JG is da man ... get behind this guy

You can't argue his accuracy with that stat. Given the time, he's pretty good at hitting his mark. We need to run more crossing and seam routes. I haven't seen one slugo this season. I'd like to see Helton challenge him more and let him throw more. But, I read where CJP said he has to do what the OL knows how to do. It sounds like we are still handicapped upfront.

If you get behind JG, you will get mashed when they all fall on you. If you get in front of him you will get run over. As usual, all the rationalizing comes back to "little or no o-line ability".

Reactions: VolMarine1371
It seems like we have more trouble out of the offensive line on running plays than anything. I dont see how any of this is JGs fault when the only time he gets to throw is 3rd and long or on fourth down when everyone knows he has to throw it. Hes been pretty good on first down passes.

I will admit that I, like everyone else, was questioning play calling in the last few games until I read an article that really made me understand better why we call so many run plays when we all, including the defense, know its coming. Pruitt and co knows that our offensive line is below subpar meaning we cant go toe to toe with most SEC teams. We run the ball so much in the first half (regardless of success) to eat up clock and try to get the game into the second half with a manageable score. It seems like once we get to the second half we open the playbook up more and let the chips fall where they may. I remember Kiffin using this philosophy and it kept us in a lot of games including a game we should have won against Bama.

Take away the QB strip that gets ran in for a TD at Georgia and we walk into the half 0-10.

I want to see JG have a 300+ yard and 4 TD game. Right now he hasn’t had that game. Remember the USCe game that Dobbs came in and played lights out and brought us back to win for down 21 in the 4th? I want to see that from JG. One game where he is lights out. I think he is playing well right now, but I want to see a great game and will feel better on him.

Reactions: coffeecountyvol
I like JG. Tough Kid but he is a technician and not a baller. He needs to make things happen not just sit in the pocket and get smacked. In the pro's with his accuracy he will probably make a very serviceable backup.

Reactions: Rockyjr
Throwing the ball accurately has never been his problem. Reading defense and going through his progressions are where he’s lacking.

He only has 93 passing attempts so far this year lowest of all starteing SEC QBs, lowest total passing yards of his SEC peers, and tied for last in TDs.

But yeah his completion rate is high.

Someone needs to get in front of this guy and throw a block for him.
No doubt!!! I know not as easy as it seems, but coaches getting paid alot of money...you'd think we'd be able to scheme around by moving the pocket at least some during the game so JG's not like the gosling video on every drop back.

His completion % is so high because he locks on to one receiver. Either the receiver gets open or JG takes a sack. Brutal cycle

I'm pretty sure he comes out of the huddle, knows who he wants to throw to, and never checks down the other receivers.

So many times this season he's had receivers wide open waving their arms like they are doing jumping jacks, while he futilely waits for a receiver in double coverage to get open.

I like JG. Tough Kid but he is a technician and not a baller. He needs to make things happen not just sit in the pocket and get smacked. In the pro's with his accuracy he will probably make a very serviceable backup.

PROS??? Really, short of out performing Jesus Christ himself at the combine, this kid has zero shot at the pros. Bray is a far more adapted QB for the pros and cannot get in a game. JG wont even be an UDFA.

JG has tremendous upside. When he has been given time to throw he has been extremely accurate (although, like every QB, I am sure he's missed a few). He also has great arm strength that every QB camp coach has raved about. He will only get better, especially once CJP recruits the type of OL he wants. By the time he is a senior, and I'm praying hopefully sooner, he will be tearing up SEC defenses.

I have seen a lot of great QBs over the years, and I sense the demeanor that sets them apart with JG when he's on the field. We just have to give him time to set and throw. It will come.

Reactions: alaVOL
JG has tremendous upside. When he has been given time to throw he has been extremely accurate (although, like every QB, I am sure he's missed a few). He also has great arm strength that every QB camp coach has raved about. He will only get better, especially once CJP recruits the type of OL he wants. By the time he is a senior, and I'm praying hopefully sooner, he will be tearing up SEC defenses.

I have seen a lot of great QBs over the years, and I sense the demeanor that sets them apart with JG when he's on the field. We just have to give him time to set and throw. It will come.

The only SEC D he will tear apart is ours as a senior, cause he will be scout team QB after being recruited over. The learning curve is too steep for him and we do not have the time it takes to let him learn.

VN Store

Back