Jeremy Bama Pruitt Nega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm joking about the psychic powers hahaha. I gotta have a sense of humor with this thread. I know whats coming :)

You know what’s coming? Of course you do, you’re psychic!

Message boards run on opinions and a$$holes. Volnation is overflowing with both. Carry on...GBO!

Reactions: 6 people
If you haven't already seen it, former News Sentinel editor, Marvin West, has a compelling counter-argument to your perspective: Experience on the fly - Knox TN Today.

"From the original assessment, Fulmer said he liked Pruitt’s energy, enthusiasm, background and intensity. 'I like my chances with this coach.'

Me too."

Reactions: 2 people
All the "evidence" points to him being a solid coach. It was only a matter of time before another team picked this guy up and give him a shot.
He is assembling a solid coaching staff in a short period of time and see no reason why he will fail.
Its not like the guy doesnt have any experience in the SEC or has no clue how to coach

I see what you are saying. I worry about this staff offensively, and special teams. I think most do.

Here's where I'm different. I actually kind of worry about this staff defensively too. CJP worked with saban some, but kirby was the def coordinator when saban built that Bama defense. I hope CJP learned everything he could possibly learn from saban all those years. Most as lbs coach, but the last two as coordinator. Like you say, defensively, the evidence is there that he could bring us a top notch defense. I sure hope so, because most are worried about the other side of the ball. And, people often forget about special teams. Remember, special teams was a disaster under Dooley. It cost us games

Reactions: 1 person
Rule of thumb is to hire a coordinator if everything is running smoothly and the team is in good shape and hire a head coach if the program has been gutted.
Seems like our administrationbelieves that all the pieces are there. Therefore, I expect at least 8-4.

Hope your thread does well and rivals the Gruden thread.

Good luck.....

Rule of thumb is to hire a coordinator if everything is running smoothly and the team is in good shape and hire a head coach if the program has been gutted.
Seems like our administrationbelieves that all the pieces are there. Therefore, I expect at least 8-4.

Lol. You are going to have a rough season next year.

I see what you are saying. I worry about this staff offensively, and special teams. I think most do.

Here's where I'm different. I actually kind of worry about this staff defensively too. CJP worked with saban some, but kirby was the def coordinator when saban built that Bama defense. I hope CJP learned everything he could possibly learn from saban all those years. Most as lbs coach, but the last two as coordinator. Like you say, defensively, the evidence is there that he could bring us a top notch defense. I sure hope so, because most are worried about the other side of the ball. And, people often forget about special teams. Remember, special teams was a disaster under Dooley. It cost us games

Pruitt won 2-3 National Championships on Sabans staff as a DB coach. He was there for the building of Sabans defenses as well.

Smart walked into a loaded roster at Georgia, He woun't be that successful in the long run. We will see what he is realyl worth in 3-4 years when it is all on him.

I'm trying to think of a HFC who went from his former life as a player directly to the HFC. There isn't any. At some point, all successful HFC were an assistant of some type.
They did well, and eventually got their shot to be the HFC. Pruitt's no different.

Is he going to make mistakes......hell yes. It's crazy to think otherwise. He's a first year HFC.

On the other hand, Dooley, Jones, Kiffin who all had HFC experience still made mistakes. Tons of mistakes. See the difference there?

As far as him running off to Bama.....anything's possible in the future. But declaring him a failure because of that concern is like worrying about paying tax after you won powerball. You're worrying for the sake of worrying. On the positive side, I don't think anyone was every worried about the previous 2 coaches being swept up by someone else. See the difference there?

All those for, Bama, Learning on the Job Pruitt, beware. You are not welcome here, lol. I kid, I know he is a Bama fan, but I believe him when he says his name is on the program and that he is all in here at UT. Anyway, don't be surprised at the comments you see, and don't be mad because we disagree with your rosey outlook on the new coach. Let's get this cold bucket of water prepared to be poured on all you sunshine CJP pumpers out there ( and there seems to be a ton of you ).

