Jeremy Bama Pruitt Nega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All those for, Bama, Learning on the Job Pruitt, beware. You are not welcome here, lol. I kid, I know he is a Bama fan, but I believe him when he says his name is on the program and that he is all in here at UT. Anyway, don't be surprised at the comments you see, and don't be mad because we disagree with your rosey outlook on the new coach. Let's get this cold bucket of water prepared to be poured on all you sunshine CJP pumpers out there ( and there seems to be a ton of you ).

CJP will not be here at UT 4 years from now. The most likely thing that will happen, the losses will mount, and he gone. My psychic powers suggest that in year 3 the name "CJBP" will be how CJP is labeled.

If by small chance, the inexperienced, CJP wins here at UT, there is a good chance he will leave for Bama.

I hope for the best, but I can not neglect my rational ( and psychic :) ) powers, and join up with you pumpers. Rationally think about this hire. After you meditate on it, weigh out the evidence for and against him here at UT, and if you will be an honest judge, I think you will see that this most likely will not end well. Once again, most likely, his inexperience will cost him. Too many mistakes, too many errors in teaching all 3 phases of the game, will cost him. The more experienced coaches will leave him scratching his head and swimming in a pool of despair.

Go Vols

How do you know that he stays a Bama Fan? If you are saying that growing up and playing ball in Bama means you are a Bama fan forever, then I guess that I fill that bill and to you I say FO.

If by small chance....... WTF, if this guy doesn't have an up and comer resume I don't know who does. If he can't up and come here at UT, then WE have a problem, not him. I think that at this point in time, he will get at least as long as Lyle and probably longer.

If he wins here, he will stay here. Dabo will bolt for AL as soon as Satan retires. Satan will be out before CJP's first contract is up. If Satan wins the NC this year, I could see him gone next year. JMO

You are predicting a bad ending based on bias alone. Everyone has to come from somewhere and not every good coach goes back to their Alma mater. You are trying to be funny but this **** is getting old.

Edit: Jason, didn't see your post. You said it a little nicer than I can.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Just like most that start threads, I didn't want by opinion to be swallowed up in a sea of others.

I think I remember you. You are one of the very few on here that actually understand the game of football to a degree. We had a conversation about a game at the beginning of the year and I was surprised to see someone that kinda gets it. Did you play or coach?

I played a little, wasnt very good. I coached a couple of years of pee wee football. Thats all, not a very extensive history. Sounds odd, but i think my understanding of the game comes from listening on the radio growing up. I had to work alot, so we had John Ward on the speaking on the back of our tailor hauling hay and such. Listening on the radio, you have to visualize everything on the field so watch on tv makes it a million times easier to understand.

Reactions: 1 person
Oh, we'll definitely give him a chance. Honestly, I'm excited to see what he brings to the table. For some reason, all new head coaching hires seem to bring a measure of excitement.

But, rationally, and if I'm betting my life savings, I'm betting CJP will not make it here.

If you are betting your life savings on ANYTHING to do with UT Football you need help in the worst way......figuratively speaking.

Here is the best way I know to describe my thoughts on Pruitt...

Imagine is job is to bake a cake.. He has all the ingredients needed. He has a recipe he learned from other great bakers. He has worked with other bakers and watched them bake cakes, but he has never baked one by himself. He's never had to put the ingredients together in the correct order. He's never had to decide how much of each ingredient to use. He's never had to set the timer or the temperature on the oven.. and the oven he has now is completely different than what he is used to.

If he tries to use the Alabama recipe in the Tennessee oven, he will fail.

He has to find his own recipe to use in his new oven. This can only be developed through the "trial and error" process. Try one thing, see what works and what doesn't, make changes and try again...

I think he will be a great head coach one day.. but if that day doesn't come in 4-5 years, it won't be at Tennessee.

Ok for starters no there is not a good chance he would leave for Ala. When Saban retires it will be Dabo next in line. He will be top choice and yes he would take the job. So that talk can end now. It's sad because it comes across as you wanting and hoping that he fails here. What gives you any indication that he will fail as a HC because it's his first HC job. Let me give you some names of coordinator's that got big time jobs as their first HC job. Stop me if none of these names don't wring a bell...Phillip Fulmer, Dabo Sweeney, Jimbo Fisher, Mark Richt, Kirby Smart, Kyle Whittington, Chip Kelly, David Shaw, Gary Patterson, Mike Gundy, Barry Alvarez,L Lincoln Riley, Chris Peterson. All who won as first year HC's and have maintained. I'll be more than glad to continue adding more names.W would you have been against hiring Steve Spurrier or David Cutcliff? One is a Fla Grad and the other is a Bama grad. I will be more than happy to place any wager you want on how he fares at TN. If he's not here in 4-5 years it will be because of the success he had not the mounting of losses. Any wager you just let me know. Truth be told if you can't support our Coach now then don't start doing it when he has us winning regularly. Nobody wants bandwagon fans. So please go find someone else to pull for. No true fan can practically sit there and get off at the thought of HP failing and having to go through all this again. You are not a true fan. I bet you are one of those that comes around during the good times but disappears during the bad. Or during the bad just sit around and hope and pray our coach fails. That's about as sad and Shady as it gets. I can also assure you he won't let being an Ala grad and for assistant there hinder the job he will do here. Very rarely do coach's end up as a HC at their Alma Mater anyway. Yes it does happen but not very often. If bias got in their way very few coach's would have much success. Here's the Pro's vs Con's..

