rogers at least stat wise is her low amount of walks which means she throws strikes. Pitchers walking batters always get in trouble. Gabby has to get it together this off season she has to help the team a little as a sophomore. We can't really depend or keep a pitcher that it takes until a junior or senior to make a contribution roster spots are to important especially pitchers.

didn't they change her mechanics this year ? if so,no wonder she had a bad year

she has good stuff,just needs to be able to spot her pitches,a whole lot better :)

didn't they change her mechanics this year ? if so,no wonder she had a bad year

she has good stuff,just needs to be able to spot her pitches,a whole lot better :)

I was told that they did. It looks like it was a total disaster to change someone who had been pitching all her life one way and appeared to be successful to a complete failure. JMHO:mf_surrender:

Reactions: 1 person
yea you could tell something was up with her,I would be interested in seeing what the difference is between both styles

VN Store

Back