CJP will not be here at UT 4 years from now. The most likely thing that will happen, the losses will mount, and he gone. My psychic powers suggest that in year 3 the name "CJBP" will be how CJP is labeled.

If by small chance, the inexperienced, CJP wins here at UT, there is a good chance he will leave for Bama.

I hope for the best, but I can not neglect my rational ( and psychic :) ) powers, and join up with you pumpers. Rationally think about this hire. After you meditate on it, weigh out the evidence for and against him here at UT, and if you will be an honest judge, I think you will see that this most likely will not end well. Once again, most likely, his inexperience will cost him. Too many mistakes, too many errors in teaching all 3 phases of the game, will cost him. The more experienced coaches will leave him scratching his head and swimming in a pool of despair.

Go Vols

I can understand the desire to pump the brakes a bit, especially since we are like battered fans once again getting hitched up to a new coach. That said, I do not think pessimism should be entertained here.

Unlike the past 2 coaches, CJP has been on NC level teams (in 3 different programs), calling the plays for at least 1 side of the ball. I cant imagine why anyone would doubt that our D is going to become massively better very soon. Will he be able to fix the offense as well? remains to be seen but the people he is bringing in seem to be well qualified for the job.

As to recruiting? again, CJP is one of the top in the country and many of the staff he is hiring are top recruiters as well.

And perhaps one of the biggest elements...expectations. Unlike Butch, who had previously enjoyed fair success at a mid major program and did not really know what it was like to compete in the SEC, much less the harsh glare of the NC spotlight - Pruitt has a very clear understanding what expectations are in this league.

I think borovol calls it bargain shopping for coaches. I guess as far as bargain shopping goes, we got a good candidate.

I'm of the opinion that we have got to quit bargain shopping for head coaches. Get a proven winner, and most likely, you are gonna have to pay that man!

We bargain shopped for Dooley. We bargain shopped for Jones. We bargain shopped for Pruitt. Geez, if you are gonna bargain shop, why not at some point in time, give Tennessee blood a chance??? We are giving coaches a chance to match wits with the best in the sec, and to learn on the job, give Tennessee blood a chance in this bargain shopping barrage.

Reactions: 3 people
I think borovol calls it bargain shopping for coaches. I guess as far as bargain shopping goes, we got a good candidate.

I'm of the opinion that we have got to quit bargain shopping for head coaches. Get a proven winner, and most likely, you are gonna have to pay that man!

We bargain shopped for Dooley. We bargain shopped for Jones. We bargain shopped for Pruitt. Geez, if you are gonna bargain shop, why not at some point in time, give Tennessee blood a chance??? We are giving coaches a chance to match wits with the best in the sec, and to learn on the job, give Tennessee blood a chance in this bargain shopping barrage.

The problem is after the circus we put on, bargain shopping was our only option. Given the scenario, I think we cane out ok. Time will tell. And if your referring to Tee, give it up. His resume is light years behind Pruitt’s. Pruitt has been a part of multiple winning programs and coaching staffs. Granted we took somewhat of a chance, I believe Pruitt would have been getting offered many coaching jobs in the next year or two. We decided to take the chance first. I have faith but I’m also realistic. Our team is a mess. May not be pretty next year.

I can understand the desire to pump the brakes a bit, especially since we are like battered fans once again getting hitched up to a new coach. That said, I do not think pessimism should be entertained here.

Unlike the past 2 coaches, CJP has been on NC level teams (in 3 different programs), calling the plays for at least 1 side of the ball. I cant imagine why anyone would doubt that our D is going to become massively better very soon. Will he be able to fix the offense as well? remains to be seen but the people he is bringing in seem to be well qualified for the job.

As to recruiting? again, CJP is one of the top in the country and many of the staff he is hiring are top recruiters as well.

And perhaps one of the biggest elements...expectations. Unlike Butch, who had previously enjoyed fair success at a mid major program and did not really know what it was like to compete in the SEC, much less the harsh glare of the NC spotlight - Pruitt has a very clear understanding what expectations are in this league.

