Kentucky

It begs the question of giving a coach time. Stoops has had the wheels fall off every season since he’s been there. Heck at one point he’s on the hot seat.
But now, crap he’s a contender (potentially) to win the East. Who’d ever thought UK would be a contender at Football? So is it luck, or is it giving an unproven head coach time to build?

Yeah but it's also UK. Totally different set of expectations. Getting to regular bowl games is considered awesome.

Plus maybe we should wait and see how the season plays out.

It begs the question of giving a coach time. Stoops has had the wheels fall off every season since he’s been there. Heck at one point he’s on the hot seat.
But now, crap he’s a contender (potentially) to win the East. Who’d ever thought UK would be a contender at Football? So is it luck, or is it giving an unproven head coach time to build?

If you were to give any unproven coach 10 years, how often would they build into a good team? I bet it's less than 10%. Dabo did it, Stoops looks to be doing it. I can't think of another in recent memory.

How is Texas a&m a 6 point favorite over the #13 Cats?
This really surprises me.

Reactions: AUVol
KY is a pretty good team and the Snell kid will make some $$$ in the NFL. With that said this is not the first KY team to start out 5-0 and falter down the stretch. Admittedly their 2018 5-0 start is against better teams than in the past.
Just like how Tenn traditionally finds a way to lose the Florida game, KY finds a way to lose the Tennessee game.
If they can somehow manage to win the east I'll be pulling for them to shoot down the big red elephants.

Reactions: TNfan#2
They are solid. Watching game tonight. Can’t believe I’m saying it, but their football team may score more against us than ther basketball team will.

They are good. Top to bottom. Likely 2nd best team is SEC East.
Good line play. I do think KY will lose 3+. We actually catch them at a great time with them having a road game at MO and then home game with UGA before us. If we improve then we can beat them but there’s more than a month between now and then. Let’s see how things develop. I predicted MO would finish second in the East and I’m sticking with them.

Kentucky really hasn’t played any team with a pulse offensively. Their run defense is very good, but they haven’t played anyone that could challenge them in the passing game. Texas A&M is good to very good in the passing department. Kellen Mond passed for 430 yards against Clemson.

Texas A&M and Kentucky are pretty equal when it comes to defending the run, but A&M has played a much tougher schedule. A&M is susceptible to the pass, but Kentucky cannot really challenging much in that department.

I think the Aggies will limit Snell, and win by 7 to 10 points.

It's the first Kentucky team to start out 5-0 since 1977. But that 2nd-half swoon has been evident in the past few years. This has mostly been due to depth and experience.

But consider Kentucky's competition in the last half. Georgia is the only game that we might consider "unwinnable," with A&M a close second. Last odds that I saw, winning at home against Georgia was only 14%, and beating TAMU on the road was 31%. All others at this point were well over 50%.

The Cats have beaten 3 pretty decent SEC teams, with 2 of them having being ranked top 25. Also, consider that Kentucky's defense MAY be pretty good, having only allowed 12.6 points per game, which is good enough to tie with Auburn nationally at #3. With all that said, the first big test against a top offense may be Mizzou.

KY is a pretty good team and the Snell kid will make some $$$ in the NFL. With that said this is not the first KY team to start out 5-0 and falter down the stretch. Admittedly their 2018 5-0 start is against better teams than in the past.
Just like how Tenn traditionally finds a way to lose the Florida game, KY finds a way to lose the Tennessee game.
If they can somehow manage to win the east I'll be pulling for them to shoot down the big red elephants.

It's the first Kentucky team to start out 5-0 since 1977. But that 2nd-half swoon has been evident in the past few years. This has mostly been due to depth and experience.

But consider Kentucky's competition in the last half. Georgia is the only game that we might consider "unwinnable," with A&M a close second. Last odds that I saw, winning at home against Georgia was only 14%, and beating TAMU on the road was 31%. All others at this point were well over 50%.

The Cats have beaten 3 pretty decent SEC teams, with 2 of them having being ranked top 25. Also, consider that Kentucky's defense MAY be pretty good, having only allowed 12.6 points per game, which is good enough to tie with Auburn nationally at #3. With all that said, the first big test against a top offense may be Mizzou.

10-4, that's pretty much what I said.

Maybe you should check those fact again.
A look at Kentucky football's previous 5-0 starts in program history

Reactions: TNfan#2
The only thing that I can see UT struggling with is stopping the run game and keeping Terry Wilson in the pocket due to his scrambling ability.

I noticed when Kirby Smart put Justin Fields in, we struggled badly.

JG will have to have a very strong game to pull an upset against UK.

I want to vomit for saying all of this. 🤢

Against Texas A&M and UGA, it's house money. You win, yay. You lose, no big deal imo. The ones I really want to make sure we win are Mizzou, Vandy, Tenn, and Louisville. The other two big ones are gravy.

Offensive line play will take you a longggg way. Strong offensive line covers a lot of other weaknesses and when you are good in the trenches you will win a lot of ball games.

Against Texas A&M and UGA, it's house money. You win, yay. You lose, no big deal imo. The ones I really want to make sure we win are Mizzou, Vandy, Tenn, and Louisville. The other two big ones are gravy.

That’s the place I’m at. I want to consistently win the games we should win.

10-4, that's pretty much what I said.

Maybe you should check those fact again.
A look at Kentucky football's previous 5-0 starts in program history

Good stuff. The memory fades when you get old. BTTT, I think that this graphic pretty much sums up the Cats' success, as good as Benny Snell can be. Darn good line play, and not a shabby secondary, either.

1805-TOTW-SEC-D-768x432.jpg

If the UK qb’s passing was that bad why don’t they 8 in the box them like they do UT? Cause he’s actually pretty good.

Yes, his 132 yard passing is amazing.

What do we have to do in regards to him sucking. Stay on track
Are you saying they are winning in spite of him? There were times when observers might have correctly said the same thing about Dobbs. Maybe he will play a few games like the eggs Dobbs laid against Arkansas, South Carolina, and Vanderbilt.

Are you saying they are winning in spite of him? There were times when observers might have correctly said the same thing about Dobbs. Maybe he will play a few games like the eggs Dobbs laid against Arkansas, South Carolina, and Vanderbilt.

I am saying he is not good.

I’m pulling for them. If they can be good, then it gives me hope that one day Tennessee can be good too

VN Store

Back