Inspiring Nicky Anosike interview August, 2018

They can indeed...And will.

In the last few seasons, I have not been optimistic... CHW kept putting Alpha players around herself and non-Aplha coaches coaching them. This has seemed to change. As far as the roster I see, there was only one potential Alpha athlete there (Annie) and she's gone.

I know coaching
and when the stars align, something magical happens.

It was happening last year (15-0 run) and it only stopped when their armor got a dent.
Someone tried to ignore the dent instead of telling the kids to get back in their and wear that dent as a reminder not to get another one!
I don't think that will happen this year.

However, Not-taking-a-time-out-to-interrupt momentum,,, will happen!

Hopefully she can help bring back the LV player passion & and the spirit within...we are getting the talent back on the court, but we are still lacking the true passion...I do somewhat see that in Evina, she maybe the go through...LVFL🤟

Hopefully she can help bring back the LV player passion & and the spirit within...we are getting the talent back on the court, but we are still lacking the true passion...I do somewhat see that in Evina, she maybe the go through...LVFL🤟

Honestly it only takes one to have that passion and fire for it to catch and spread. I agree Evina looks like she might have it. She is really (and I mean really) subdued but I think Rennia has it. When she told reporters she was getting right back in the gym in after the OSU loss that is the fire and desire players need. I think among the freshman Massengill has it becuz I watched games both with her high school team and in the All Star games she was getting on her team trying to employ them to be more competitive and not so loose. Her coach Keisha Hunt got on Massengill for not being intense at nationals and she responded with a 32 point game the next game almost leading her team to victory. Both offensively she attacked, then she rebounded, and she dogged the other players on defense. The players she gave fits to signed with Stanford. I’m interested to see the Hull twins play Massengill again when TN plays Stanford.

You had me at: "Honestly it only takes one to have that passion and fire for it to catch and spread".....

And when it emanates from from the right person(s),, in the mix,,it mushrooms even faster.
This year it has to happen with Meme and Cheridine.
And at least one of the staff.

Note:
Don't mistake "emotion and emoting" for "passion"...Big difference
One is at that moment,.,the other never leaves you

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
Anosike has what it takes she had it as a player and leader back then and will certainly help the team now. I hope we find a way for her to never leave Tennessee again.

Reactions: mlindsay
And when it emanates from from the right person(s),, in the mix,,it mushrooms even faster.
This year it has to happen with Meme and Cheridine.
And at least one of the staff.

Note:
Don't mistake "emotion and emoting" for "passion"...Big difference
One is at that moment,.,the other never leaves you

I agree about Meme and Cheridene! If Nicki has started to get in her ear about holding everyone accountable it could be a difference maker becuz nicki and Cheridene remind me of each other as far as I may not put up the gaudy scoring numbers but you will listen to me type of attitude becuz I make a difference. We saw instances of that last year when she would come in and get a needed rebound or block. All this while I think she was still getting her legs under her (she sat out parts of the preseason still recovering last year). I think Evina could be that person if she learns from the right person.

The freshman class I think it’s Massengill.

As far as staff I think that person is Gordon. I think (well hope) she and Nicki start to talk more between them and that translates over to the players.

I agree about Meme and Cheridene! If Nicki has started to get in her ear about holding everyone accountable it could be a difference maker becuz nicki and Cheridene remind me of each other as far as I may not put up the gaudy scoring numbers but you will listen to me type of attitude becuz I make a difference. We saw instances of that last year when she would come in and get a needed rebound or block. All this while I think she was still getting her legs under her (she sat out parts of the preseason still recovering last year). I think Evina could be that person if she learns from the right person.

The freshman class I think it’s Massengill.

As far as staff I think that person is Gordon. I think (well hope) she and Nicki start to talk more between them and that translates over to the players.

CHW has to be confident enough to let Bridgette and Nicki lead in that area if they ARE that missing ingredient

Last edited:

VN Store

Back