In-State Center to Take Official Visit to Vols

Correction(s):

Yemi was only 60% FTs. It was Negedu that was pretty good. He was an 80% free throw shooter.

It might have been Negedu with the heart condition. He ended up at New Mexico after sitting out a year and I kind of remember them taking the risk of letting him play rather than SIU. But Yemi sat out a couple of years between UT and SIU and I don't remember that story or why Pops had such a brief career. Was it Pops with the legal issue?

Last edited:
Guys, really watch the videos and picture this kid playing against Kentucky. The first thing he does when he receives the ball is to bring it to waist level, he also fouls alot when blocking shots and allows smaller kids to grab rebounds before he blocks their shots. This will be a "project" at best and they usually do not turn out good. We have had too many of these kind of projects lately.........there are better options available.

If this kid is a serious option, we have a problem.

If this kid is a serious option, we have a problem.

I disagree since his other OVs are Illinois, Florida, and Louisville. Also, as much as he's improved in 3 or 4 years it indicates that he's coachable and would fit in to CRB's system. A 6'10" 280 pounder that buys in would be a great problem to have.

Reactions: Type Orange+
Correction(s):

Yemi was only 60% FTs. It was Negedu that was pretty good. He was an 80% free throw shooter.

It might have been Negedu with the heart condition. He ended up at New Mexico after sitting out a year and I kind of remember them taking the risk of letting him play rather than SIU. But Yemi sat out a couple of years between UT and SIU and I don't remember that story or why Pops had such a brief career. Was it Pops with the legal issue?
Yemi had the legal issues. Iirc Pops had medical issues.

Yemi had the legal issues. Iirc Pops had medical issues.

Emmanuel Negedu went into cardiac arrest in 2009 and was revived by a UT trainer.

Yemi Makanjoula had a rape allegation made against him.

Rawane "Pops" Ndiaye tore his ACL in the off season after his (Junior) year at UT.

Last edited:
Emmanuel Negedu went into cardiac arrest in 2009 and was revived by a UT trainer.

Yemi Makanjoula had a rape allegation made against him.

Rawane "Pops" Njiaye tore his ACL in the off season after his (Junior) year at UT.
Couldn't remember what Pop's injury was. good info. Also had Dwight Miller who had knee problems. A lot of bad luck with our big guys.

Ray Kasongo suffered from butt-hurtedness and had family members convincing him that he was better than he really was. Yemi and Emmanual were from Nigeria. Seems like Kasongo might have been from one of the Congo Republics. I'm not sure about Pops.

TN has kind of had a pipe-line originating in Africa but those 4 didn't really reach their potential.

Couldn't remember what Pop's injury was. good info. Also had Dwight Miller who had knee problems. A lot of bad luck with our big guys.

I was kind of looking for 6'8" and bigger when I was scanning through the old rosters. I missed Dwight and John Fields and this new VN platform has been giving me fits when I attempt to edit my posts.

Lots of unfulfilled potential or brief careers with our bigs through the years, but Weezy Chism was a huge success and Grant Williams has been amazing as an under-sized post.

Lots of unfulfilled potential or brief careers with our bigs through the years, but Weezy Chism was a huge success and Grant Williams has been amazing as an under-sized post.
Don't forget alexander who could have a break out season this year. He's the very reason I think Barnes could do wonders with a Jitiboh.

Eric McKnight never made it here.

I know that he wasn't on Donnie's roster. I don't remember what happened. I assume that the open spot is why DT took a chance with Woodson. Donnie had so many additions I didn't even remember McKnight and the story with him. 9 players left, 9 were added, and Dominic Woodson didn't last very long.

Sports Reference has two records for Yemi because they spelled his last name 2 different ways. They have him at 6'8" on each.

They have Pops at 6'10" and 280. I didn't think that he was that tall but he only played 71 total minutes in 22 games one season at UT and I really don't remember much about him. He had 2 blocks, 20 points, and 21 rebounds.

Seemed like Negadu or Yemi had quite a bit of raw talent. It was maybe Yemi that had a pretty good stroke at the FT stripe.

Was it Yemi that had the heart condition and UT wouldn't allow him to play any more?
Negedu has the heart condition. Yemi was dismissed/left amid (undisclosed) sexual assault allegations. And like I said, he ended up at SIU-Edwardsville, where he was listed at 6-10, 260 lbs. Now, is that embellished? I don’t know.

Reactions: Pruitt Will Do It
Kevin Nash 6'10''(1977)?

I only went back to around Hamer and listed some of the post players. Kind of showing how rare 6'10" and non-skinny additions (that didn't flame out) to the roster have been. Otherwise there's Tom Boerwinkle, Red Robbins, Bobby Croft, Lloyd Richardson, Len Kosmalski, Bob Brykalski, Greg Longshore (7 footer that transferred before ever playing), Jim Woodall, Wayne Tomlinson, Doug Ashworth, Reggie Johnson, Howard Wood, Rupert Breedlove, and Nash to name a few from the Mears era and early days of Devoe. Bernard was only 6'7" but played anywhere that he wanted to. We've really not had that many players with that kind of size. Have to always include Carlus Groves as a favorite since he abused Shaq and should have decked Dale Brown. Roth and Dan Federman also get special mention for their nasty, thuggery while on the road. I think that Howard Wood and/or Dale Ellis kind of abused Rslph Sampson, too. Good times. John Snodgrass was a beast (blue font may not work yet). Dallas Bowlin would beat then all in a game of H-O-R-S-E.

Reactions: Pruitt Will Do It

VN Store

Back