Keller Chryst on Golden Arm watchlist

I don’t understand why so many people hate this kid. I think it’s great he made the list.
I don’t either. I think he will prove to be a welcome addition to the team, and probably the starter. Yet, for some reason, there is a segment of the fanbase who have done nothing but trash the kid. Why? Has JG done something so wonderful to warrant being handed the team? Not in my opinion. I want the best QB on the field to help us win, no matter who that ends up being. But the animosity shown towards Chryst on this board is really odd.

I've just been auditing the forums for a while, but I'm with the OP on his point about anything positive posted about Chryst gets a swift rebuke of some sort. I'll support whoever CJP picks as starter and hope the best for whoever he doesn't. Proud of (most) anyone choosing to wear the orange and working hard for the University and the fans - including red shirt sophomores and grad transfers.

That said, I do find it weird being on this list not even being named starter.

Might should point out that the list isn't selective at all. The criteria for the award is being a senior or fourth-year junior QB. They've literally listed every qualifying senior and fourth-year QB in college football. Look no further than UAB and UTEP quarterbacks on the list...

There's nothing to be gleaned from putting KC on the list except that he currently qualifies to win the award. No praise nor admonishment needed here.

I'm happy for the kid, but if my ciphering is correct, the list comprises about 38% of all the FBS teams. That's going to take a lot of "watching."
If UT QB is in the upper 38% of all FBS teams we will be going bowling--- 8 - 4 plus bowl game.

Might should point out that the list isn't selective at all. The criteria for the award is being a senior or fourth-year junior QB. They've literally listed every qualifying senior and fourth-year QB in college football. Look no further than UAB and UTEP quarterbacks on the list...

There's nothing to be gleaned from putting KC on the list except that he currently qualifies to win the award. No praise nor admonishment needed here.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Behr and CA_Vol
From the ^ "2 or more x 2 is at least 4" ^ logic.
I suppose you could read it that way however I'm fairly certain you should highlight the word WORK instead of multiple touchdown passes. Pretty sure he threw multiple touchdown passes. He did this in work against the 1s AND 2s. He could have thrown one touchdown pass against the 1s and seven touchdown passes against the 2s and the sentence would be accurate.

I personally dont care who wins the job as long as they are successful I'll pull for them. JG should have the lead but I'm not sure he will win the job based on what I saw last year.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

Bentley USC, I believe is a 3yr Jr, thought he beat TN as a true Freshmen in 16, I could be wrong. Don't know about the others.

Keller's demeanor through adversity is what will win him the QB job. Also, if he can consistently make better decisions such as knowing when to throw it away, he will undoubtedly be the starter despite being a worse passer than JG.

The prime example of a QB who simply made good decisions was Jake Fromm and we all know how that turned out last year.

Reactions: NWGVol
I don’t either. I think he will prove to be a welcome addition to the team, and probably the starter. Yet, for some reason, there is a segment of the fanbase who have done nothing but trash the kid. Why? Has JG done something so wonderful to warrant being handed the team? Not in my opinion. I want the best QB on the field to help us win, no matter who that ends up being. But the animosity shown towards Chryst on this board is really odd.
Too many take an "either/or" approach. They put themselves in a position to be unable to pull for the starter if it isn't "their guy" without swallowing their pride. There were several here that did that last year. I can pull for either. Neither is without big question marks. Either could win the job.

I agree there's "hate" toward KC... but there's some toward JG too.

Reactions: CA_Vol and jakez4ut
Say anything positive about this kid and all you get is hate, why can’t anyone post that they are happy UT has a kid on any list? Why come in and blast him for being recognized
I’ve heard plenty positive about him. “Guaranteed starter” is kinda complimentary. People saying the same about JG don’t necessarily get the red carpet treatment...more code red.

Reactions: BloomuVol
There are like 50 names on the watchlist....what are qualifications? Breathing? Thats like what 1/5 of all div 1 qb's

So you looked up every qb at very D1 schoolmto verify that they aren’t chosen after they meet the criteria? I understand there are like 38 names but that doesn’t even represent anywhere close to what you are saying. That number with 4 deep QBs would be more like 75

VN Store

Back