Lady Vols Recruiting Info

+/- 140 days until signing. Back in the day early September we knew as PHS would bring in recruits, cook a meal and take them on her boat. Before the emergence of social media - the good and the bad.

U mean Mulkey in reference to DeCosta? We know she is a good recruiter but I think out of her whole recruiting class DeCosta or the AZ girl are the most likely to transfer.

Sidenote: When I watch the most recent post about LV wishing their dads a HAPPY FATHERS DAY you can really see how close Westbrook is with her family :) Reminds me of Massengale and her being so home sick and then finally embracing the LV life. I hope this young lady sticks with it.

Yes I mean Mulkey and I could see DeCosta transferring also. Her going there is still surprising after Smith committed because they play the same position. DeCosta (imo) can play some 3 but really is an undersized 4 and with Cox at the 4 spot for 2 more seasons and Smith being a tad taller than her, I don't see her staying if she isn't playing. She also isn't as good of an outside shooter as the players ahead of her.

If they land Kennedy Brown it would more than likely push her further down the depth chart but we will see.

I know the term bestie is thrown around a lot however Jackson has repeatedly said she is bestfriends with Cooke. Jackson and Horston seem to be good friends as well. I don’t think that means they all end up at the same school but I like you could Horston and Cooke ending up at the same school (Ohio state) and staying home. Also there will be playing time and we know like some other coaches Ohio State has recruited over players and promised playig time and deals (ie Mitchell sisters/dad is a coach).

Ohio State verbals:
Rikki Harris pg 5’9” In #24 HG
Jacy Sheldon g 5’10” #46 HG

Louisville verbal
Nyah Green g 6’1” #11

These verbals just might have an effect on all three girls going to the same school ??? Even though both coaches will recruit over players and even run a few off if they can get a better player ! Just saying

Reactions: 1 person
Ohio State verbals:
Rikki Harris pg 5’9” In #24 HG
Jacy Sheldon g 5’10” #46 HG

Louisville verbal
Nyah Green g 6’1” #11

These verbals just might have an effect on all three girls going to the same school ??? Even though both coaches will recruit over players and even run a few off if they can get a better player ! Just saying

While that is true I’m sure they are being promised the kitchen and more! All three are consensus top 10 players and arguably the best at their positions so any play ranked lower then them wouldn’t change their mind about playing time. If that’s the case why are they considering Tennessee and SC? UT seems pretty good at the guard spot for this recruiting cycle but maybe holly has decided to have a guard oriented offense and load up on elite guards. I think Dawn has probably decided to do the same, especially with the amount of guards we will have this coming season. We will lose a few players to graduation but adding Horston, Cooke, and Jackson would be outstanding! Having good posts are a key but this is definitely a guards game.

While that is true I’m sure they are being promised the kitchen and more! All three are consensus top 10 players and arguably the best at their positions so any play ranked lower then them wouldn’t change their mind about playing time. If that’s the case why are they considering Tennessee and SC? UT seems pretty good at the guard spot for this recruiting cycle but maybe holly has decided to have a guard oriented offense and load up on elite guards. I think Dawn has probably decided to do the same, especially with the amount of guards we will have this coming season. We will lose a few players to graduation but adding Horston, Cooke, and Jackson would be outstanding! Having good posts are a key but this is definitely a guards game.
One of the problems with lady vol guard play over the past several years is they can’t/don’t guard well and they can’t shoot. Recipe for disaster, which is where we are near.

Hannah Gusters and Sarah Andrews were offered scholarships. Both live in TX and are Zarielle Green's friends.

Check out @ProSkillsGBB’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/ProSkillsGBB/status/1010573205269090306?s=09

Last edited:

The key to that decision will be finding a school that shares Brown's vision for her own skill development.

"I don't want to be stuck in the post all the time," she said. "I want to be able to have the freedom to go out and do more than have my back to the basket."

"I've always thought she reminded me a lot of Tim Duncan," Karsak said. "She's very versatile. Just a big sense of finesse to her. She can put her back to the basket, but she can also step out and hit that 3-point shot."

Reasoning for elimination of Tennessee (my guess) we told her she would be a post player for 4 years.

The key to that decision will be finding a school that shares Brown's vision for her own skill development.

"I don't want to be stuck in the post all the time," she said. "I want to be able to have the freedom to go out and do more than have my back to the basket."

"I've always thought she reminded me a lot of Tim Duncan," Karsak said. "She's very versatile. Just a big sense of finesse to her. She can put her back to the basket, but she can also step out and hit that 3-point shot."

Reasoning for elimination of Tennessee (my guess) we told her she would be a post player for 4 years.

She also would like to play the 4.

vollfanIND - my guess is she read all the negative comments on our board, which is as probably a speculation as any other reason.

Reactions: 3 people

With Green & Brown leaving next season and Harris being a Senior the only play at the 4 would've been MiMi Collins (Burrell and Davis may see time there but they aren't 4s) Wish her the best but with KK and Saunders with Harris in her last season I'm sure Brown would've played a lot at the 4!

With Green & Brown leaving next season and Harris being a Senior the only play at the 4 would've been MiMi Collins (Burrell and Davis may see time there but they aren't 4s) Wish her the best but with KK and Saunders with Harris in her last season I'm sure Brown would've played a lot at the 4!

I agree with your post, Also with Harris getting pretty much no playing time, This will put a lot of pressure on KK. I still say getting 6-5 6-6 Key is a must i also Think Holly is making a big push for her.

I agree with your post, Also with Harris getting pretty much no playing time, This will put a lot of pressure on KK. I still say getting 6-5 6-6 Key is a must i also Think Holly is making a big push for her.

Maori Davenport from Alabama would work also! Or Key ??? Brown looks like she wants to stay out west??

Maori Davenport from Alabama would work also! Or Key ??? Brown looks like she wants to stay out west??

I had a feeling Brown would pass on Tenn, and yes Davenport would be a nice pickup. As for Tamari Key i`m not sure why only a 3 star on ESPN that is not correct. Should be 4 or 5 star.

I had a feeling Brown would pass on Tenn, and yes Davenport would be a nice pickup. As for Tamari Key i`m not sure why only a 3 star on ESPN that is not correct. Should be 4 or 5 star.

It seems as of late when a player shows interest in us their ratings normally drops! She (Key) had a injury last year I believe so she was able to play much of her Junior season! We are still in on 2 other Post and have one who has verbal already so we'll be fine

It seems as of late when a player shows interest in us their ratings normally drops! She (Key) had a injury last year I believe so she was able to play much of her Junior season! We are still in on 2 other Post and have one who has verbal already so we'll be fine

She had a sprain foot so she missed some games.

Key visiting Virginia Tech. Other interest are Louisville, Duke , Florida State. Already visited us....

Anybody know about Davenport? Schedule a visit ??

Key visiting Virginia Tech. Other interest are Louisville, Duke , Florida State. Already visited us....

Anybody know about Davenport? Schedule a visit ??

Louisville making Maori Davenport a top priority !

VN Store

Back