Fair points. I agree about the defense. He should have us playing really good on that side. But, if he doesn't, this could be a disaster.

Recruiting? I was fine with Butch's recruiting. I for one think UT has plenty of talent. Recruiting should never be a problem at UT. Look at the passion. Look at all the traditions. Look at the game day experience. All A+.

Expectations? I think Butch wanted to win as bad as any fan. I think he gave it his all, he just wasn't good enough. Too much learning on the job at a job where not much time, or good will with the fans, is given.

The problem is after the circus we put on, bargain shopping was our only option. Given the scenario, I think we cane out ok. Time will tell. And if your referring to Tee, give it up. His resume is light years behind Pruitt’s. Pruitt has been a part of multiple winning programs and coaching staffs. Granted we took somewhat of a chance, I believe Pruitt would have been getting offered many coaching jobs in the next year or two. We decided to take the chance first. I have faith but I’m also realistic. Our team is a mess. May not be pretty next year.

I was actually thinking more Steele. Tennessee blood that is running a stout defense at Auburn. Maybe getting tee here as off coordinator and coach in waiting. Steele is getting up there in age

I was actually thinking more Steele. Tennessee blood that is running a stout defense at Auburn. Maybe getting tee here as off coordinator and coach in waiting. Steele is getting up there in age

Steele’s prior run as a HC is enough to make me pass on him. I’d rather take the chance on a younger, fiery coach like JP. I’m excited but I could be wrong. Pruitt has been around winning programs and winning coaches. I would like to think he learned a whole lot.

Reactions: 2 people
All those for, Bama, Learning on the Job Pruitt, beware. You are not welcome here, lol. I kid, I know he is a Bama fan, but I believe him when he says his name is on the program and that he is all in here at UT. Anyway, don't be surprised at the comments you see, and don't be mad because we disagree with your rosey outlook on the new coach. Let's get this cold bucket of water prepared to be poured on all you sunshine CJP pumpers out there ( and there seems to be a ton of you ).

CJP will not be here at UT 4 years from now. The most likely thing that will happen, the losses will mount, and he gone. My psychic powers suggest that in year 3 the name "CJBP" will be how CJP is labeled.

If by small chance, the inexperienced, CJP wins here at UT, there is a good chance he will leave for Bama.

I hope for the best, but I can not neglect my rational ( and psychic :) ) powers, and join up with you pumpers. Rationally think about this hire. After you meditate on it, weigh out the evidence for and against him here at UT, and if you will be an honest judge, I think you will see that this most likely will not end well. Once again, most likely, his inexperience will cost him. Too many mistakes, too many errors in teaching all 3 phases of the game, will cost him. The more experienced coaches will leave him scratching his head and swimming in a pool of despair.

Go Vols

Ok for starters no there is not a good chance he would leave for Ala. When Saban retires it will be Dabo next in line. He will be top choice and yes he would take the job. So that talk can end now. It's sad because it comes across as you wanting and hoping that he fails here. What gives you any indication that he will fail as a HC because it's his first HC job. Let me give you some names of coordinator's that got big time jobs as their first HC job. Stop me if none of these names don't wring a bell...Phillip Fulmer, Dabo Sweeney, Jimbo Fisher, Mark Richt, Kirby Smart, Kyle Whittington, Chip Kelly, David Shaw, Gary Patterson, Mike Gundy, Barry Alvarez,L Lincoln Riley, Chris Peterson. All who won as first year HC's and have maintained. I'll be more than glad to continue adding more names.W would you have been against hiring Steve Spurrier or David Cutcliff? One is a Fla Grad and the other is a Bama grad. I will be more than happy to place any wager you want on how he fares at TN. If he's not here in 4-5 years it will be because of the success he had not the mounting of losses. Any wager you just let me know. Truth be told if you can't support our Coach now then don't start doing it when he has us winning regularly. Nobody wants bandwagon fans. So please go find someone else to pull for. No true fan can practically sit there and get off at the thought of HP failing and having to go through all this again. You are not a true fan. I bet you are one of those that comes around during the good times but disappears during the bad. Or during the bad just sit around and hope and pray our coach fails. That's about as sad and Shady as it gets. I can also assure you he won't let being an Ala grad and for assistant there hinder the job he will do here. Very rarely do coach's end up as a HC at their Alma Mater anyway. Yes it does happen but not very often. If bias got in their way very few coach's would have much success. Here's the Pro's vs Con's..

