Jeremy Pruitt praises Vol Nation, says Tennessee not 'even close to playing our best football' following Auburn win

He's right, we made a few mistakes and the run game has to get better and less predictable. We made the big plays we needed to and this game was won on 3rd down and long for us.
This. Still can't believe all those 3rd downs worked out. We can't continue to lean on that though. Wr need to pass more and open the run

That touchdown wouldn't have been so meaningless had Auburn covered the ensuing on-side kick. I didn't start breathing until Jennings covered the ball. Had Auburn gotten it, they would have had enough time to throw into the end zone more than once - and we're all aware of how we can lose on a Hail Mary.
EXACTLY...!!
As the game clock wound down, the GF watching with me made a comment about how "it's over, we won.." until I described exactly that scenario to her and explained how easy it would have been for this to have wound up being a "gutsy comeback" on the part of our Vols... that fell apart at the critical moment, rather than a WIN..!!
I'm not trying to second guess the defense calls, but it did appear that we were in a "prevent" defense, giving up all the close stuff and essentially conceding that last TD.

Reactions: LexVol71

VN Store

Back