Pro's
Great Recruiter
Great at developing talent
His players have loved him at every stop he's been at and players would run through walls for him.
Has HS connections all over the country and is very well respected among his peers.
Has coached and learned under Saban, Richt and Jimbo Fisher.
He's a tireless worker and recruiter.
He's has connections and can and is bringing some of the best coach's and recruiter's in college football.
He's a southern boy..born and raised.
His Dad is a HS and Coach and he eats, sleeps and breath's college football.
He is hard nosed and will not cater to the players. He will get the absolute best out of each one of them.
He's a family man and would not sacrifice his career just to help run TN into the ground. And can't believe that even has to be mentioned to some of our fans.
His Defense's have never been outside of the top 15-16 in the country at any of his coaching stops. He was Saban's right hand man from running his defense, to player development and numerous other jobs that Saban trusted him enough to handle all he put on him.
No stupid clichés and no history of physical or mental abuse towards players or staff unlike the last HC we had in here.
Just got a recommitment from Alontae Taylor

Cons-
Is a Bammer
Never been a HC

Do tell what else you would add to the Cons list. Because I damn sure can't. And I'm being very unbiast. If there are other cons please tell me and I'll gladly add them. So basically all the evidence points to just not supporting him because he played at Ala for 2 years and has coached there. Sounds like a legitimate reason to not support and pull for him to fail. That's pretty a pretty sad way to look at the team you call yourself a fan of. So I'll be waiting to hear the other cons and what wager you wanna place. Will be an easy bet for me to win so you may wanna make sure it's nothing you mind losing. But I'm begging you to please go pull for someone else. The players deserve better. I'll be glad to help you find a new team. Go Vols!!

That last one right there trumps everything in your positive column. Never been a head coach. He has never won a game, never. You will find in your pursuit of first year head coaches, that their ability to win championships, the percentage is very very small. I'll even dumb it down to conference championships. Still, a small percentage of first time head coaches are able to pull that off. There are literally tons and tons of first time head coaches that have been fired for not winning enough. Tons. The percentages are in my favor

Just like most that start threads, I didn't want by opinion to be swallowed up in a sea of others.

I think I remember you. You are one of the very few on here that actually understand the game of football to a degree. We had a conversation about a game at the beginning of the year and I was surprised to see someone that kinda gets it. Did you play or coach?

Yep, the pressure just dropped enough in the room that my ears popped.

Fair points. I agree about the defense. He should have us playing really good on that side. But, if he doesn't, this could be a disaster.

Recruiting? I was fine with Butch's recruiting. I for one think UT has plenty of talent. Recruiting should never be a problem at UT. Look at the passion. Look at all the traditions. Look at the game day experience. All A+.

Expectations? I think Butch wanted to win as bad as any fan. I think he gave it his all, he just wasn't good enough. Too much learning on the job at a job where not much time, or good will with the fans, is given.

Butch has been a HC long enough for there not to be much learning on the job. His recruiting was good but nowhere near great or elite. He benefited from legacy players early on and was able to sign such large classes most of the yrs he was here and that kind of skewed our ranking.The 5* players were few and far between and a lot of the 4* guys either transferred out before showing what they could do but we're trying to get the hell away from Butch. And he's had more than his swing and misses on some of the higher rated recruits. The most logical answer was he nor his staff were below average at developing talent. He wasn't the most well liked coach by his players and you aren't gonna get kids to bust their a$$ for you if they don't like or trust you. There was a reason so many players continued leaving before even getting the chance to earn playing time. That won't ever be an issue under JP. The

How do you know that he stays a Bama Fan? If you are saying that growing up and playing ball in Bama means you are a Bama fan forever, then I guess that I fill that bill and to you I say FO.

If by small chance....... WTF, if this guy doesn't have an up and comer resume I don't know who does. If he can't up and come here at UT, then WE have a problem, not him. I think that at this point in time, he will get at least as long as Lyle and probably longer.

