It's early, but Mullen isn't exactly lighting it up recruiting at UF

They were also fortunate to get out of Kentucky with a victory. For some reason, the Cats secondary couldn't get lined up at the snap a couple times. Should once again be a match up of two bad teams. Not saying much, but Florida is a winnable game at home.

I think UF is a very winnable game.

History & Tradition are usually only brought up when the present situation sucks.

We usually bring up our lack of tradition in other sports who, unlike our football team, are currently competing for national titles.

(Figured I’d get that in before our underachieving #1 ranked baseball team gets run from the CWS tonight.)

Reactions: 1 person
By the 'judge recruiting by current rank in June standard', Purdue is lighting it up with 15 commits. But ... ya know ... there's a reason you don't judge recruiting by composite rankings in June.

Ehh not bad esp If they add Pittman

Florida 2019 Football Commits

Also not sure why Lucas Krull isn’t on list he’s unranked on composite but 247 apparently loves him they have rated a 92 and 4th best JUCO player in country

Krull is classified as a 2018 recruit and could actually play this year. That’s why he doesn’t show up on your 2019 recruit list

Depends how you rate Doug Dickey. He was pretty successful at Tennessee; much less so at Florida. Otherwise, I'd agree.

Actually, Ray Graves (who played at UT) was far more successful as coach at UF than Dickey. And he did it during a time when UF didn’t resource their athletic programs at all.

Depends how you rate Doug Dickey. He was pretty successful at Tennessee; much less so at Florida. Otherwise, I'd agree.

I've heard so many Florida fans say "I wish you had kept Dickey!" (actually, they usually call him "D***less") All I ever do with that is agree. I don't know why he wasn't successful at Florida but he was great here and left behind a great young team. The 70's would have been much different for us... and I bet Dickey regretted it too.

Tennessee has a more storied football tradition than Florida.

Congrats man, you totally got us beat there. :birgits_giggle:

Uh. Debatable. I remember the pre-Fulmer days. We had success, but was sporadic depending on the coach. I also remember Galen Hall and Charlie Pell days at UF.

We usually bring up our lack of tradition in other sports who, unlike our football team, are currently competing for national titles.

(Figured I’d get that in before our underachieving #1 ranked baseball team gets run from the CWS tonight.)

Nah. Win or Lose UF is baseball is headed up still more.

I’m more interested to see where rank in mid October

I got a gut feeling there’s just SO MUCH more talent on UF offense then any he had at MSU rankings wise of course

Plus Malik Davis is cleared for fall WHAT?!!! Huge news

This kid was an absolute baller as a trufrosh esp on an offense so god awful damn shame it took shark fricker so long to see it he only started 2 games and the rb rotation was so awful smh

Malik Davis: Florida Gator - "Workhorse" Freshman Highlights [HD] - YouTube

Also Kadarious Toney both him and Davis should have been used so much more but I’m 100% positive Mullen is creative enough to get these guys the ball in space he did it from 05-08

Kadarius Toney: Florida Gator - "The Human Joystick" Freshman Highlights [HD] - YouTube

Jordan Scarlett will go beast mode this yr

Dameon Pierce is a stud

Adarius Lemons I like A LOT

Perine is Perine

Hoping guys like Cleveland, Swain, Copeland and Hammond etc get better as year goes on definlitely should with a pro like Billy Gonzalez coaching them

Also kinda hype about Lucas Krull a big Gronk type TE

I would love to see Justin Watkins excel at CB but he’s every bit electric as Copeland as a WR

Not to mention a great new strength staff that built MSU players up well enough they hung with bama till last 60 sec and an entire returning OL that has untapped talent just need the MSU coach who had his super inferior OL push bama around like we haven’t seen a OL push anyone around let alone ****ing BAMA!!

Yep I’m all in on Mullen the man knows offense

Last edited:
I’m more interested to see where rank in mid October

I got a gut feeling there’s just SO MUCH more talent on UF offense then any he had at MSU rankings wise of course

Plus Malik Davis is cleared for fall WHAT?!!! Huge news

This kid was an absolute baller as a trufrosh esp on an offense so god awful damn shame it took shark fricker so long to see it he only started 2 games and the rb rotation was so awful smh

Malik Davis: Florida Gator - "Workhorse" Freshman Highlights [HD] - YouTube

Also Kadarious Toney both him and Davis should have been used so much more but I’m 100% positive Mullen is creative enough to get these guys the ball in space he did it from 05-08

Kadarius Toney: Florida Gator - "The Human Joystick" Freshman Highlights [HD] - YouTube

Was Toney another guy Butch let go? Seems like it's a name I remember. Similar to another WR/RB/return guy you had/have?

Last edited:
If we could get a win this year in Knoxville, this is the best opportunity in a long time to run off a few on these guys.

Any time I read numbers are tight and both sides of the line need attention, I would say that team has cause for concern.

I learned a good lesson last year. Last years spring game Dormady looked fantastic...he only threw I think about a dozen passes but they were flawless laser spirals on the mark, on timing, in stride. I was like we are gonna tear them gators a new one. Then boom reality hit....nothing gives you the real version of a person than pressure....same goes for football players.

Man I hope cord sandberg ends up at UF he was a beast at manatee hs his sr yr threw 35 TDs to only 1 int also ran for like 800 and 10 TD

WON 7A player of the year in FLA

Got drafted by Phillies after sign with MSU chose baseball

He’s truly an ideal fit for Mullen offense

If yOu want take a look for yourself

Cord Sandberg 2012 SR Season Highlights - YouTube

He’s 23 which I like and he could play right away I'd give him decent shot at starting some games late in year

VN Store

Back