Kent State

Rasputin_Vol

"Slava Ukraina"
How long before this happens at one of these Occupier events? :ermm:

Trouble exploded in town around midnight when people left a bar and began throwing beer bottles at cars and breaking downtown store fronts. In the process they broke a bank window, setting off an alarm. The news spread quickly and it resulted in several bars closing early to avoid trouble. Before long, more people had joined the vandalism and looting.

By the time police arrived, a crowd of 120 had already gathered. Some people from the crowd had already lit a small bonfire in the street. The crowd appeared to be a mix of bikers, students, and transient people. A few members of the crowd began to throw beer bottles at the police, and then started yelling obscenities at them. The entire Kent police force was called to duty as well as officers from the county and surrounding communities. Kent Mayor Leroy Satrom declared a state of emergency, called Ohio Governor James Rhodes' office to seek assistance, and ordered all of the bars closed. The decision to close the bars early increased the size of the angry crowd. Police eventually succeeded in using tear gas to disperse the crowd from downtown, forcing them to move several blocks back to the campus.

There hasn't really been any indication that anything like this will happen. Protesters were attacked in San Francisco by police, but riots didn't break out. This is about as peaceful as I have expected it. There have been calls for peace the entire time, even while one or two voices have stated that violence is needed to make a statement. That may change if the police get more heavy handed.

What is it about Kent State? Wasn't that the site of a real bad outbreak in the 60's/70's?

Also I don't know about San Fran, so won't comment on them but the ones in New York, while not violent they are far from peaceful. Crapping on cop cars, banging on drums to all hours of the night, and purposefully clogging up businesses (and I'm talking the restaurants and stuff not the "big boys") is not what I call peaceful. My in laws got back from New York and they said they were pretty obscene. I have no problem with folks getting together to voice their grievances at all, but don't check your common sense and decency at the door either.

Professional protestors are awesome.

We had an older gentlemen take an nba flop recently.

It was majestic.

The only thing that out did it was the guy in a doctors out fit yelling into his bull horn, Im the only professional here.

Kent State was a bad deal. The shooting was totally unnecessary . That was a bad period of time for our nation.

Kent State graduate celebrates by strolling campus with her AR-10

Kaitlin Bennett, 22, wanted to make a statement after graduating so she shared pictures of herself on campus with an AR-10 slung over her shoulder and holding a graduation cap emblazoned with the words "come and take it."

"Now that I graduated from @KentState, I can finally arm myself on campus," Bennett, who earned a degree in biology, tweeted Sunday. "I should have been able to do so as a student — especially since 4 unarmed students were shot and killed by the government on this campus."

VN Store

Back