Pro's
Great Recruiter
Great at developing talent
His players have loved him at every stop he's been at and players would run through walls for him.
Has HS connections all over the country and is very well respected among his peers.
Has coached and learned under Saban, Richt and Jimbo Fisher.
He's a tireless worker and recruiter.
He's has connections and can and is bringing some of the best coach's and recruiter's in college football.
He's a southern boy..born and raised.
His Dad is a HS and Coach and he eats, sleeps and breath's college football.
He is hard nosed and will not cater to the players. He will get the absolute best out of each one of them.
He's a family man and would not sacrifice his career just to help run TN into the ground. And can't believe that even has to be mentioned to some of our fans.
His Defense's have never been outside of the top 15-16 in the country at any of his coaching stops. He was Saban's right hand man from running his defense, to player development and numerous other jobs that Saban trusted him enough to handle all he put on him.
No stupid clichés and no history of physical or mental abuse towards players or staff unlike the last HC we had in here.
Just got a recommitment from Alontae Taylor

Cons-
Is a Bammer
Never been a HC

Do tell what else you would add to the Cons list. Because I damn sure can't. And I'm being very unbiast. If there are other cons please tell me and I'll gladly add them. So basically all the evidence points to just not supporting him because he played at Ala for 2 years and has coached there. Sounds like a legitimate reason to not support and pull for him to fail. That's pretty a pretty sad way to look at the team you call yourself a fan of. So I'll be waiting to hear the other cons and what wager you wanna place. Will be an easy bet for me to win so you may wanna make sure it's nothing you mind losing. But I'm begging you to please go pull for someone else. The players deserve better. I'll be glad to help you find a new team. Go Vols!!

Reactions: 6 people
Negativity is poisness and toxic... Speaks volumes about an individual.
Change that attitude and become positive.

Oh, we'll definitely give him a chance. Honestly, I'm excited to see what he brings to the table. For some reason, all new head coaching hires seem to bring a measure of excitement.

But, rationally, and if I'm betting my life savings, I'm betting CJP will not make it here.

I'm on the opposite side of it. He's got a much better assistant coach in resume than Chip Kelly, Kirby Smart, Dabo and the majority of other successful first time HC's. There's nothing in his body of work as a coach that says he won't succeed. He's won everywhere he's been and that includes his stop at Hoover HS. The word lose is nowhere to be found anywhere on him.

How bout we give this guy a shot? Do it or sulk all year are really the only options you have. If he leads us to another 4 win season next year, then we can start these silly negative threads.

I wish I could delete threads on here.

You can ignore them in PC mode...allow me to demonstrate.
SerpentineSaltyChimpanzee-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: 3 people

Tee wouldn't even fall in the bargain shopping category. His body of work is so tiny unlike Pruitt's. I don't even think Tee is a good OC or WR coach at this point in his career. Tee couldn't even get the GA Southern job why in hell would people think he's ready for a job like TN? Let that sink in. Ga Southern passed on him. Only proven part of Tee's coaching career is his elite recruiting. But hell I could go to USC and recruit myself into the top 20 list of recruiters. And who has Tee learned under that would have him prepared to be the CEO of a university like TN? Wouldn't count Clay Helton he's still learning how to be a HC. And the 2 very short stops at KY and New Mexico aren't exactly great stops to mentor a young coach into being a great HC and CEO. Pruitt has been under Saban, Richt and Fisher. Doesn't get much more impressive than that.

Reactions: 5 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back