Keller Chryst on Golden Arm watchlist

Did you even read the qualifications? Character has a lot to do with it. Geez, people these days.

Ha ha, then why is called the Golden Arm award? That’s laughable. Ha ha!!!

Please go read the qualifications for the Heisman Trophy. It’s largely the same regarding character but yet Jamies Winston won it while he was being investigated for Sex Battery of a co-ed at FSU (ha ha what a joke, but that’s an entirely separate discussion).

Based upon the criteria for both of these awards a player like Winston should NEVER win either. But, yet he did.

That being said the character of a player is mostly ignored and it’s ALL about what happens on the field and NOT his character.

In the battle for starting QB in Tuscaloosa, it really comes down to anticipation and timing. There is no greater talent than being able to see, read, and react in a nanosecond. If the arm is at least moderately accurate, I would say that's a bonus. Things happen in a hurry out there and the better the defensive team the smaller the window for success and the greater the need to process it all quickly.

So, a career 55% passer who had to transfer to another program because he couldn’t keep his job at his original school....and who is in an uphill battle to supplant a sophomore QB who had more than his fair share of struggles last year.....he made the list?

List doesn’t hold much validity imo.
From the article: " Criteria to be considered for the award include character, citizenship, scholastic achievement, leadership qualities and athletic accomplishments." I doubt your read the story. On field accomplishments are last on the list.

From the article: " Criteria to be considered for the award include character, citizenship, scholastic achievement, leadership qualities and athletic accomplishments." I doubt your read the story. On field accomplishments are last on the list.

That’s all lip service. It’s called the Golden Arm award for what happens on the field not off it. Otherwise call it the golden citizen award.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
That’s all lip service. It’s called the Golden Arm award for what happens on the field not off it. Otherwise call it the golden citizen award.
Well I can see you have no character either. You don't know much about awards, but you more than likely didn't win any either. And when you want to mention lip service, take your own advice.

Comments by Stanford Coach Shaw about Chryst - " If he can go someplace, find a place to play and play up to his ability, this guy is a draft pick in the top half of the draft,” Shaw said."

Well I can see you have no character either. You don't know much about awards, but you more than likely didn't win any either. And when you want to mention lip service, take your own advice.

Is this a joke? I would hate to think that your only argument is to personally attack someone that disagrees with you.

I’m entitled to my opinion just as you’re entitled to yours. That’s the point of an internet message board.

Is this a joke? I would hate to think that your only argument is to personally attack someone that disagrees with you.

I’m entitled to my opinion just as you’re entitled to yours. That’s the point of an internet message board.
Sorry I hurt your feelings. Next time you want you disagree with me, leave the "haha's" off and don't start your conversation with, "Is this a joke?". I have plenty of arguments as well. Well thought out arguments. And you're right, this is a Vols message board so don't come on here bashing our players unless you want to be bashed. Keller Chryst is a very good QB that got hurt and beat out of his starting job. That happens in football. Remember Peyton Manning?

Reactions: 24/7vol
Sorry I hurt your feelings. Next time you want you disagree with me, leave the "haha's" off and don't start your conversation with, "Is this a joke?". I have plenty of arguments as well. Well thought out arguments. And you're right, this is a Vols message board so don't come on here bashing our players unless you want to be bashed. Keller Chryst is a very good QB that got hurt and beat out of his starting job. That happens in football. Remember Peyton Manning?
Peyton and Luck didn’t compete for the job.

it's a joke regarding another post about how many TD's KC threw. to say he used some creative math to get to that number is an understatement.

Well, UTRex, Pismonque, and Jakez4UT, We will see who is making fun of whom when the WVU games gets here. The way the writer wrote the article. KC did throw at least 4 TDs in Sunday's scrimmage. What do y'all think about Shaw's statements? You think Shaw is going to go out on a limb and say he is a future NFL QB with KC not being very talented. Just because KC never got the job back after he got hurt doesn't make him an average QB. Lots of great QBs leave a program to go somewhere else to shine because there is a talented QB in front of him who better fits that team's O plans. Do you think Helton and Pruitt brought KC in knowing JG would be the QB? Maybe JG does get the start. My money is KC is the starter by UF game and never looks back with JG possibly getting some packages in certain situations. Unless, JG pouts like he did last year or transfers!!! When KC gets the starting job, JG transfers!

Reactions: 24/7vol
Well, UTRex, Pismonque, and Jakez4UT, We will see who is making fun of whom when the WVU games gets here. The way the writer wrote the article. KC did throw at least 4 TDs in Sunday's scrimmage. What do y'all think about Shaw's statements? You think Shaw is going to go out on a limb and say he is a future NFL QB with KC not being very talented. Just because KC never got the job back after he got hurt doesn't make him an average QB. Lots of great QBs leave a program to go somewhere else to shine because there is a talented QB in front of him who better fits that team's O plans. Do you think Helton and Pruitt brought KC in knowing JG would be the QB? Maybe JG does get the start. My money is KC is the starter by UF game and never looks back with JG possibly getting some packages in certain situations. Unless, JG pouts like he did last year or transfers!!! When KC gets the starting job, JG transfers!
Tl;Dr.

Say anything positive about this kid and all you get is hate, why can’t anyone post that they are happy UT has a kid on any list? Why come in and blast him for being recognized
my guess -- nobody wants JG to transfer if he loses out to KC -- since no decent QB for next season if that happens

No one hates KC.

I for one don’t understand how a QB that was benched last season for poor performance and had to transfer to get a shot at playing is on the Golden Arm Award list.

Oh and he’s a career 55 percent passer. It certainly looks fishy to me.

VN Store

Back