Jeremy Banks to LB?

All I know is he loves contact and loves for the crowd to be loud. Sounds like defense is a good spot for him especially since he is struggling to hold on to the ball.. Dude got skills at RB tho

Reactions: FïreBall
I think that might be his best position. He has a lot of problems with ball control. I think he has the kind of speed and size that would be valuable at that position.

Since when does Houston Kress have credibility?? Personally I'm going to have to hear it from other more credible sources before I believe the report..

Reactions: griffdog14
I'd like to see him at FB the rest of this year. He wouldn't lose touch w the RBs and he would get to play more.

Anyone else see the Houston Kress report Banks getting a look at Linebacker?

If he moved to linebacker, then his fumbling issues would go away. I remember we had Jamaal Lewis, Dominique Stevenson, Travis Henry & Travis Stephens at tailback. Fulmer moved Dominique Stevenson to L.B. Our running game still shined and Stevenson was drafted by Buffalo and played around 5 or 6 years in the NFL. That was a good move for everyone.
Jason Witten started out on the D. Line but was moved to tight end and that worked out well for everyone also.

Al Wilson came in as a linebacker. Maybe you’re referencing Eric Westmoreland?

Alvin Toles is the one that I think of as the best example. Pretty sure he played his FR year at running back, and after making almost every tackle on the punt team they moved him to LB where he was a star and future NFL player. You are correct about Wilson, I don't think he ever played RB here. Not sure Westmoreland did, either.

I trust CJP. If he switches him, then I'm 100% for it. Banks has fire and maybe defense could be his true calling.

The problem is a)the kid has talent at RB...b)we will be down to two scholarship backs in the spring if he moves...c)we currently don’t have another back committed, nor are we favored for any

UT commitment Aaron Beasley, listed as an Athlete (6' 0.5" - 220 lbs), is most likely going to be tried at running back first, but I think we need another true running back added before it's all over. Most likely would be a flip of Eric Gray (5' 10" - 193 lbs) listed as an APB from Memphis currently committed to Michigan. IMO

Last edited:

Well........he is a bull in a China Shop. He just hasn’t found a compromise between being hyper-aggressive and discipline. Plays like a wild man......which is good. However, we know about the fumbles... Against Bama, we saw him 1) accidentally get hit by our onside kick, 2) he caught it, then 3) fumbled it when he hit the ground. 4) Loss of possession.

We saw him take a carry at the goal line, he ran threw a guy, got tackled, jumped up, got in the face of another Bama player and started yelling at him........ Unsportsmanlike conduct penalty......🙁

Last edited:
surely Coach Pruitt is no fool...bad move...let him stay at RB...we'll be glad later on...

GO VOLS...BEAT GAMECOCKS!

Chief took a bunch of high school tailbacks and made them really good college linebackers. Dominique Stevenson, Eric Westmoreland, the kid from South Pittsburgh (Eddie Moore, I think), Al Wilson, and there's several more; I'm having a senior moment........

I say leave the kid at RB and let him develop....some of you guys are pouncing on a freshman and expecting NFL results these kids 1st year which is ridiculous....give this kid time to develop.

He gives his all for Tennessee and tries to get every yard he can...one day some of you brag about him and the next day is trash time...
I don't really take it as pouncing, I am excited he may get a chance at LB. His energy is wasted on special teams alone. He has a fire we need all of our players to have. I do think he will be a special player here on one side of the ball or maybe both.

I think in today's football with defense being at a premium, if a player looks like he has top defensive potential then it is worth a look. I think Banks definitely has the physical tools to be a great linebacker, but that's the extent of my opinion. I'm not all that knowledgeable about what it takes to play linebacker at this level

The problem is a)the kid has talent at RB...b)we will be down to two scholarship backs in the spring if he moves...c)we currently don’t have another back committed, nor are we favored for any
A) Alontae Taylor has talent at WR.
B) Good point
C) Aaron Beasley committed; Eric Gray looking good.

If this were true and Banks wanted to make a change I would be 100 % behind the kid but it's not something you do this far into the season anyway...maybe talk about it with him in the off season.

But, I though Pruitt said he wanted bigger backs

He does want bigger backs.
But kid has slippery hands.

He has long arms and he's not natural with "3 points of contact" during ball security.

I would also like to see him get a look at LB

VN Store

Back