Jon Adam's Latest Sh-Article (link/discussion)

through the years i've defended some media folks...some i know...some family friends...some i dont. Hubbs, Hammonds, Denton, Kesling, Hyams...

there's a few like Packer that simply get their news from us. Low is self absorbed, but somebody likes his work.

Adams. dont know him. Op-ed is what it is. I guess ive never really cared but this is a whole new level of garbage. Why does KNS align with this guy? I dont know. Im asking? Its like that guy whi used to do broadcasts of Lady Vol events. I never understood that. Mickey Dearhart? It has to be the good ol boy network.
Dearstone.

I have lived out of the state of Tennessee for over 20 years, and I have traveled throughout the country on business. In the last several years, I have seen Bama hats and shirts everywhere from Montana to New York. Given a chance, I always ask, "what made you an Alabama fan?" Some of the stories you hear are absolutely ridiculous. Obvious band wagon jumpers.

I have lived out of the state of Tennessee for over 20 years, and I have traveled throughout the country on business. In the last several years, I have seen Bama hats and shirts everywhere from Montana to New York. Given a chance, I always ask, "what made you an Alabama fan?" Some of the stories you hear are absolutely ridiculous. Obvious band wagon jumpers.
Please elaborate - I'd love to hear some of the stuff they've told you.

My father in law (Tennessee fan) was out in California on a hiking trip a few weeks ago. One night when they were in town he noticed a middle-aged couple sitting at the bar in a restaurant they stopped in, both wearing Alabama gear. He walked up to them and asked if they were from Alabama; he said they both replied no and were from the area. When he asked them how they became Alabama fans, they said their son goes/went to Alabama, and he wanted to go there because "he likes college football and they are really good."

I was like give me an effing break - why in the hell would you go to the University of Alabama if you are from the Bay Area, assuming you don't play football? I suppose I understand a Mississippi or Georgia kid wanting to go there, and a bunch do, have mommy or daddy pay out of state tuition, but California?

Please elaborate - I'd love to hear some of the stuff they've told you.

My father in law (Tennessee fan) was out in California on a hiking trip a few weeks ago. One night when they were in town he noticed a middle-aged couple sitting at the bar in a restaurant they stopped in, both wearing Alabama gear. He walked up to them and asked if they were from Alabama; he said they both replied no and were from the area. When he asked them how they became Alabama fans, they said their son goes/went to Alabama, and he wanted to go there because "he likes college football and they are really good."

I was like give me an effing break - why in the hell would you go to the University of Alabama if you are from the Bay Area, assuming you don't play football? I suppose I understand a Mississippi or Georgia kid wanting to go there, and a bunch do, have mommy or daddy pay out of state tuition, but California?

It's their money. Not so hard to figure out.

It's their money. Not so hard to figure out.
I know it's their money - it's just stupid and makes no sense. As a Tennessee resident, why would I send my kid to a public university in California that stands out academically in no notable way? They can get that identical education somewhere else in Tennessee.

Reactions: gnm53108
I know it's their money - it's just stupid and makes no sense. As a Tennessee resident, why would I send my kid to a public university in California that stands out academically in no notable way? They can get that identical education somewhere else in Tennessee.

Well, I guess you need to post your contact info on a web page so every parent in America can get your express approval to send their kid to a school he or she wants to go to and they have the means to send him or her there. The point you fail to get? It's none of your concern.

Well, I guess you need to post your contact info on a web page so every parent in America can get your express approval to send their kid to a school he or she wants to go to and they have the means to send him or her there. The point you fail to get? It's none of your concern.
Dude, calm down. They are free to send there kid where ever - I am free to think it's stupid and makes no sense. I thought in this instance it was particularly dumb because their son is going there, according to them, because "Alabama is good at football." He wasn't a football player.

Dude, calm down. They are free to send there kid where ever - I am free to think it's stupid and makes no sense. I thought in this instance it was particularly dumb because their son is going there, according to them, because "Alabama is good at football." He wasn't a football player.

Actually, YOU need to calm down, DUDE! If you were this kids parent, and I was making a big whine about how to spend your money that you earned? You would have every right to tell me exactly where to get the Hell off. And for all you know, I am that kid's father. So, STFU. If my kid in California wants to go to Bama and yell, "Roll Tide", that is fine by me. And I really don't care how stupid you think it is. If he wanted to come to Tennessee, you would call that a smart move. Thankfully, I raised my kid from California not to yell Woo!

Actually, YOU need to calm down, DUDE! If you were this kids parent, and I was making a big whine about how to spend your money that you earned? You would have every right to tell me exactly where to get the Hell off. And for all you know, I am that kid's father. So, STFU. If my kid in California wants to go to Bama and yell, "Roll Tide", that is fine by me. And I really don't care how stupid you think it is. If he wanted to come to Tennessee, you would call that a smart move. Thankfully, I raised my kid from California not to yell Woo!
No I wouldn't. I would be just as bemused. I'd be curious to hear what the reason would be though because it sure as hell wouldn't be "they're good at football."

VN Store

Back