Kortney is a grad assistant at Vanderbilt

Jim,

I read her statement. She told everyone she received a full scholarship to work on a Master's at Vandy. That's great! But VollyParton is asserting it was an "academic" scholarship. That is what I was questioning. An "academic" scholarship is awarded for academic merit. The young women on the Vandy team have all received full scholarships to pursue degrees, but they are not "academic" scholarships. They receive "athletic" scholarships, which are completely different. Graduate Assistants at most schools receive athletic scholarships or they get free tuition as a benefit granted to all full time employees (and sometimes their children) of the school. In Kortney's tweet, she never claimed she received a "full academic scholarship." VollyParton told everyone she did. I was asking where VollyParton got the information to make that claim, because I haven't seen it stated anywhere else.
Gotta be a CPA...bean counter..lol

I don’t care if it’s basket weaving, a Vanderbilt Masters degree will mean higher starting pay. Companies cherish degrees from places like Vandy. Good for her!

Reactions: T_Vol376

VN Store

Back