In the immortal words of Fonzi ....

lawgator1

I was wr.... I was wro.....

Just can't bring myself to say it, but you know what I mean. Coverage of the tea parties I have seen reflected most folks were concerned about fiscal irresponsibility, regardless of the source. My hat is off to them.

Just can't bring myself to say it, but you know what I mean. Coverage of the tea parties I have seen reflected most folks were concerned about fiscal irresponsibility, regardless of the source. My hat is off to them.

Though I am sure that most on here wish my avatar's top was off to them.

While Bush is certainly culpable as well, it is hard to get behind what is happening in Washington now. Maybe in two years time people will start voting the senators and reps that helped get us into this mess out of office.

It will all depend on how long the inflation rates remain supressed.

While Bush is certainly culpable as well, it is hard to get behind what is happening in Washington now. Maybe in two years time people will start voting the senators and reps that helped get us into this mess out of office.

It will all depend on how long the inflation rates remain supressed.

Inflation seems an inevitable consequence of this. I get the sense that the economy is a bit of a coiled spring right now. We could see such a fast turn around in so many things that gas and food prices just leap out of their skins.

I am absolutely stoked to hear your overview of the next PETA / Earth Day / No More Wars / Down with Nukes / Republicans Suck / Conservatism is Dead / We Love Abortion / God's an Idiot rally. Those guys all seem to be pretty reasonable and well grounded folks.

I am absolutely stoked to hear your overview of the next PETA / Earth Day / No More Wars / Down with Nukes / Republicans Suck / Conservatism is Dead / We Love Abortion / God's an Idiot rally. Those guys all seem to be pretty reasonable and well grounded folks.

They are far worse than anything I've heard or seen reported about yesterday, I'll certainly grant you that.

IMO, Joe Sixpack has nothing to do with the extremes of the political spectrum.

And in fact that is a problem with the state of politics in this country right now. Those of us who care about them tend to get pushed further and further to the extremes in our view of the other side. Just as many of the Republicans who showed up yesterday did not do it just to bash Obama, there are a lot of Democrats who support the cause of lower taxes and are worried about spending levels.

And in fact that is a problem with the state of politics in this country right now. Those of us who care about them tend to get pushed further and further to the extremes in our view of the other side. Just as many of the Republicans who showed up yesterday did not do it just to bash Obama, there are a lot of Democrats who support the cause of lower taxes and are worried about spending levels.

And that's the problem with appointing a Federal Rep who shares their social likeness. In my opinion, for instance, the death penalty and abortion should be regulated by states, not at the Federal level... yet those issues are continually debated while true Federal issues remain untouched.

A lot of people are just too bull-headed or ignorant to actually concede agreeing with "the other party" over issues.

And that's the problem with appointing a Federal Rep who shares their social likeness. In my opinion, for instance, the death penalty and abortion should be regulated by states, not at the Federal level... yet those issues are continually debated while true Federal issues remain untouched.

A lot of people are just too bull-headed or ignorant to actually concede agreeing with "the other party" over issues.

It gets worse during presidential election cycles (or shortly after them).

you-lose.jpg

VN Store

Back