Iraq War = Crusade

People who don't follow evacuation orders can expect to be put in life threatening danger. That's what happened in New Orleans.

I don't think that most Dems want so much an activist. While on the surface, that would appear to be so, it in fact, is not.

Democrats and liberals want there to be a strict interpretation of the laws and constitution as well. The difference is, I think most Dems and libs like the idea of an ever changing judicial system as the times pass and new technology and mediums become available.

We want strict laws and interpretations of those laws. It's just that you have to change and evolve as technology and other mediums of communication and contact with other people, and even maybe(I'm not a UFO-zoink), those from other worlds, evolve as well.

:lolabove:

You are a good time!

:wub:

Using the Sean Hannity Liberal Decoding machine....

The above equals we want the courts to pass every thing that will not pass a vote!

hannity.jpg

Socially, I could care less. (We are either free or we are not)

Otherwise, keep the government out! (The pain that must bring you)

Also, I can't stand Hannity! ( As with rdj, we agree.... grrr......:sick:

*Oh yeah, get out more!

Socially, I could care less. (We are either free or we are not)

Otherwise, keep the government out! (The pain that must bring you)

I still can't understand why that's such a difficult concept. Seems so simple to so many people

I don't think that most Dems want so much an activist. While on the surface, that would appear to be so, it in fact, is not.

Democrats and liberals want there to be a strict interpretation of the laws and constitution as well. The difference is, I think most Dems and libs like the idea of an ever changing judicial system as the times pass and new technology and mediums become available.

We want strict laws and interpretations of those laws. It's just that you have to change and evolve as technology and other mediums of communication and contact with other people, and even maybe(I'm not a UFO-zoink), those from other worlds, evolve as well.

Strict interpretation of the constitution and an ever changing judicial system (I presume you mean decisions based on changes in the times) are mutually exclusive principles. Our forefathers gave us a way to change with the times - the strict process of amending the constitution. It is not the role of judges to "change with the times" by changing the interpretation of the constitution.

I do agree that American Citizens shouldnt expect much from the federal government but the fact is that there are many people out there that cant help theirselves and in my opinion we have a moral obligation to help them.

If God Forbid the big New Madrid Earthquake hits here in West TN in my lifetime I would like to hope that FEMA will be there to help my community.

Thats one of the main reasons we pay taxes after all. Whether its a Nateral Disaster or an invading army our government should be there to help and protect its people.

Anyone that is relying on the federal government to bail them out during a disaster are going to be very disappointed. In fact, the federal government and FEMA have a very limited role in the National Response Framework that every state agrees to. The truth is, no amount of planning and resources from the national level would have made up for the level of incompetence of the state and local leaders in Louisiana anyway.

FEMA doesn't have any troops, doctors, firefighters, or policemen. FEMA's major contribution to disaster response is to financially reimburse states for expenses incurred in the aftermath of the disaster. Most states that have a competent disaster response plan, don't want federal officials controlling any aspect of the relief effort. The request for federal aid is strictly financial.

The people of Louisiana also deserve some of the blame. The fact that they continue to reelect these inept leaders is beyond absurd. The major failures during Katrina didn't involve supplies or money; it was the complete lack of security and virtually no command and control. Again, not the federal governments problem. I don't know if it's a Republican vs. Democrat thing but Florida is one state that has its' sh*t together when it comes to disaster response. They have multiple natural disasters a year and always handle it well. You never hear them asking the federal government to bail them out unless it's financial. That is an example of strong local leadership.

Last edited:
While the early portion to the founding of our country was founded on religious circumstances, I believe the constitution specifies that religion and government are not to mix. I can make an exception for the Ten Commandments in say, courthouses, considering some of our basic laws are built off of that, but anything else is pushing it.

Actually the Constitution doesn't say government and religion are not to mix. It does say that the government will not establish a state religion because the founders didn't want there to be an institution like the Church of England.

Here is the exact phrase:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

I believe the concept of "separation of church and state" came from the writings of Jefferson. He didn't want any group to be persecuted by the government for their religious beliefs not complete exclusion of religion from government. Ironically though, he had religious events in the White House while he was President.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back