Juaun Jennings communication with Pruitt

Funny how it just seems to have been forever!

OMG, by 82-83's math, in marital years...
First Offense I did 7 years,
Second Offense - 50 years, (Hard Time)
Third Offense,(current) 8 years served of life sentence,
(habitual offender status)
65 and counting.

("... and now I'm waiting on the end of time...")

Reactions: 1 person
OMG, by 82-83's math, in marital years...
First Offense I did 7 years,
Second Offense - 50 years, (Hard Time)
Third Offense,(current) 8 years served of life sentence,
(habitual offender status)
65 and counting.

("... and now I'm waiting on the end of time...")

One speaking of such time to ones spouse, one must always add the phrase "of the best years of my life" to the number.

I know he was out of line but I love his passion for UT Football and I really think CJP can make him in to a leader on the offense we need. Who here hasn’t done something stupid in their youth and needed a second chance I would say most of us have needed or deserved a second chance.

He was well beyond his “second chance”...well beyond. And he may have some passion for Tennessee football, but he has no loyalty and no buy-in to his teammates. He was completely AWOL from the team all season long after his injury.

Look, if Fulmer and Pruitt discuss his return with him and decide to give him one last chance then fine, I’ll trust them and we’ll see what happens, if JJ can do a full 180 and become a good teammate and contributor. But if not, no skin off anybody’s nose imo.

Reactions: 2 people
Easy. He's nowhere near the ball park of top WRs ever at UT. Not even in the parking lot next to the ball park. He certainly isn't worthy of an "amazing player" label. That's a silly characterization of him

That’s why I liked him so much he wasn’t a wideout but he was definitely the best football player on the field most of the time

He was well beyond his “second chance”...well beyond. And he may have some passion for Tennessee football, but he has no loyalty and no buy-in to his teammates. He was completely AWOL from the team all season long after his injury.

Look, if Fulmer and Pruitt discuss his return with him and decide to give him one last chance then fine, I’ll trust them and we’ll see what happens, if JJ can do a full 180 and become a good teammate and contributor. But if not, no skin off anybody’s nose imo.

Agreed. I personally think he is too big of a risk in the lockerroom to be worth it, but will allow his problems may have been directly due to the previous staff. So if CJP and PF think he is worth another shot I would be OK with it. But I think the chance of that happening is slim to none.

Agreed. I personally think he is too big of a risk in the lockerroom to be worth it, but will allow his problems may have been directly due to the previous staff. So if CJP and PF think he is worth another shot I would be OK with it. But I think the chance of that happening is slim to none.

For a team needing to be transformed and a new culture established, I can't think of anyone I'd not want in my locker room more than Jennings. No way in hell can you allow someone with his attitude and history back on this team. He can be such a negative example for the recruits being brought in. Risk? Absolutely and a huge one. Not worth it. He should have a cup of coffee with Fulmer and ask him about Kelly Washington before he starts down that path with Jennings. Jennings needs to go elsewhere and get a fresh start. He doesn't belong in Knoxville anymore.

That sucks, JJ was the heart of this team this year. If you cant see that you are blind. He has made great plays for us since he has been here. Yes he screwed up, I dont know what went on behind the scenes and neither do any of you. It would be great to get him back. If his teammates allow it

You've put your finger on part of the problem with last years team. If Jennings was the sort of player that provided the "heart" and "leadership" for the team, it explains a lot. 4-8 makes sense if that's the case.

Look, he may have changed, but I doubt it. This program needs a new direction, new leaders, and new attitudes. Jennings needs to stay gone. Too much baggage and history. Both Jennings and UT would benefit from a continued parting of the ways. There are great players that will come after him. He can ruin/infect the new recruits who look t the upperclass players to see how it's done. They, in turn, will pass that on to subsequent classes after them. No, there's way too much on the line to risk a potential cancer back into this locker room. It isn't worth it. We will be lucky to win 6 next year. Take your lumps and rebuild this program the right way. Remove anything that threatens what you're trying to do. Guard that locker room against any sort of threat to discipline and leadership. Jennings is that sort of threat. Fools gold. Pruitt shouldn't even entertain the thought.

From roughly the age of 15-25, I thought I knew more than anybody around me. Most of us make terrible mistakes during that age period. I’m fortunate to have had just enough brain cells and guidance to make it without getting fubar. I would bet that a little mentoring and guidance from a solid coach would turn JJ into a great representative for the school. His heart is in the right place IMO. Give him the chance with a good coach!

In his video rant he was begging for a good and honest coach. Give the young man a chance!

Trouble and selfish acts against the team are two different things. Say what you will about the Criminal Tide but they play as a team and selfish acts like Jennings pulled aren’t part of their program.

This is Jennings 4th strike I know of. He beat the hell outta a HS kid when he was a freshman. Got cited for pot last yr and failed a drug test this yr. and the dumbass really thought he could show up one day after being out 11 weeks and play QB? Are you ****in kidding me?

I’d suggest you retake 3rd grade reading

I criticize Bama and you insult me? I’ve owned three companies and hold a doctorate but I read at a third grade level huh? Elitism at its best. Arrogant and self righteousness is not a good trait.

Last edited:
In my experience, holier than thou folks tend to be the worst hypocrites of all. Also the most judgmental, who don't even live up to their own claimed standards. Step back, step away, let Pruitt do it. No need to sprinkle "pison" on our badly limping program and surely disillusioned players. No more 'pison" please.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC9KRbdppzc[/youtube]

Last edited:
In my experience, holier than thou folks tend to be the worst hypocrites of all. Also the most judgmental, who don't even live up to their own claimed standards. Step back, step away, let Pruitt do it. No need to sprinkle "pison" on our badly limping program and surely disillusioned players. No more 'pison" please.

Earnest Gotta Truck Load of Snakes Clip - YouTube

LOL! Judging him? We're not making a decision here on whether or not to allow him to join our book club. We are discussing the merits of allowing a huge ego back into a lockerroom that needs to be 100% about the team, and not about self. There are legitimate questions as to whether or not Jenninga can be a team-first player, and that is Jennings' fault, not the fault of those 'judging' him.

That's the amazing thing about wives; years of experience (47 in my case) and they never seem to figure it out. I've come to the conclusion that if any guy actually figures out women, then I'd be very concerned about his sanity.
You heard the one about the guy finding the lamp with the genie inside? The genie says "I am a new genie and can only grant you one wish. The guy wants a road to Hawaii because he is afraid to fly. The genie informs him that is a pretty tall order for a new genie and asks him to pick another. The says " I want to understand women" to which the genie replies" Did you want two lanes or four on that bridge"

Last edited:

VN Store

Back