Keeping up with the transfers

Yemi Makanjuola SR season Southern Ill Edwardsville
2015-16: Led the team in rebounding with an average of 5.5 rebounds per game...Led the team in rebounding in 10 games during the year...Collected three double-digit rebounding games during the season...Hauled in a career high 13 rebounds 1/21 at Austin Peay...Pulled in 11 boards vs. Campbell 11/24...Grabbed 10 rebounds at Tennessee State 1/9...Fifth in scoring at 6.5 points per game...Scored a career-high 21 points at Jacksonville State 12/31...Scored 20 points against Portland State 12/12, where he finished one rebound shy of a double...Led the team in scoring twice during the season...Recorded five double-digit scoring efforts...One of three players to start all 28 games.

Last edited:
I'd left Yemi off since he started in 2011 and figured that he was long gone. Plus he was kicked off the team as was the big guy from Memphis that played for Donnie in the pre-conference,

Yemi has two records in the database. They misspelled his name in one of them. He was away from the NCAA for 2 seasons after leaving TN.

Search Results | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Dominic Woodson

stats

Dominic was on the Sacramento King's 2016 summer league roster. Barnes could have used his size, but his attitude was probably too toxic to keep him around.

Woodson

Last edited:
Dominic Woodson

stats

Dominic was on the Sacramento King's 2016 summer league roster. Barnes could have used his size, but his attitude was probably too toxic to keep him around.

Woodson

I'm sorry but I don't think he'll ever make an NBA roster. Just not good enough. Jarnell Stokes is better than him & he can't even make an NBA roster so no way Woodson can do it in my opinion.

Darius doubled his 3-PT accuracy.

Rob Gray has the best stats of those lost TN recruits. But his replacements are pretty good, so it wasn't a horrible fail by not getting him to TN.

Let's wait and see the guys play a few games first before acting like it is even. Also I would think it would take two or three recruits playing a lot combined to get to 16ppg.

Let's wait and see the guys play a few games first before acting like it is even. Also I would think it would take two or three recruits playing a lot combined to get to 16ppg.

I don't think we'll be able to make comparisons since Gray is facing AAC competition. I pretty happy with Turner, Bone, and Kwe Parker. Johnson also might be a good 'un.

I don't think we'll be able to make comparisons since Gray is facing AAC competition. I pretty happy with Turner, Bone, and Kwe Parker. Johnson also might be a good 'un.

The SEC is a pretty weak conference it's self. It's hard to say three or four guys replace one. Also Tyndall was probably going to get Malique Trent and he averaged about 12ppg at TCU.

The SEC is a pretty weak conference it's self. It's hard to say three or four guys replace one. Also Tyndall was probably going to get Malique Trent and he averaged about 12ppg at TCU.

Pick one then. I like Turner. Like I said originally, it's not a huge fail by TN not getting Gray in Orange. Guard play isn't likely to be the weak link.

Darius doubled his 3-PT accuracy.

Rob Gray has the best stats of those lost TN recruits. But his replacements are pretty good, so it wasn't a horrible fail by not getting him to TN.
I disagree. We had to use Armani Moore and Shembarri Phillips to run point partially.. or imagine if we could of had Punter play off ball. Huge fail by Barnes and Co.

My wife and I both have accepted jobs at Iowa state and are moving out there right before Bball starts. I will make sure to wear my orange and power T to some games in honor of Kasongo.

Reactions: 1 person
My wife and I both have accepted jobs at Iowa state and are moving out there right before Bball starts. I will make sure to wear my orange and power T to some games in honor of Kasongo.

Kasongor approves this post

Huger fail by the NCAA not letting Turner play.
And the NCAA rarely makes accurate decisions and has a history of making illogical decisions.

But it has to be partially Barnes' fault too for allowing a kid here who took up a scholarship but wasn't academically qualified.

Could be spun multiple ways IMO.

I also don't think that it was a huge fail to steer clear of any of Donnie's targets. Since Tyndall is a habitual cheater there is no telling what kind of violations could have been discovered later. Hopefully Mostella's recruitment wasn't toxic and Schofield and Shembari were thoroughly vetted before they were brought on board.

It's odd that Barnes would have taken Phillips but seems to have passed on Gray. But was Gray the point guard for Houston last year or the 2? He lead them in scoring, but was 5th in assists. What kind of defense did he play? Is he a gym rat? Is he a pre-Madonna? Barnes has the information, we don't. There could be very good reasons why Barnes went with Turner and Phillips but passed on Gray. Do we even know with certainty that Barnes passed on Gray or is it possible that Gray passed on Barnes and TN?

Why is Gray listed as a Junior? He only has one year of stats. If he only had 3 years of eligibility that's another reason to favor Turner and Phillips.

Gray really stunk it up by the way when GA Tech bounced Houston out of the NIT. 19 shots taken and 16 were missed. No rebounds or assists. I wonder if he did anything defensively?

I also don't think that it was a huge fail to steer clear of any of Donnie's targets. Since Tyndall is a habitual cheater there is no telling what kind of violations could have been discovered later. Hopefully Mostella's recruitment wasn't toxic and Schofield and Shembari were thoroughly vetted before they were brought on board.

It's odd that Barnes would have taken Phillips but seems to have passed on Gray. But was Gray the point guard for Houston last year or the 2? He lead them in scoring, but was 5th in assists. What kind of defense did he play? Is he a gym rat? Is he a pre-Madonna? Barnes has the information, we don't. There could be very good reasons why Barnes went with Turner and Phillips but passed on Gray. Do we even know with certainty that Barnes passed on Gray or is it possible that Gray passed on Barnes and TN?

If Barnes was so methodical in player assessment, why did he sign the kid (his first commit) that he couldn't or didn't want to coach?

If Barnes was so methodical in player assessment, why did he sign the kid (his first commit) that he couldn't or didn't want to coach?

Maybe he had to compromise to get some size and the pickin's were mighty slim.

You don't think that every coach of a D-1 program is methodical? What is so outstanding about Gray other than his PPG? We had that in a perimeter player with Punter and potentially Hubbs and Mostella. Does Gray have skills other than scoring? Does he involve his teammates or does he just make baskets? Those aren't rhetorical questions, I really don't know and therefore posing the questions? All I'm seeing is that Barnes sucks for not signing Gray and all that I know for sure is that Gray averaged about as many PPG as Punter did.

I hear that Gray would have played football as well for TN. He would have started in place of Dobbs because of his pocket presents.

.... Lamonte Turner was on campus the day Tyndall got fired. Tyndall and staff were behind Turner graduating early.... Rob Gray was a Juco transfer with 3 years eligibility and was injured hobbled at the end of the season. Barnes didn't really know of Gray, Barnes doesn't recruit Juco's (3 his whole time at Texas) and Barnes did not want to waste an evaluation date(limited because of Tyndall using a lot) on Gray. He didn't think Gray was worth it.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back