Kyrie Irving wants the spotlight

...yet Durant was ripped for doing the exact opposite (wanted to go to a good team, with other superstar players, in order to win a title).

NBA players do have a well-deserved reputation for being primadonnas, but they also get excessively ripped no matter what they do as well.

I think I agree with this.

Durant leaves to go win more = "easy way out," "what happened to players leading their own teams instead of joining up"

Kyrie wants to lead his own team = "selfish," "why don't you care about winning"

Reactions: 1 person
Are people ripping Kyrie? A few people are mocking the move, but I don't think it's drawing the ire of fans like Durant did.

They certainly will if that is what he decides he wants to do. The news of him wanting out just broke, but the reaction is already heading that way.

They'll rip Kyrie for wanting to be "the guy" even if that means he won't play for a team with a realistic shot at winning more titles, and they'll rip LeBron for running him off. A win-win for the talking heads.

Durant was ripped for joining the team he had just choked away a win gainst in the wcf

I think I agree with this.

Durant leaves to go win more = "easy way out," "what happened to players leading their own teams instead of joining up"

Kyrie wants to lead his own team = "selfish," "why don't you care about winning"

As a fan of the cavs and Lebron, I'm just hurt as a fan that our star pg is trying to bail after 3 finals appearances and 1 ring. It is going to be hard to replace his production!

But this could be a good thing for the cavs. It could be a chance for them to remake themselves somewhat. Derek Rose is all but signed, and they are going to go hard after Carmelo.

As a fan of the cavs and Lebron, I'm just hurt as a fan that our star pg is trying to bail after 3 finals appearances and 1 ring. It is going to be hard to replace his production!

But this could be a good thing for the cavs. It could be a chance for them to remake themselves somewhat. Derek Rose is all but signed, and they are going to go hard after Carmelo.

Rose has bum knees and melo is carcinogenic.

As a Lebron fan, getting these 2 players in Cleveland is my nightmare scenario. I can't stand either one of them.

Rose has bum knees and melo is carcinogenic.

His motivation to win a ring may make him more of a team/system player. But he also has the potential to take over a 4th quarter in the playoffs when we need, similar to what KD did last year. He will become the new closer if Kyrie leaves.

His motivation to win a ring may make him more of a team/system player. But he also has the potential to take over a 4th quarter in the playoffs when we need, similar to what KD did last year. He will become the new closer if Kyrie leaves.

Cavs aren't winning the East if Rose thinks he's the closer lol.

Wait, are you talking about Rose? Lol

That could be a good trio......if it was 2010. LOL.

Personally I'd find a way to send him to a garbage team. Like trade Kyrie for Kemba Walker and some other assets. That way he can totally be Batman no questions asked. Although the realistic side says trade him to a team in the west that would keep you from facing him in the playoffs. Then you could shaft him by making him another Robin. :)

Personally I'd find a way to send him to a garbage team. Like trade Kyrie for Kemba Walker and some other assets. That way he can totally be Batman no questions asked. Although the realistic side says trade him to a team in the west that would keep you from facing him in the playoffs. Then you could shaft him by making him another Robin. :)

Personally you wouldn't be a GM for very long if you intentionally treated your players like crap. Charlotte is also a likely playoff team, they're far from garbage

I think Charlotte is going to be pretty good. They could win the 3 seed. They won 36 games with Kaminsky, Zeller, and Hibbert sharing the 5 position.

VN Store

Back