'19 LA CB Devin Bush

From Rivals:

Devin Bush is an in-state prospect LSU liked early on and had been tentatively planning to commit sometime this month before the start of Karr's season. Clemson, Tennessee and LSU were his three finalists, but I don't see Bush making that move to LSU at this point. He struggled in front of the LSU staff during the 7-on-7 camp in mid-June and saw his stock drop pretty substantially. Clemson also cooled on Bush, leaving schools like Tennessee -- which has loaded up on defensive backs of late -- along with Georgia and Auburn potentially.

Wait what? One bad camp and now no one wants him?

Reactions: Billy Antrim
Wait what? One bad camp and now no one wants him?
One good camp and everyone wants him.

b3207b3364d022dca40ba0afaf567bf5.500x281x12.gif

Reactions: LittleVol
LSU and Clemson both have solid DB classes already. Clemson landing Booth probably made Bush odd man out, and Auburn and UGA losing out on Booth has both schools looking at options. His recruitment has slowed down and he's taking visits this fall, so maybe UT can get him on campus during the big UF weekend.

Our DB targets seem to be slowing down their recruitment around the same time, and I wonder if some of that is coming from our side? Maybe CJP has decided to scale back our DB spots and hasn't decided which DB is the best fit. Or maybe we've flipped our board again?

Our DB targets seem to be slowing down their recruitment around the same time, and I wonder if some of that is coming from our side? Maybe CJP has decided to scale back our DB spots and hasn't decided which DB is the best fit. Or maybe we've flipped our board again?
good question. i do think he's probably watched some other programs' boards fill up, so maybe they're just taking stock of what is out there at this point...made the list, now checking it twice.

maybe he thinks he has a real shot Hampton, and just wants more time?

Reactions: LA Vol

or maybe CJP sees how well the young CB's are progressing and is rethinking the need for additional CB's compared to the other positions of need?

or maybe CJP sees how well the young CB's are progressing and is rethinking the need for additional CB's compared to the other positions of need?

That's what I was thinking. We're in better shape at DB than it appeared going into camp, with Tae, Thompson and Flowers ahead of expectations. Even with TKJr and Abernathy graduating and Warrior leaving early, we have experienced starters for next year and three solid DBs already committed. I think Bush would be a take over most other DBs. He can play multiple positions and return punts, too. But he didn't come in for the cookout... and I was just wondering if CJP decided to take only 4 DBs this class if he could have someone else in mind.

That's what I was thinking. We're in better shape at DB than it appeared going into camp, with Tae, Thompson and Flowers ahead of expectations. Even with TKJr and Abernathy graduating and Warrior leaving early, we have experienced starters for next year and three solid DBs already committed. I think Bush would be a take over most other DBs. He can play multiple positions and return punts, too. But he didn't come in for the cookout... and I was just wondering if CJP decided to take only 4 DBs this class if he could have someone else in mind.
Is it predetermined that Warrior is leaving early?

Let's say he has a great season, All-SEC caliber even... probably a 3rd round pick. If he stays for his Senior year and balls out... which he will, because he'll be bigger, stronger, faster, better... and have another year of coaching with one of the best safety coaches in the nation under his belt... and a much-improved team to ride with on that Senior year...

I feel like if Butch could keep Sutton/Reeves-Maybin/Kamara around for an extra year... Pruitt has to be able to sell that to Warrior after making a bowl game amidst last year's disaster and the recruiting class coming in

Let's say he has a great season, All-SEC caliber even... probably a 3rd round pick. If he stays for his Senior year and balls out... which he will, because he'll be bigger, stronger, faster, better... and have another year of coaching with one of the best safety coaches in the nation under his belt... and a much-improved team to ride with on that Senior year...

I feel like if Butch could keep Sutton/Reeves-Maybin/Kamara around for an extra year... Pruitt has to be able to sell that to Warrior after making a bowl game amidst last year's disaster and the recruiting class coming in

Yeah but Butch was asking those guys to come back for a season in 2016 in which it looked like the Vols had a legit shot of making it to Atlanta and challenging for an SEC title. What does Pruitt have to sell Warrior for 2019? That he maybe can improve his draft stock by another round? I just don't think the selling point for 2019 is going to be strong enough if Warrior goes out and has an All-SEC season this year.

Reactions: KBVol

If Nigel Warrior gets a 2nd/3rd grade there’s no reason for him to come back, nor should he.

Yeah but Butch was asking those guys to come back for a season in 2016 in which it looked like the Vols had a legit shot of making it to Atlanta and challenging for an SEC title. What does Pruitt have to sell Warrior for 2019? That he maybe can improve his draft stock by another round? I just don't think the selling point for 2019 is going to be strong enough if Warrior goes out and has an All-SEC season this year.
He can sell him on back to back natties in 2019 after the season.

XV-Nulla

VN Store

Back