Keeping up with the transfers

Actually, Fullerson might be contributing as much and more than McGhee could have. Fulk is a little longer, a better shooter, and has better hands. JMc was probably a little stronger than JF.

I'll take Walker over Kasongo everyday and twice on Sundays.

Thompson might have added a unique skill set. Similar to Bowden on offense except a better ball handler. I'll take Jordan's defense over Thompson. Thompson was a little slow though IMO. I loved his passing ability however.

AJ Davis? Admiral probably does just as much. Jalen Johnson might be better as well (minus his injuries).

Overall, I'm not upset with the attrition. None left too big of a hole to plug with other pieces. Tariq would be a better post option over Fulkerson, but JF still has a chance to get better and maybe even play outside of the painted area as well.

Kwe? Phillips? Not really missing either one right now. Bone/Turner are better.

Reactions: 1 person
I think that Auntie might have said that Jabari could actually be back for one more year. But I'm not really taking injuries into account. More like how they'd fit in. We might not have KA if Tariq had stayed on the roster.

Maybe or maybe we don’t waste a scholly on Kasongo with a sophomore Owens. Jabari wasn’t a power 6 player anyways.

Alexander has been solid for us and much improved from last year but adding a senior Owens with his 3 blocks a game probably makes us a top 8 team.

Actually, Fullerson might be contributing as much and more than McGhee could have. Fulk is a little longer, a better shooter, and has better hands. JMc was probably a little stronger than JF.

I'll take Walker over Kasongo everyday and twice on Sundays.

Thompson might have added a unique skill set. Similar to Bowden on offense except a better ball handler. I'll take Jordan's defense over Thompson. Thompson was a little slow though IMO. I loved his passing ability however.

AJ Davis? Admiral probably does just as much. Jalen Johnson might be better as well (minus his injuries).

Overall, I'm not upset with the attrition. None left too big of a hole to plug with other pieces. Tariq would be a better post option over Fulkerson, but JF still has a chance to get better and maybe even play outside of the painted area as well.

Kwe? Phillips? Not really missing either one right now. Bone/Turner are better.

Well you gotta remember assuming no injuries or anything weird, both Thompson and Davis would have graduated last year. Having Davis/Thompson for last years team would be nice instead of having Kwe and whoever else you could think of. I’d rather have RS frosh Fulky than senior McGhee.

I’m still a believer in Phillips but Daniel does exactly what Phillips’ strengths but with better PG play. It would be nice to have Shembari as the 9th man maybe and probably have more consistency but I think Pons has a chance to be really good next year.

Kwe will have a nice college career with good coaching. When you take six freshman somebody gets left out. It happens. A junior Kwe as a backup would be really fun (imagine what Kwe/Turner/Bowden could do defensively as juniors next year) but Daniel has been a great add.

If Mostella was mature I’d take him back. Unfortunately he had off the court issues. One of those guys that could go get you buckets if nobody else was making shots.

8 players from Pittsburgh will be transferring. Wonder if any of them will be on coach’s radar?

In researching the Pitt situation, I ran across this article about Stallings' (and the Pitt admin) behavior regarding transfers.
Jerk

I saw on Willie Carmichael's twitter that he was in Cookeville for two weeks. I am assuming he was going to summer classes. Anyone know if he was/is planning on going to TTU?

Jabari is graduating From WKU May 11 and looking to do grad year somewhere other than WKU. He has several options on the table but I’m not at liberty to say where.

I’m very proud of him. He kept the faith and stayed the course without any problems. He met his ultimate goal (a college degree) as well as his family expectations.

Jabari is graduating From WKU May 11 and looking to do grad year somewhere other than WKU. He has several options on the table but I’m not at liberty to say where.

I’m very proud of him. He kept the faith and stayed the course without any problems. He met his ultimate goal (a college degree) as well as his family expectations.

Congrats! Best of luck

Reactions: 1 person
Indy bro, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Do you remember Jabari’s final 30 seconds of playing time at UT? Barclays Classic in 2015 against George Washington. Jabari gets tangled up on the baseline at the end of our possession and hits the deck. Immediately got up, sprinted down the floor and fouled their point guard from behind as he was dribbling the ball up to the top of the key to setup the offense. Possibly the angriest I’ve ever seen Barnes.

Reactions: aWhiteLoftonChism
Do you remember Jabari’s final 30 seconds of playing time at UT? Barclays Classic in 2015 against George Washington. Jabari gets tangled up on the baseline at the end of our possession and hits the deck. Immediately got up, sprinted down the floor and fouled their point guard from behind as he was dribbling the ball up to the top of the key to setup the offense. Possibly the angriest I’ve ever seen Barnes.

I remember it! 😂

VN Store

Back