*****Jeremy Pruitt weekly press conference at noon (Notes and Video)

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member

-Hard to have success with six turnovers.

-Ball security is something we work on every single day, it's been an empasis, but we'll continue to work on it.

-We had several guys on defense that played their best game.

-We need to finish on the ball in the secondary.

-On offense, we had opportunities to create explosive plays but didn't come down with the ball. We need to improve in the run game. This was by far our worst game running the football. We have to finish blocks and backs need to fall forward. We need to protect better and quarterbacks need to get the ball out quicker. Need to coach better.

-In the kicking game, we had a penalty and a fumble. Kickoff coverage was pretty good.

-Players were in our office watching tape. Players organized it. Saw some ownership that's exciting. As more adversity hit, some guys tried to play their best. We need to not create adversity ourselves.

-Sapp came to meet with CJP yesterday. One mistake, everybody makes mistakes. We're gonna move on and go from there. He's seen things like this happen before, or things like guys not showing up for practice. But Sapp has been a good student and a good leader for our team.

-JG is back at it. He was throwing balls. A lot of our guys are itching to get going again, which is a good thing. Everyone is disappointed and nobody is more disappointed than the men in this building.

-Doesn't think the hit on JG was intentional. Didn't send anything to SEC.

-Worked with Kirby for six years. Good coach. Focuses on details. He's a good scheme guy. You can see it in their football program.

-We had more explosive plays than UF. We had 8 and they had 7. Thinks we need to be more productive on 1st down. It's hard to judge what the offense can do when we turn it over.

-Saw guys trying to rise to the occasion after we were down 14-3. Pruitt saw guys trying to find a way. You find out about yourself when adversity hits. Again, some guys played their best football Saturday, but it takes all 11.

-UGA is big and physical. Fromm is probably the most efficient QB he played against last year. They are one of the best teams in the country on offense. Very good team all around.

-Mincey got dinged up in warmups Saturday. Hurt his elbow, but the news seems good. He could have played but was held out.

-Chance Hall hasn't played the last two weeks but hope he can play this week.

-We didn't finish on the o-line as the game wore on, not as well as we did early in the game. We can't have negative plays. We have to fall forward. You aren't going to bounce outside and break runs against good football teams very often. Need to follow our block.

-Trey Smith was seen limping on Saturday, but he's fine.

-Buchanan played one of his better games. He played a lot of press coverage and guarded guys really well. He's gaining confidence.

-After the fumble told Pope, that play is over, let's move on and play the next play. He was trying to put his second hand on the ball and lost it. We want to be aggressive.

/end

Last edited:
Where’s the best place to watch Freak? Didn’t see anything on utsports.com
The knoxnews link posted above is the only one I've seen. I'm listening on WNML.

I like JP but you give a guy mid level SEC talent, 30 million dollar facility to practice, 6 million in coaching salaries, 9 months to prepare then fill the stadium with 100,000 plus and what I saw Saturday is the result? Of course the guy is going to take some heat. Non-competitive is the only word to describe it. And on top of that, a win was not demanded or expected. Not calling for his head, the change coach train has left the station years ago.

I don’t think Jeremy truly had any earthly idea what an immensely difficult job this would be when he accepted it. He’s gotta completely change this culture, flip it around if he’s gonna have ANY success. Roster is full of a bunch of entitled losers who have no idea how to give the type of effort needed to win here. I’m convinced he’s gotta completely turn this roster over as soon as humanly possible. I don’t think he’s got more than 10-12 guys (maybe) that he ultimately needs in the program at the moment to win here.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back