IRS admits to targeting Conservative groups

That's a bit misleading. The notes show that those organizations were not targeted due to being conservative, but rather political at all, using what was supposed to be an exemption for social groups.

Now, it is true that it might appear that conservative groups were disproportionately affected. But that ignores that it was conservative groups that had latched onto abuse of the exemption en masse at the time.

So yet again, the right stops it analysis just short of where it needs to go to give it proper context.

DgbEdzfW0AAUJks

Reactions: 1 person
Wow, between this and the no vote for Obamacare repeal, I can't forgive you. Sorry I ever voted for you and it's no wonder you didn't win enough presidential votes.

I refused to vote for Johnny in 2008. Just couldn't do it. NEVER have I liked that guy. Couldn't stand to listen to him campaigning and his disingenuous campaign speak.

McCain might actually be the biggest fake in the history of politics. He rode his daddy's coat tails, finished at the bottom of his class at the naval academy, wrecked two planes, got himself shot down (per other US pilots) and captured and then pretended to be a republican.

Reactions: 2 people
But won't admit guilt.

Judge approves $3.5 million settlement from IRS to tea party groups

A judge late Wednesday signed off on the settlement between the IRS and hundreds of tea party groups, closing out the last major legal battle over what all sides now agree was unwarranted and illegal targeting for political purposes.

The IRS agreed to pay $3.5 million to groups that were wronged by the intrusive inspections, and insists it’s made changes so that political targeting can’t occur in the future.

A few issues are still being fought over in the courts — including whether former IRS senior executive Lois G. Lernerwill be allowed to forever shield her deposition explaining her behavior from public view, and whether the IRS should pay attorney fees — but this week’s decision closes out five years of litigation over the targeting itself.

Lois needs to answer the questions before congress. A government employe is answerable to her boss. Takes the 5th, fired with no pension.

So does this mean Barry was wrong when he said he didn’t have a scandal during his presidency or still... nah ?

Reactions: BigOrangeD
Watch Meet the Press this morning? Dianne Feinstein is actually concerned about this. Pretty much said an investigation is needed. I don't like the tea party, but this sure isn't the way to shut them up.

Here I was in 2013, arguing with a Democrat about institutional corruption while lamenting the rise of populism within conservative politics.

My positions haven't changed. They're just hard for partisan extremists to understand.

VN Store

Back