IRS admits to targeting Conservative groups

Targeting conservative groups because they are conservative? Or conservative groups disproportionately affected because they happened to apply more at a time when people claiming that exemption were subject to increased scrutiny due to their abuse of the exemption ?

Reactions: 1 person
Targeting conservative groups because they are conservative? Or conservative groups disproportionately affected because they happened to apply more at a time when people claiming that exemption were subject to increased scrutiny due to their abuse of the exemption ?

For one to make that argument, there should be a fairly even ratio of conservative and liberal groups being singled-out. Even if the applications from conservative groups outnumbered liberal groups 10 to 1, the enhanced scrutiny should have applied to roughly similar percentages of both populations. But that's not what happened.

Reactions: 2 people
I've been keeping up with your posts. I like them. So, let it known, I'm adding you to my Christmas card list.

You part of the elite now.

I am honored, I think?......but it is too easy with LG, I must confess....

Last edited:

weak

Funny! That's better than what I had.

It's official - you're a troll.

This has been covered over and over again. The IRS itself admitted it was beyond the difference in number of applications - they deemed the treatment disparate.

You've repeatedly ignored that to trot out this same tired BS explanation.

Reactions: 3 people

Reactions: 2 people

This has been covered over and over again. The IRS itself admitted it was beyond the difference in number of applications - they deemed the treatment disparate.

You've repeatedly ignored that to trot out this same tired BS explanation.

Always has been his MO....

For one to make that argument, there should be a fairly even ratio of conservative and liberal groups being singled-out. Even if the applications from conservative groups outnumbered liberal groups 10 to 1, the enhanced scrutiny should have applied to roughly similar percentages of both populations. But that's not what happened.

Not if 95 percent of the groups applying are these small Tea Party neighborhood yahoos who got the instructions on palin website.

You are still so full of shat.......

Why?

I'm not going to bother to look it up but as I recall the abuse of the "social group" exemption by the Tea Party groups in the relevant time frame was through the roof. Thousands of such fake organizations applied, almost exclusively Tea Party.

Why?

I'm not going to bother to look it up but as I recall the abuse of the "social group" exemption by the Tea Party groups in the relevant time frame was through the roof. Thousands of such fake organizations applied, almost exclusively Tea Party.

You really have to ask.....sad......

Why?

Wrong. Absolutely wrong.

Reactions: 3 people
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6kpXaxc87k[/youtube]

Nice breakdown of why the IRS, and the current occupants of the White House, are fascist scum who believe the Bill of Rights only applies to those who vote for them.

Last edited:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6kpXaxc87k[/youtube]

Nice breakdown of why the IRS, and the current occupants of the White House, are fascist scum who believe the Bill of Rights only applies to those who vote for them.

Very informative and a good breakdown on the sequence of events. Thanks for sharing.

Among the many reasons people are no longer trusting the government that is supposed to be fairly representing them.

Very informative and a good breakdown on the sequence of events. Thanks for sharing.

Among the many reasons people are no longer trusting the government that is supposed to be fairly representing them.

You are right. The only good thing that comes out of this is the fact that long-term prospects for a fully-funded IRS are bleak.

This is the same White House that says trust them with the application of "common sense" restrictions of 2nd Amendment rights, the same rights they purposefully deny to those who live in the communities their party rules.

Last edited:
Hmmm, LG?

Documents indicate IRS officials knew of Tea Party targeting since 2011 | Fox News

A new batch of FBI documents released Thursday by Judicial Watch indicates that several senior Internal Revenue Service (IRS) officials were aware of the targeting of conservative groups almost two years before they told Congress.

Lois Lerner, who oversaw tax-exempt groups for the IRS, and top IRS official Holly Paz "knew that agents were targeting conservative groups for special scrutiny as early as 2011,” the conservative legal advocacy group said in a release Thursday.

The IRS did not respond to requests for comment.

Very cleverly written. The title and the article imply that the lower level staff were paying closer attention to conservative groups based on ideology and that supervisors knew of it as it was going on. But if you read carefully (and I know that when it comes to Fox and Judicial Watch, in particular, you have to be very exact), that is not what this says. It says supervisors became aware of the fact that they were getting closer scrutiny as the controversy came to light, not as it was occurring. Big difference, but I get why Judicial Watch and Fox would obfuscate the difference.

My position remains the same. Get rid of the exemption. No political group can call itself a community group to get the tax break. That way no one can claim they were targeted just because there happened to be so many more of them in a given period than the other side. Eliminates abuse, or a claim of abuse.

VN Store

Back