If he wins here, he will stay here. Dabo will bolt for AL as soon as Satan retires. Satan will be out before CJP's first contract is up. If Satan wins the NC this year, I could see him gone next year. JMO

You are predicting a bad ending based on bias alone. Everyone has to come from somewhere and not every good coach goes back to their Alma mater. You are trying to be funny but this **** is getting old.

No bias. First time head coach winning championships. Check the stats as best you can. Many many fail in general ( having been given numerous head jobs ), let alone for the first time.

Everyone runs to win the prize, only a few get there. Like I said earlier, the percentages, the evidence, is on my side.

All those for, Bama, Learning on the Job Pruitt, beware. You are not welcome here, lol. I kid, I know he is a Bama fan, but I believe him when he says his name is on the program and that he is all in here at UT. Anyway, don't be surprised at the comments you see, and don't be mad because we disagree with your rosey outlook on the new coach. Let's get this cold bucket of water prepared to be poured on all you sunshine CJP pumpers out there ( and there seems to be a ton of you ).

CJP will not be here at UT 4 years from now. The most likely thing that will happen, the losses will mount, and he gone. My psychic powers suggest that in year 3 the name "CJBP" will be how CJP is labeled.

If by small chance, the inexperienced, CJP wins here at UT, there is a good chance he will leave for Bama.

I hope for the best, but I can not neglect my rational ( and psychic :) ) powers, and join up with you pumpers. Rationally think about this hire. After you meditate on it, weigh out the evidence for and against him here at UT, and if you will be an honest judge, I think you will see that this most likely will not end well. Once again, most likely, his inexperience will cost him. Too many mistakes, too many errors in teaching all 3 phases of the game, will cost him. The more experienced coaches will leave him scratching his head and swimming in a pool of despair.

Go Vols
Then go cheer for another team. You do know alot of the good coaches now were not a head coach when they got their jobs. Someone smart enough gave them a chance. But what your saying then Dooley and Butch Jones should of been great at Tennessee because they were head coaches when they too the UT job. I will tell you right now. I would take Pruitt over either one of those sorry coaches.

I'm trying to think of a HFC who went from his former life as a player directly to the HFC. There isn't any. At some point, all successful HFC were an assistant of some type.
They did well, and eventually got their shot to be the HFC. Pruitt's no different.

Is he going to make mistakes......hell yes. It's crazy to think otherwise. He's a first year HFC.

On the other hand, Dooley, Jones, Kiffin who all had HFC experience still made mistakes. Tons of mistakes. See the difference there?

As far as him running off to Bama.....anything's possible in the future. But declaring him a failure because of that concern is like worrying about paying tax after you won powerball. You're worrying for the sake of worrying. On the positive side, I don't think anyone was every worried about the previous 2 coaches being swept up by someone else. See the difference there?

Didn't you watch Rosemary's Baby? Where do you think Saban came from?

That last one right there trumps everything in your positive column. Never been a head coach. He has never won a game, never. You will find in your pursuit of first year head coaches, that their ability to win championships, the percentage is very very small. I'll even dumb it down to conference championships. Still, a small percentage of first time head coaches are able to pull that off. There are literally tons and tons of first time head coaches that have been fired for not winning enough. Tons. The percentages are in my favor

Newsflash pal. Saban couldn’t win a sec title here next year, let alone a natty.

I think borovol calls it bargain shopping for coaches. I guess as far as bargain shopping goes, we got a good candidate.

I'm of the opinion that we have got to quit bargain shopping for head coaches. Get a proven winner, and most likely, you are gonna have to pay that man!

We bargain shopped for Dooley. We bargain shopped for Jones. We bargain shopped for Pruitt. Geez, if you are gonna bargain shop, why not at some point in time, give Tennessee blood a chance??? We are giving coaches a chance to match wits with the best in the sec, and to learn on the job, give Tennessee blood a chance in this bargain shopping barrage.

In this opinion you failed to name one coach that would have come here or ANY UT Blood that was qualified.

Steele’s prior run as a HC is enough to make me pass on him. I’d rather take the chance on a younger, fiery coach like JP. I’m excited but I could be wrong. Pruitt has been around winning programs and winning coaches. I would like to think he learned a whole lot.

And Tee isn't remotely qualified to be a HC in the SEC.

Then go cheer for another team. You do know alot of the good coaches now were not a head coach when they got their jobs. Someone smart enough gave them a chance. But what your saying then Dooley and Butch Jones should of been great at Tennessee because they were head coaches when they too the UT job. I will tell you right now. I would take Pruitt over either one of those sorry coaches.

Dooley and Butch aren't my idea of proven winner's. They were winner's, but I don't know about proven. They won at places where the coaching level is nowhere near the caliber of the sec. It would be like taking the manager of the local dollar store and making him the manager of the Walmart in Sevier County ( a very a very heavy traffic Walmart ).

