Kermit Davis' quotes at breakfast with friends

truefan

"If they get out on us quick, it might be a long night, but if we get out on them quick, they might just quit"

"Our perimeter players are better than their's, but their inside players are better"

"Kanaskie will handle Maze just fine"

These said a a breakfast with close friends this morning in Murfreesboro.

Too bad he didn't say this to the press. It would be posted all over the visitor's locker room in Murphy Center.

I'm pumped up for our first road game of the season. This will tell a lot about the kind of character our team has.

If they get out on the Vols do you think they'll quit? I would really be surprised. I haven't seen a Pearl team EVER quit.

If they get out on the Vols do you think they'll quit? I would really be surprised. I haven't seen a Pearl team EVER quit.

i wouldn't expect them to, but we will never know until we are down.

They did get blown out but. I haven't seen the total quit sign like our football team has done.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The NCAA game against Louisville also comes to mind. Certain folks close to the Louisville program have certainly expressed that sentiment privately.

Agreed. We quit in the first, teased with the idea of making a comeback, and then showed that we were content with just a Sweet 16 appearance.

The NCAA game against Louisville also comes to mind. Certain folks close to the Louisville program have certainly expressed that sentiment privately.

That was certainly the feeling I got. What is bad is they quit while they were gaining not only momentum, but also on the scoreboard. Didn't they cut the lead to 5? Then there was either a turnover or two missed free throws and the game never got close again.

VN Store

Back