No bias. First time head coach winning championships. Check the stats as best you can. Many many fail in general ( having been given numerous head jobs ), let alone for the first time.

Everyone runs to win the prize, only a few get there. Like I said earlier, the percentages, the evidence, is on my side.

Fulmer comes to mind.

Dabo comes to mind.

Good chance Smart can do it.

Last edited:
One of LSU's most valued commodities and recruiters just left Baton Rouge to be at Tennessee (In the exact same capacity) because he believe's in Coach Pruitt's potential. I'll take his opinion over yours any day.

Sources: LSU general manager Austin Thomas leaving for same position at Tennessee | LSU | theadvocate.com

That's fine. Coach shoop left Penn State to come here under Butch. It works both ways. I'm sure others have left positions to go elsewhere at same position only to be axed along with the coach.

I didn't say anything about winning a championship their first year. Unless you're Ala then the championships are few and far between anyway. There is just as good of a chance of him being successful as their is to not. But their is nothing in his career that says he would ever fail because he never has. I'll take that chance any day of the week or a mid major coach who capped out at an 8 win average. Tons of fans wanted Chip, Gundy,Frost, Tee,Patterson and Peterson. How many National Championships have they all combined for as HC's. Here's a hint..it looks and sounds like zero. Hell there's tons and tons of veteran HC's that get fired yearly because they aren't winning enough. It's a crap shoot whether they are 20 yr veterans or first year HC's. I just don't understand some fans mentality that are also assuming he won't win and will be doing this again in 4-5 yrs. I'm just asking for evidence that leads people to believe that. Just because he's a Ala Alum some fans are hoping for failure so they can't blame it on him trying to Sabotage TN. Which would be the most stupid thing anyone could come up with. I don't care if he played or coached at Ala, Fla, GA, ND or anywhere else. It has no relevance or bearing on whether he will be successful or unsuccessful. I just cannot wrap my head around fans not getting behind him and praying that he fails. Everyone with that mentality isn't deserving of being a Vol fan and should go find someone else to unloyal to. Hell go pull for Ala, Ga or Fla that would make for perfect match's.

Newsflash pal. Saban couldn’t win a sec title here next year, let alone a natty.

I really want debate this with you, but I won't. You are probably right, but man I'd have a hard time betting against saban. This UT team isn't as bad as our record suggest. Hence, cbj being fired. We have talent.

Dooley and Butch aren't my idea of proven winner's. They were winner's, but I don't know about proven. They won at places where the coaching level is nowhere near the caliber of the sec. It would be like taking the manager of the local dollar store and making him the manager of the Walmart in Sevier County ( a very a very heavy traffic Walmart ).

Dooley didn't have a winning record when he was hired.

I didn't say anything about winning a championship their first year. Unless you're Ala then the championships are few and far between anyway. There is just as good of a chance of him being successful as their is to not. But their is nothing in his career that says he would ever fail because he never has. I'll take that chance any day of the week or a mid major coach who capped out at an 8 win average. Tons of fans wanted Chip, Gundy,Frost, Tee,Patterson and Peterson. How many National Championships have they all combined for as HC's. Here's a hint..it looks and sounds like zero. Hell there's tons and tons of veteran HC's that get fired yearly because they aren't winning enough. It's a crap shoot whether they are 20 yr veterans or first year HC's. I just don't understand some fans mentality that are also assuming he won't win and will be doing this again in 4-5 yrs. I'm just asking for evidence that leads people to believe that. Just because he's a Ala Alum some fans are hoping for failure so they can't blame it on him trying to Sabotage TN. Which would be the most stupid thing anyone could come up with. I don't care if he played or coached at Ala, Fla, GA, ND or anywhere else. It has no relevance or bearing on whether he will be successful or unsuccessful. I just cannot wrap my head around fans not getting behind him and praying that he fails. Everyone with that mentality isn't deserving of being a Vol fan and should go find someone else to unloyal to. Hell go pull for Ala, Ga or Fla that would make for perfect match's.

I want the guy to win. I want UT to win. I simply think he won't win us an sec or national championship. A first time head coach accomplishing that doesn't happen often. Be cautiously optimistic. The evidence suggests he won't meet those expectations. And we expect sec championships

I was going to write a lengthy response about how Pruitt hasn't even coached a game at UT yet, the staff he was assembling, etc. but then I saw that OP lives in Gatlinburg and realized that his discontent was probably just a response to the abject misery that is his daily life, and decided to cut him some slack.

I was going to write a lengthy response about how Pruitt hasn't even coached a game at UT yet, the staff he was assembling, etc. but then I saw that OP lives in Gatlinburg and realized that his discontent was probably just a response to the abject misery that is his daily life, and decided to cut him some slack.

Do you think cjp will win us an sec title in the next 5 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back